• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Coach

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too hope you guys get Franklin. Get Franklin or Just hire LJ sr.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too hope you guys get Franklin. Get Franklin or Just hire LJ sr.

I'd prefer Munch to LJ senior. Love LJ, but he's never even been a coordinator at college level, let alone head coach. Franklin is still the coach I want to see us end up with, but the admin actually offered Munch last go round and he was set to be coach, but backed out and they hired BOB.

I'm not a huge fun of Munch because of the unknowns with him and recruiting, but if he brings along Parlavecchio, Matthews and 1 or 2 more from his staff, keeps LJ and gets a good OC, I'd be on board. He is very well respected in the league, players seem to love him and he turned down an extension and big raise because he didn't want them picking his staff for him.....resisted change for the sake of changing.

I am not thrilled with the thought of Munch, preferred a proven recruiter like Al, but they are very similar minus the recruiting aspect, which hopefully Munch would be solid at.

I'd judge Munchak on teh staff he surrounds himself with. If he brought Matthews home and had LJ on board, our team would be lights out in the trenches.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind if Munch brings Greg Williams from Titans to help the defense.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Golden just said he's not a candidate, not that he's not leaving if offered the job. :suds:

Sounds like they are zoned in on Franklin, hope that's the case. Munch actually interviewing for OL job with LOB in Houston, LOL

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Fitz (strength coach) leaving to join O'Brien.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever the new coach would be he would be crazy to not keep Fitz or LJ.

Its looking more like PSU will hire Munchak. Sources saying he already did a good job in the interview by addressing how he would recruit and how he will keep the 2014 class. He stated he already has a college game plan in place and who he wants on his staff. While its reported Franklin will be interviewed by my Redskins later this week.

I do like Munchak in the fact that I see him staying with PSU for at least 15 years if he does well. Compared to other coaches who might be attempted to go the NFL so PSU would be a stepping stone to the NFL like L'OB did.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever the new coach would be he would be crazy to not keep Fitz or LJ.

Its looking more like PSU will hire Munchak. Sources saying he already did a good job in the interview by addressing how he would recruit and how he will keep the 2014 class. He stated he already has a college game plan in place and who he wants on his staff. While its reported Franklin will be interviewed by my Redskins later this week. I hear Jay Gr4uden leads for Deadskins Job

I do like Munchak in the fact that I see him staying with PSU for at least 15 years if he does well. Compared to other coaches who might be attempted to go the NFL so PSU would be a stepping stone to the NFL like L'OB did.

munchak also reported to be interviewing for OL coach jobs around league. The thing is, it seems like everyone but Franklin has had stuff leaked about them. Maybe he's the guy they are focused in on and sending mixed signals everywhere else. They were slow playing Al waiting to interview others. He couldn't put it off past yesterday or he could've done too much damage to himself in Miami.

Franklin is also said to be very interested in the job and some around him feel he's just a better fit for college as he loves recruiting and other things that go with being HC in a college program.

LJ appears to be legit in the mix, but 3rd right now.

If its munch, we could do worse than a HOF lineman who is very well respected in NFL and loved by his players at that level;. He's also known as arguably the best OL coach in teh sport. I'd reserve judgement till I saw his staff, but I'd put in his contract that he had to wear his HOF blazer on all recruiting visits, LOL:suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting couple of tweets.

Ron Musselman ‏@ronmusselman8 38m
As I said previously, #PennState job will not been offered to anyone until interim coach Larry Johnson is interviewed this week.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop 46m
@ronmusselman8 A lot of guys I’ve spoken w expect JF to PSU to happen. Influenced Pry’s decision as well.
Retweeted by Ron Musselman
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
Ron Musselman ‏@ronmusselman8 47m
Still being told Vanderbilt's James Franklin is front runner for #PennState coaching job. But he has not yet been offered job.

Pry was set to become HC of Georgia Southern, but withdrew today. He is originally from and has family still in, Altoona

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started following Franklin on twitter... He posts a lot and continues to post stuff about Vandy as recent as just a few minutes ago. If he does leave Vandy, I'll definitely feel for the Vandy fans..

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started following Franklin on twitter... He posts a lot and continues to post stuff about Vandy as recent as just a few minutes ago. If he does leave Vandy, I'll definitely feel for the Vandy fans..

Sounds like someone we know who just left PSU

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What twitter account are you looking at because he hasn't posted anything in 7 hours and that was him on the plane with the guy from Rascal Flatts, and before that was him thanking ESPN.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah.. My bad. ChiTown retweeted something from him that was posted Dec 30th

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah.. My bad. ChiTown retweeted something from him that was posted Dec 30th

Drop and give the PSU followers 50 push ups for posting wrong information :-)

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS sports and other sources reporting Penn State will interview 49ers OC Roman for the HC position.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS sports and other sources reporting Penn State will interview 49ers OC Roman for the HC position.

He interviewed 2 days ago. Sounds like they are trying to force someone's hand. Honestly, I'd be very happy with Roman as well. He called it a destination job last go round, is a great offensive mind, coached with harbaugh at Stanford and currently SF, is from NJ, would most likely bring Bobby E home (they were on staff together at SF). Iof its not Franklin, I prefer Roman over Munch and probably Golden

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember where I saw it earlier to cite the source, but apparently Vandy has matched our offer? Can anyone confirm this??

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember where I saw it earlier to cite the source, but apparently Vandy has matched our offer? Can anyone confirm this??

they can match money, but they can't match what PSU offers as far as program prestige, ability to win championships, 100k+ stadium that is filled every week, national brand, etc. If Franklin is serious about winning big, which every coach is, he knows he's peaked in Vandy. They lose a lot this year, his stick could slip if he doesn't move NOW.

Also, if Vandy had matched and he was locked in, then they would be crowing about it now. He wouldn't be still getting mentioned for PSU and skins

Sounds a lot like the end of BOB's stay here. made his demands, they got met, counter offer from other place more appealing for many reasons to him