• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice article (KIRK COUSINS IS ELITE)

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view TB as I do Winston. The football media has tried to hype these two up and I just never bought into it. Should the coach think he could make it work with TB, I’d put my trust in him to do it, but if it failed it’d be his ass

I don't think that's a crazy claim (although I don't think they're hyped up) But if that's the case.... shouldn't we want TB if he's cheap? The people against that seem to have some other problem with him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's a crazy claim (although I don't think they're hyped up) But if that's the case.... shouldn't we want TB if he's cheap? The people against that seem to have some other problem with him.

I do have a problem with TB. I don’t think he is a good QB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think he is not good. I also think he is as good as he will get.

Well if the Redskins decide to move on without Cousins then they better find someone long term who is not simply "not too bad" if they are going to pay that person any sizable amt of money or use a high draft pick to obtain him. That person better at least have a big upside.

I have no issue w/ finding a stopgap for avg money but their purpose would basically be as a placeholder till the young guy developed (again - this is in worst possible case where Cousins is not signed). So if you are looking at Bridgewater as long term & fairly expensive then I resoundingly say "pass".

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Redskins decide to move on without Cousins then they better find someone long term who is not simply "not too bad" if they are going to pay that person any sizable amt of money or use a high draft pick to obtain him. That person better at least have a big upside.

I have no issue w/ finding a stopgap for avg money but their purpose would basically be as a placeholder till the young guy developed (again - this is in worst possible case where Cousins is not signed). So if you are looking at Bridgewater as long term & fairly expensive then I resoundingly say "pass".

OK maybe IM being a bit of a hard ass on this. But if we are going to move on from Cousins, the new guy had better be an upgrade. And this team with said new guy had best be a wild card team in 2018 at minimum. For months I have heard ( not from you @SoCalWizFan ) as to how we can get a better QB for less than what Cousins will cost. We have been around a .500 team since Cousins took over. This was despite 20 players going to IR this year.

So if we are going to move on, the new QB better be that "Special" guy that can carry the team from day one no questions asked.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I may just be underestimating what Bridgewater would cost.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark is right about that when talking about the ABCers , all i hear is we can get better for less and a rookie can do better year one with no step back

so new guy better be that because my "i told you so " button is getting polished after a fittings check and oild and grease job

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you call average pay?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark is right about that when talking about the ABCers , all i hear is we can get better for less and a rookie can do better year one with no step back

so new guy better be that because my "i told you so " button is getting polished after a fittings check and oild and grease job

If this goes side ways, you might have to make a sticky post to contain the levels of I told you so that will come from you, me and a few posters.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you call average pay?

Not really sure, but I certainly don't want to give anywhere near Cousins or Carr type money for a stopgap guy. My bigger concern would be signing a guy for more than a season or two. Not advocating Bridgewater (very avg IMO), but I guess his upside is that he is currently making next to nothing. Being that he is two years removed from the game I can't imagine that he can demand much from any team.

Sigh - this is getting old. I hope that the damn Redskin just either shit or get off the pot. Make a commitment to Cousins or don't & state your intention to find someone else. No PR campaigns, parades or whatever. Just run the damn team correctly & maybe the Redskins will cease to being a joke in the NFL.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I keep reading all the ABC comments from certain posters. Who exactly (excluding Dean) are the ABCers dad? Anyone who thinks we can do better than Cousins or certain posters here?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading all the ABC comments from certain posters. Who exactly (excluding Dean) are the ABCers dad? Anyone who thinks we can do better than Cousins or certain posters here?
read what the posters post , you will see

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If one has made the argument that the main reason we shouldn't sign Cousins is because we MIGHT find some one better for less and yet maintains that they have no idea who that some one is or should be.

If one has constantly tried to point out that we could EASILY find a better (or equal) QB for less than what Kirk will cost.

If the meat of your plan to improve the team starts with Cousins being gone, and you really have nothing better than, but this is the most talented QB class in forever, so we can easily draft a better QB.

If you have ever made the statement well Colt McCoy could get us seven wins, discounting that the whole point in replacing Cousins would be to do BETTER than 7-8 wins.

Well then that might make some one an ABC poster.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So anyone posting something negative about Cousins is an ABCer? Good grief!
no but i see you are in lazy mode . go back the last 2 years , and look for this , he needs to prove it (even though he did ) how much blame does he get for a loss that the defense gave up a 15 point lead in 5 minutes look at who moves the goal posts to what is "i m sold "

see who ignores his good but emphasizes his bad . and mostly who denies it the most . some are obvious like dean and country , some are covert . you will see , make up your own mind . i also have rattled off names recently in one of these threads

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no but i see you are in lazy mode . go back the last 2 years , and look for this , he needs to prove it (even though he did ) how much blame does he get for a loss that the defense gave up a 15 point lead in 5 minutes look at who moves the goal posts to what is "i m sold "

see who ignores his good but emphasizes his bad . and mostly who denies it the most . some are obvious like dean and country , some are covert . you will see , make up your own mind . i also have rattled off names recently in one of these threads
You have dad and while my lazy self could go back a few years to look, its not worth my time. Look, quite frankly I'm tired of all the KC talk. Everyone is posing, saying things, trying to make one's self look better on the surface for the sake of interviews and keeping things professional if you will... Maybe a gag order moving forward on this KC situation would be best for everyone, including all posters here.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also makes him a full of shit playa in the business side of pro football. That aw shucks BS might play well with folks looking for the myth of the all-American boy, but make no mistake, Kirk Cousins is a cold blooded, take no prisoners businessman.

While I cant disagree with anything you have said.

Being all about his business, I also don't expect Kirk to ever

1. get popped for drugs
2. Let his dick cause him issues at work
3. Run his mouth in such a way as to rub the locker room the wrong way.

The difference between Kirk Cousins and Ryan Kerrigan..... the position they play.