• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL fixes game so Falcons can win

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been posted yet

Attachments

• IMG_24092017_160538_0.png
    IMG_24092017_160538_0.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His knee had already hit the ground before that still. It hits about 6 inches further back and then comes back off the ground when he surges. He was down. Only real question is if the Lions could have got lined up, got a play called and snapped the ball in 7 seconds

I'm gonna say NO.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say NO.
If they could've spiked it then I would say yes but it's 4th down so not sure you can get everyone to the line, get a play called and get the snap off. 7 seconds isn't much time

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should they not have been afforded the ability to try? It is pretty ballsy of the league to say, well, we stopped the clock, where all of your players are within 3 yards of line to gain, and in theory it takes more than 7 seconds to get lined up and run a play.

Who remembers Michigan kicking a field goal in 12 seconds? That is 12 seconds after play is ruled down they swapped in kicker, long snapper and holder who had to run 50+ yards on the field to get into position. So you are saying there is 0 chance they can line up if it is ruled down and run a QB sneak or straight dive?

Pretty presumptuous if you ask me. And it is the officials who stopped the clock, not Detroit wanting a call reversal, so because officials are not sure, it is a penalty on the team to not be allowed to attempt a play?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's some bullshit
Falcons should be 1-2

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next time, maybe Stafford should just throw it into the end zone on 3rd down if they don't have any time outs...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't college. He has to be touched down by an opposing player. Knee doesn't matter.
The defensive player is touching him.
Good call, bad rule just another dumb rule that needs updating.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions got screwed on several calls. PI in the 2014 playoffs. Calvin process catch. Batting in the end zone never called on the Seahawks and now this.
It's not just the officials. Everyone hates Detroit.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions completely screwed on bogus call to reverse a TD. Fix was in and probably will be all year to get the Falcons back to the SB after last years epic collapse the league feels they need to have another chance.

NFL is a disgrace. I think a boycott is in order. Pathetic.
no. it was a good call.

pull em up.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His knee had already hit the ground before that still. It hits about 6 inches further back and then comes back off the ground when he surges. He was down. Only real question is if the Lions could have got lined up, got a play called and snapped the ball in 7 seconds

I think they could have. But why did they do the run off again? I don't get that

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not too upset with the call, I can see why it was called a td initially, and I can see the over turning it. I don't think there was enough there to overturn, but I can see someone else disagreeing.

My issue is last year the Lions covered 27 yards and got a snap off in 7 seconds, but doing this in 8 is impossible?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happened to the Packers last week with the pick plays called against the Packers but not against the Falcons which gave the falcons a TD and took a TD and a drive at the 30 YD line first and ten which was a potential TD all off the board. If the refs are going to call pick interference then they need to call it against both teams.

we all know there is conspiracy against GB.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should they not have been afforded the ability to try? It is pretty ballsy of the league to say, well, we stopped the clock, where all of your players are within 3 yards of line to gain, and in theory it takes more than 7 seconds to get lined up and run a play.

Who remembers Michigan kicking a field goal in 12 seconds? That is 12 seconds after play is ruled down they swapped in kicker, long snapper and holder who had to run 50+ yards on the field to get into position. So you are saying there is 0 chance they can line up if it is ruled down and run a QB sneak or straight dive?

Pretty presumptuous if you ask me. And it is the officials who stopped the clock, not Detroit wanting a call reversal, so because officials are not sure, it is a penalty on the team to not be allowed to attempt a play?

I still have nightmares of Purdue vs Minnesota where the went 63 yards in 3 plays in 18 seconds, including one over the middle (I still call BS)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they could have. But why did they do the run off again? I don't get that
To keep the Offense from getting another play off when they don't have any TOs that they otherwise would not have been able to do during the normal course of the game flow. Not saying I agree with the rule or know why they picked 10 seconds, but in a hypothetical situation let's say he was ruled down on the field and there were 3 seconds left. With no TOs obviously the game is going to be over as the clock will run out before they can line up and run another play. If there wasn't a 10 second run off rule and the ref stopped play to review the call and found that indeed he was down, the Lions could have lined up and as soon as the ref blew the whistle to start play they could have gotten another play off even though the clock would have been at only 3 seconds. It also keeps teams from purposefully drawing a penalty to stop the clock and get another play off.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To keep the Offense from getting another play off when they don't have any TOs that they otherwise would not have been able to do during the normal course of the game flow. Not saying I agree with the rule or know why they picked 10 seconds, but in a hypothetical situation let's say he was ruled down on the field and there were 3 seconds left. With no TOs obviously the game is going to be over as the clock will run out before they can line up and run another play. If there wasn't a 10 second run off rule and the ref stopped play to review the call and found that indeed he was down, the Lions could have lined up and as soon as the ref blew the whistle to start play they could have gotten another play off even though the clock would have been at only 3 seconds. It also keeps teams from purposefully drawing a penalty to stop the clock and get another play off.

Ok, that makes sense...

However, it should be tweeked due to the rule that every scoring play gets reviewed. They stopped the game to check... Not like the Lions or anyone called a time-out.

I am wondering if TV had anything to do with the 10 second run off?

gandog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shades of the Dallas losing to the Packers in the playoffs two years ago, with the catch/noncatch ruling on fourth down.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I understand it.

When it was determined the knee was down and he was touched, because the Lions did not have a timeout the 10 second runoff had to be applied.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand it.

When it was determined the knee was down and he was touched, because the Lions did not have a timeout the 10 second runoff had to be applied.

But the BOOTH called the play to be reviewed! Why penalize a team for a stoppage of play that they had no control over?

gandog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions completely screwed on bogus call to reverse a TD. Fix was in and probably will be all year to get the Falcons back to the SB after last years epic collapse the league feels they need to have another chance.

NFL is a disgrace. I think a boycott is in order. Pathetic.
You can lament it all you want, but the rule was there, and the man was NOT over the line when his knee was down. The rule is the rule, don't cry because they actually ENFORCE a rule.