• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New England Patriots AT Pittsburgh Steelers 425 EST/CBS

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For two weeks in a row I've watched the pats get manhandled up front on both sides of the ball. It's ridiculous. That means that Brady and others can't do what they do best.

Honestly, the steelers played far too conservative with the lead. The pats D is ranked in the lower third of the league. The steelers O is one of the best in the league even without AB. They should have trusted Ben more with the lead to deliver the ball. Those runs on 2nd and forever were a joke.

Lastly, that call sucked. No two ways about it but you've GOT to get your head back in the game! You are already in FG range to tie!! No need to panic!! Ben was saying after the game "I wanted to spike it but they were telling me in my headset to run the play". First of all that's WEAK!! You don't hang the coaching staff out to dry like that!! Second of all, YOU were the one who threw it into triple coverage instead of throwing it away and getting the kick for OT!! That (the fake spike) is a bang bang play. It's either there or it isn't. It wasn't. Ben should have sailed it out of the end zone and kicked the chip shot for the tie.

In all fairness to Ben, Haley is a dick and a Shit excuse for a coach.
Haley yelling Shit into his headset when he's trying to hurry to the line is a crock of Shit. Haley has thrown Ben under the bus many times, screwed him over, you name it.
Would any of you guys be cool with an offensive coach yelling at Brady to run a play. I doubt it. Ben knew he didn't have the line up for that play, it's a post to AB. Instead the guy ran into the middle of the field.....why??? Everyone and there mother was there. Should he off thrown it away, yep. But as I've started, we should of never been in that situation. But fuck Haley and the rest of the coaching staff for not trusting Ben in the first place. This was part of the reason he wanted to retire last of season.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for the Steelers and bad news for the rest of the AFC playoff field is that AB should be back for the playoffs. I thought for sure he broke that leg, but am glad it wasn't.

Sure looked like he broke his leg to me and some of my friends. I'll be amazed if he is back at full speed for the playoffs.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looked like he broke his leg to me and some of my friends. I'll be amazed if he is back at full speed for the playoffs.

Check your bifocals.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For two weeks in a row I've watched the pats get manhandled up front on both sides of the ball. It's ridiculous. That means that Brady and others can't do what they do best.

Honestly, the steelers played far too conservative with the lead. The pats D is ranked in the lower third of the league. The steelers O is one of the best in the league even without AB. They should have trusted Ben more with the lead to deliver the ball. Those runs on 2nd and forever were a joke.

Lastly, that call sucked. No two ways about it but you've GOT to get your head back in the game! You are already in FG range to tie!! No need to panic!! Ben was saying after the game "I wanted to spike it but they were telling me in my headset to run the play". First of all that's WEAK!! You don't hang the coaching staff out to dry like that!! Second of all, YOU were the one who threw it into triple coverage instead of throwing it away and getting the kick for OT!! That (the fake spike) is a bang bang play. It's either there or it isn't. It wasn't. Ben should have sailed it out of the end zone and kicked the chip shot for the tie.
Actually the running plays worked well. It kept TB and NE off the field. Plus when you have Bell as your bell cow why wouldn't you?
I agree with everything else but the OL played decent. Pit was 2nd or 3rd in the league for sacks.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness to Ben, Haley is a dick and a Shit excuse for a coach.
Haley yelling Shit into his headset when he's trying to hurry to the line is a crock of Shit. Haley has thrown Ben under the bus many times, screwed him over, you name it.
Would any of you guys be cool with an offensive coach yelling at Brady to run a play. I doubt it. Ben knew he didn't have the line up for that play, it's a post to AB. Instead the guy ran into the middle of the field.....why??? Everyone and there mother was there. Should he off thrown it away, yep. But as I've started, we should of never been in that situation. But fuck Haley and the rest of the coaching staff for not trusting Ben in the first place. This was part of the reason he wanted to retire last of season.
In all fairness then Ben was going to spike it anyway, basically playing for OT not going for it on 3rd.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness then Ben was going to spike it anyway, basically playing for OT not going for it on 3rd.

He probably was, but it's all water under the bridge.
Coaching all around failed this team, thus they lost.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Ben went out like that? That's biggest bitch move ever territory right there.

He softened his position later in the interview probably bc he knew had fucked up but right out of the gate he said "I wanted to clock it". The way he said it was stupid bc he acted like they had another play. Clocking it made it fourth down. Anyway, you can judge for yourself

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably was, but it's all water under the bridge.
Coaching all around failed this team, thus they lost.
Yep, even BB has made some bad decisions.
Good luck the rest of the way

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thinking grade II calf tear. It tears at the Achilles. I'm sure he'll be getting an MRI tomorrow, if not sooner.
Good thing they took him to the hospital. Quick response means faster healing.....

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He softened his position later in the interview probably bc he knew had fucked up but right out of the gate he said "I wanted to clock it". The way he said it was stupid bc he acted like they had another play. Clocking it made it fourth down. Anyway, you can judge for yourself

Yea, typical Haley Shit. Ben had a plan and Haley pulled the rub out from under him.
It's a shame, he's been in the league and on this team how long and Haley doesn't trust him enough to get the job done. But funny thing Ben had two rings and Haley don't have a pot to Piss in!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben did know that was 3rd down in a 3 point game right? Get yourself another play. WTF is he talking about?

"It wasn't a fake spike," he said. "I was yelling 'clock it' because I felt like that was the thing to do, was clock it and get yourself one play. And it came from the sideline, 'Don't clock it. Don't clock it.'

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh. I couldn't help, but laugh when at the end of the interview Ben said we're not gonna second guess anybody. Shit. No doubt there's on their 132nd guess right now. That's a tough loss to take. Kudos to New England, but it was there for Pittsburgh. I'll lighten up a little on Ben though as there were other issues like that last play call. A slant and throwing the ball basically into the defense was crazy. Call a play similar to the Bryant TD or something away from the defense where its a WR n DB one on one type deal. If its not there, throw the ball into stands and kick the FG.

Arguably though Pitts biggest boo boo was trying to cover Gronk with one man in the 2nd half. He absolutely ate them the fuck up.

And no doubt Sean Davis is on his 2000th 2nd guess of the night far as dropping the game sealing INT on NE's last drive.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might need to rewatch, and I bet I'll get a lot of heat for this comment with the stats and the GWD he had, but his throws looked a lot like a 40 YO QB tonight.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben did know that was 3rd down in a 3 point game right? Get yourself another play. WTF is he talking about?

"It wasn't a fake spike," he said. "I was yelling 'clock it' because I felt like that was the thing to do, was clock it and get yourself one play. And it came from the sideline, 'Don't clock it. Don't clock it.'
It's an obvious lie to deflect blame from himself.

Big Bitch strikes again when the chips are down.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's the problem guys. The NFL officials are not consistent AT ALL in the way they call this ball on the ground bullshit with catches. If Andre Roberts' catch tonight at the beginning of the fourth quarter was a catch, then Jesse James caught that ball.

The rule is shit, and by the rule I understand why James wasn't given credit with the catch. But, these dipshits in black and white need to figure out how to be consistent. .

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. I couldn't help, but laugh when at the end of the interview Ben said we're not gonna second guess anybody. Shit. No doubt there's on their 132nd guess right now. That's a tough loss to take. Kudos to New England, but it was there for Pittsburgh. I'll lighten up a little on Ben though as there were other issues like that last play call. A slant and throwing the ball basically into the defense was crazy. Call a play similar to the Bryant TD or something away from the defense where its a WR n DB one on one type deal. If its not there, throw the ball into stands and kick the FG.

Arguably though Pitts biggest boo boo was trying to cover Gronk with one man in the 2nd half. He absolutely ate them the fuck up.

And no doubt Sean Davis is on his 2000th 2nd guess of the night far as dropping the game sealing INT on NE's last drive.

Here's my take. They clearly called two plays in the huddle after the call was overturned. Ben hits the WR on the crossing route but the WR can't get out of bounds. At that point the second play they MUST have called was let's get in spike formation. That's the only logical play to run bc they didn't know how much they would have left. So they don't score, Ben is yelling "clock clock", the run to the formation but the sideline is telling him "run a play" bc they can see there us enough time. THATS why they say "run a play off that formation". I think Ben is being disingenuous when he says "I wanted to down it". Well if you wanted to down it that means you wanted to kick a FG to tie it. If you really wanted to do that fire the ball out of the back of the end zone and don't force the throw. I think when he INITIALLY said what he said he was trying to deflect blame. In his defense he came around in the end when there were follow up questions about the play.