• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL fixes game so Falcons can win

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can lament it all you want, but the rule was there, and the man was NOT over the line when his knee was down. The rule is the rule, don't cry because they actually ENFORCE a rule.
See the former Tuck rule

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this, looks down to me.

DKhEkF8XUAEz3-1.jpg

Saw this while watching game yesterday,and thought right away,he was down,and touched,before he got in.

Hell of a game against the NFC defending champs.

I expect them to bounce back and kick the Vikings ass.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you rewarding a team with another play? The entire team was within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. This was not a 40 yard bomb, it was a 3 yard pass! You are saying a professional team cannot get back to the line ofr a dive or QB sneak in 7 seconds?

Nope...I'm betting they probably could line up and get off a play.

But...in the case we're dealing with...the time was stopped to review the play...I think we've established by rule if the OFC doesn't have a TO there has to be a 10 sec run off. The same would be in play if ATL didn't have a TO and the call on the field would have been upheld...there would have been a 10 sec run off and the game would've ended in DET favor.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know his elbow or knee is down at that point in time based on this angle and zoom?

He is already past the defender that touched him down.

It does not matter. That picture looks like the time was shopped to me. There was only 13 second left before that play so no way that could of been only 2 seconds. I got duped by someone else on the internet apparently.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to wrap back to what some other posters were claiming that they say the clock had 11 seconds on it when he would have been considered down.

They were correct. The NFL also bumbled this by not reviewing to see how much time should have been left on the clock if they are calling him down by contact.
O8nROYULJoS8aasZuRplw-D1D8rK4MaLRRPDuCQ5CFQ.jpg
That part is irrelevant because the team has to be set for a full second before you can legally snap the ball anyway so a 10 second run off at 11 seconds still ends the game once the ball is whistled back into play as you cannot legally snap it til the clock is at zero

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions completely screwed on bogus call to reverse a TD. Fix was in and probably will be all year to get the Falcons back to the SB after last years epic collapse the league feels they need to have another chance.

NFL is a disgrace. I think a boycott is in order. Pathetic.

I am confused.

Are you insinuating that they inserted this rule years ago, just to get to this precise moment on Sunday where they'd set-up a situation to deploy it against the Lions? lol

He was clearly stopped short, and the rule is CLEARLY a 10 second run-off when you restart a running clock following an overturned review.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That part is irrelevant because the team has to be set for a full second before you can legally snap the ball anyway so a 10 second run off at 11 seconds still ends the game once the ball is whistled back into play as you cannot legally snap it til the clock is at zero

Never heard of that rule in football. Basketball has it. If you could post a link to that it would be interesting to see where it says that.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of that rule in football. Basketball has it. If you could post a link to that it would be interesting to see where it says that.
Yep. It's a rule too lol. Lots of em I'm learning about recently due to this game