• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Coach

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After participating in this forum and seeing both sides losing a coach and trying to hire a coach. I had to laugh and say we aren't any different then the Texans. Then too my biggest complaint has been the way O'Brien straight up lied.

Now we are going after coaches in the same manner, and then wanting to flip some of the kids recruited by them. :whistle: One big difference though is Al said "It's going home, I have to listen." He has been more honest then O'Brien was, I think we would have expected that from Al. At least I would.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next coach wont be Munchak its reported he is staying the HC of Titans.

I see Franklin either staying at Vandy or going to Long Horns

I see Golden being announced Penn State's HC on Wednesday at the latest. Most likely on Monday.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see Golden being announced Penn State's HC on Wednesday at the latest. Most likely on Monday.

Franklin needs to strike while Iron is hot. Vandy will be very tough place to maintain success. Texas has him way down the list, Strong is the leader, but they may make a run at Jimbo or try again at Mora.

Franklin could very well jump at PSU offer if he gets it.

Just saw a report that PSU will be flying to meet with Al tomorrow on their way to meet with Franklin the next day. Snow kept them from going today.

Either way, everything is focusing in on those 2 and we really can't go wrong with either guy.

THANK GOD Munch is staying in Tennessee

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After participating in this forum and seeing both sides losing a coach and trying to hire a coach. I had to laugh and say we aren't any different then the Texans. Then too my biggest complaint has been the way O'Brien straight up lied.

Now we are going after coaches in the same manner, and then wanting to flip some of the kids recruited by them. :whistle: One big difference though is Al said "It's going home, I have to listen." He has been more honest then O'Brien was, I think we would have expected that from Al. At least I would.

I doubt Al will call some Hack reporter and bitch about a faction of Miami fans, fire people when he knows he's leaving or try to get people who aren't even associated with your department fired.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Munchak was just fired today.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Munchak was just fired today.

Don't think it matters, they are pretty zoned in on Golden and Franklin. Sounds like Golden really wants it, but they want to interview Franklin at the very least

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that he has been fired I don't want Munchak, if only from the standpoint of making sure we keep the recruits. His NFL experience won't count for much when opposing coaches point out that he was fired for under performing. Add to that the fact that he doesn't have college coaching experience in dealing with recruiting and I'm not a fan.

Vanderbilt's bowl game had me on edge a bit. Their QB reminded me a bit of McGloin in the JayPa era. Perhaps it was a talent level issue alone, I don't know. I did for the most part like what I saw though.

I saw somewhere that Golden scheduled a staff meeting for Monday, so he must be expecting to know by then if I had to guess.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that he has been fired I don't want Munchak, if only from the standpoint of making sure we keep the recruits. His NFL experience won't count for much when opposing coaches point out that he was fired for under performing. Add to that the fact that he doesn't have college coaching experience in dealing with recruiting and I'm not a fan.

Vanderbilt's bowl game had me on edge a bit. Their QB reminded me a bit of McGloin in the JayPa era. Perhaps it was a talent level issue alone, I don't know. I did for the most part like what I saw though.

I saw somewhere that Golden scheduled a staff meeting for Monday, so he must be expecting to know by then if I had to guess.

VAndy's starter was hurt, that was their backup/running QB.

I want no part of Munch unless he's here as OL coach. I think he ends up somewhere in Titans organization. He's been with them since 1982. He has ZERO college experience and has never had to recruit

It hink we'll know shortly after the Franklin interview tomorrow

Word is, Golden likely keeps Fitz as S/C coach

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGGGG....interviewing Munchak as well. If they hire him, WE ARE.......SCREWED.

Really hoping they are just dotting i's and crossing t's with Al and Munch is a courtesy thing for the lettermen, he has ZERO college experience and has never recruited.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Franklin has a impressive interview. Maybe the board will still want someone who doesn't have PSU roots and will hire Franklin over AL and Munch.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Franklin has a impressive interview. Maybe the board will still want someone who doesn't have PSU roots and will hire Franklin over AL and Munch.

I'm pretty much even on Franklin and Golden. Golden took a temple program that was ready to drop to 1-aa or just be disbanded and turned them into a 9 win team. He also took over Miami under sanctions and left in a heap by Shannon. Shannon was also tight with many HS coaches in that area, which caused them to steer some kids away from the U. Al has over come all of this and improved every year there as well.

While I like what Franklin has done at Vandy, its no more impressive that what Al has achieved.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im 50/50 on Golden & Franklin as well.

I keep picturing Al wearing his signature tie and some black shoes...

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I agree, I am even if not even rooting a little more for Al. What he did at Temple was incredible and he stepped into a real pile at Miami. I was picturing Al with white shirt, tie and black shoes on the sideline. I like it. He can take the names off the back of the jerseys too. Penn State fans know who is playing by looking at the number.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Bruce Feldman CBS is that Al Golden is staying at Miami. Damn.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin or bust.

Hey the committee did surprise use in a good way by hiring BOB which was on nobody's radar so maybe they have another trick up their sleeve.

I want Franklin, Munchak seems like a good NFL coach but worried how he will do at recruiting, LJ is a good defensive coach and I would like him to be DC but his age might be a huge knock against him.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Schiano still in the running?