• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Lions HC, Matt Patricia

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patricia has said no such thing as far as I know. I love how some of these hacks just throw crap against the wall without backing it up. If someone actually has Patricia on the record saying that I would be interested in seeing it.

Of course no one has him saying it on the record. Candidates of multiple coaching positions never go on record saying they prefers job A over job B.

Doesn't mean they don't give indications off the record or privately.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to imagine, if both the Lions and Giants told Matt Patricia that they wanted to hire him, and he prefers the Giants, that he wouldn't tell his buddy Quinn his intentions. And if that's the case I doubt Quinn will wait around any longer and he'll hire his second choice. Every other day someone else is going to be the Giants HC. I'll believe the next rumor when it's not a rumor. At the end of the day though, can't blame Patricia if he prefers the Giants. I'd take the Giants job.

Not sure why everyone assumes Vrabel will be the second choice. One year coordinating a bad defense? Dude just stopped playing like 20 minutes ago. I think Quinn gave his friend an interview to help his profile but isn't really going to turn this team over to a guy who really, truly hasn't done a thing yet.

I'm thinking the second choice, if it actually comes to that (again), will be Pat Shurmer.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course no one has him saying it on the record. Candidates of multiple coaching positions never go on record saying they prefers job A over job B.

Doesn't mean they don't give indications off the record or privately.

I have some pretty close ties to the Pats so until I get confirmation from at least them I am not believing it. Seems likes every coach the Giants want is rumored to prefer to coach there, but you are right anything is possible. Heck, they could throw a boatload more money at him. I would not blame him for that.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to imagine, if both the Lions and Giants told Matt Patricia that they wanted to hire him, and he prefers the Giants, that he wouldn't tell his buddy Quinn his intentions. And if that's the case I doubt Quinn will wait around any longer and he'll hire his second choice. Every other day someone else is going to be the Giants HC. I'll believe the next rumor when it's not a rumor. At the end of the day though, can't blame Patricia if he prefers the Giants. I'd take the Giants job.

Not sure why everyone assumes Vrabel will be the second choice. One year coordinating a bad defense? Dude just stopped playing like 20 minutes ago. I think Quinn gave his friend an interview to help his profile but isn't really going to turn this team over to a guy who really, truly hasn't done a thing yet.

I'm thinking the second choice, if it actually comes to that (again), will be Pat Shurmer.

Or McHoody. He is not getting much interest this year so far.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems pretty accurate based on what I have heard as well. Giants are posturing, but my guess is they end up out in the cold unless they pony up a huge amount of money or give up a ton of control.

Kind of a bummer to hear we're second choice on Patricia's list, but I guess not too many coaches geew up dreaming of landing the Lions job.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I am interested in some NE castoff.

We need an innovative play caller on offense.
The amount of draft resources and fat cash the GM has put into the Oline already. It's frightening that Cooter could not coach them to open up running lanes.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I am interested in some NE castoff.

We need an innovative play caller on offense.
The amount of draft resources and fat cash the GM has put into the Oline already. It's frightening that Cooter could not coach them to open up running lanes.
I'm betting Cooter remains as our OC. There's an article out there about him meeting Patricia when he was in for his interview. Moreover, if Cooter were out, he'd be taking interviews like Austin did.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a bummer to hear we're second choice on Patricia's list, but I guess not too many coaches geew up dreaming of landing the Lions job.

Not sure why we would be. We are much better than the Giants on offense and could improve as a team in total much more than the Giants with a defensive mind at the helm. It just does not add up unless they offered him something not reported.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting Cooter remains as our OC. There's an article out there about him meeting Patricia when he was in for his interview. Moreover, if Cooter were out, he'd be taking interviews like Austin did.

I think the next coach would be smart to hire an OC who has a history of being able to run the GD ball. A history of developing a competent o-line. You can upgrade the OC and placate Stafford by making Cooter the Assistant HC/QB coach. Unless Cooter can show that it was Caldwell's issues that lead to our running and protection issues.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think Patty keeps JBC as OC?

I can't wait to see a hybrid D in Detroit.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how little news there is about Jim Bob being interviewed with other teams, and Matthew's recent league leading contract and comments on how the OC has improved his game, the next HC may not get a choice as to who the OC is. Bob Quinn is running the organization, and I don't think he goes for much ego driven decisions. If the new HC becomes obstinate on that point either during negotiations or, even worse, after being hired, then it may be a short tenure for the next HC in Detroit.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell will be fired after the game today.

Matt Patricia will be the next Lions HC once New England wins the SB.

Lions D will convert to a 3-4. This is mostly why BQ never committed to Ansah.

Jim Schwartz is the front runner to get the HC job in NY.

Those are the rumors.

I’m hoping we find out sooner than later what his plans are on base D. Straight to a 3-4 or more hybrid like he currently runs. I’ve never really looked at certain players because of a 4-3. Do I need to watch kids with 0 technique or look at more smaller athletic edge/OLB?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to a 3-4 puts more need on another ILB and means kids like Roquan Smith and Malik Jefferson in play. Changes how much of the overhauling of the DL is needed or not. As in the need for two DEs and a DT in 4-3 to A’shawn being 0 technique meanwhile and edge/OLB and ILB needed.

Not sold A’Shawn handling the 0...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Ansah has a ton more value in a 3-4. I would love to see him as a rush lb

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to a 3-4 puts more need on another ILB and means kids like Roquan Smith and Malik Jefferson in play. Changes how much of the overhauling of the DL is needed or not. As in the need for two DEs and a DT in 4-3 to A’shawn being 0 technique meanwhile and edge/OLB and ILB needed.

Not sold A’Shawn handling the 0...

Vita Vea will go right about where we pick. Even Payne might still be there.

Last edited:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell asleep during the game yesterday. How many points did MP's D give up? I heard possibly over 40? Did Fournette go wild like always? Oh man.