• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL believes London is ready for team; 2022 a target

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way this happens.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why this won't work. Players would have to live in London at least part of the year. Without another European team, every away game is a very long flight. Same thing for every team playing London in London. Football will never surpass soccer as the number 1 sport in England.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFL team in London would be gayer than cum on a mustache.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah like they thought LA was ready........

They'd be better off with a team in Mexico City or somewhere in Canada. At least then the travel wouldn't be so bad

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
London is a horrible idea, of the really want to go international, go to Mexico or Canada.
Imagine the London Jaguars playing the NFCW and AFCW.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know....now that I think about it. . .

:think:......:idea:

....i think Myrtle Beach is ready to have their own NFL team. Yes, that's right, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why this won't work. Players would have to live in London at least part of the year. Without another European team, every away game is a very long flight. Same thing for every team playing London in London. Football will never surpass soccer as the number 1 sport in England.
The jet lag would suck. It'd be a huge disadvantage for road games, but a dramatic advantage for home games. I wonder how this would effect them drawing free agents as well. I would think many would hate this aspect of playing over there. But then factor in that they would be making $1.36 over there for every dollar players here in the old USA earn, and that really wouldn't suck at all.

Football wouldn't have to be the #1 sport over there to be successful. Look at Baseball, basketball, soccer, gold, NASCAR here in the states. And there are rabid American Football fans over there. Google "UK Packers fans". A group of them made a pilgrimage to Lambeau Field for the opening Seahawks game this year. It's a logical assumption other teams have a decent following over there to.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
London is a horrible idea, of the really want to go international, go to Mexico or Canada.
Imagine the London Jaguars playing the NFCW and AFCW.

A flight from Seattle to London takes the same amount of time as a flight from Chicago to London. The Seattle flight just flies a bit more north towards the north pole than the Chicago flight does making the distance the same. My daughter lives in the UK and has done both of those flights in 9 hours

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jet lag would suck. It'd be a huge disadvantage for road games, but a dramatic advantage for home games. I wonder how this would effect them drawing free agents as well. I would think many would hate this aspect of playing over there. But then factor in that they would be making $1.36 over there for every dollar players here in the old USA earn, and that really wouldn't suck at all.

Football wouldn't have to be the #1 sport over there to be successful. Look at Baseball, basketball, soccer, gold, NASCAR here in the states. And there are rabid American Football fans over there. Google "UK Packers fans". A group of them made a pilgrimage to Lambeau Field for the opening Seahawks game this year. It's a logical assumption other teams have a decent following over there to.

As a free agent I would sign with Buffalo before I signed with London.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A flight from Seattle to London takes the same amount of time as a flight from Chicago to London. The Seattle flight just flies a bit more north towards the north pole than the Chicago flight does making the distance the same. My daughter lives in the UK and has done both of those flights in 9 hours
Great, now how long is the Flight from Seattle to Miami.
Now imagine 3 flights from London to the west coast in one season.
IMO it's a logistical nightmare.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you saying the London team will have a different Salary Cap?

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want an foreign team, Mexico City is the best bet.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying the London team will have a different Salary Cap?
That's what the exchange rate between the British Pound and the American Dollar is. Guess I didn't think the whole thing through. If each team is a franchise of the NFL, maybe they would still get paid in American Dollars even over seas. But then that would really suck for them when they go spending that money in England. Becasue it won't buy near as much as it will here.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what the exchange rate between the British Pound and the American Dollar is. Guess I didn't think the whole thing through. If each team is a franchise of the NFL, maybe they would still get paid in American Dollars even over seas. But then that would really suck for them when they go spending that money in England. Becasue it won't buy near as much as it will here.
I got the Pound angle, just haven't seen it discussed. Now keep in mind Taxes in London are much higher than in the US so that probably eats up the extra money if they get it.
I wonder how many draftees will be eager to be drafted by an international team?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That IMO will be the slow death of the NFL.

The fuck is that fair that any team will have to fly to London for an away game let alone a London team flying to the US?

I think this is complete bullshit. Of course it's 'do'able', doesn't mean it will happen.