• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska vs. Wisconsin

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No this is not a suicide rant for those concerned, but jesus. How in the fuck could a more painful season occur?

I hate to say this, but it's going to get worse this season unless this coaching staff miraculously gets better. Myself, I think this is a nightmare season. I predicted a 7-5 season after seeing Riley's record of SO MANY losing seasons at his previous stint, but I still was hopeful that I was wrong. There was no excuse for that bastard Eichorst hiring a coach with his coaching record, no excuse at all.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get tired of seeing other schools turnaround so fast compare to us

Michigan is already on track 3 straight shutouts..

Meanwhile were doing the wrong history lessons

Michigan and Florida are both doing WAY better than Nebraska is with first year coaches. Even though I believe both of those schools have more talent than Nebraska does, there's no excuse for Nebraska to not have at worst a 4-2 record presently. Again, we can thank Eichorst for that.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
JJM was on fire in this thread.

Eichorst is under review right now. You don't come out and say what he said the day before the game unless there is heat. Eichorst has one job to do at Nebraska; hire a winning football coach, you do that and all other doors are opened and some lesser sins are forgiven. Doors are slamming shut now. Please read my signature, which has been there since December 4, 2014.

If he is right now, it's going to get much worse for that asshole by season's end.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this shit......

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, it's karma for some shit that Bo and Carl did.

It's hard saying how many dead bodies are sitting at the bottom of Branched Oak.
If you have a free day, I can take you out on my boat for a looksey

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nebraska's passing D finishes dead last at the end of the season, we will lose 99.9% of our remaining games and Riley will have Defensive friends to fire. With a pass D this bad, the O has to click and score on most possessions. With both struggling, it is what it is.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Nebraska's passing D finishes dead last at the end of the season, we will lose 99.9% of our remaining games and Riley will have Defensive friends to fire. With a pass D this bad, the O has to click and score on most possessions. With both struggling, it is what it is.

Exactly. I also don't see a winnable game the rest of the way, and that's on the coaches.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it I think the staff is way over its head

Like the losses aren't about talent injuries...it's more about the staff not putting these players in position to win or be successful.

Stave not a qb he will never throws for 300+ again
Run defense is cute only because teams are to busy worrying about which cb to pick on. The in game management and play calling is terrible. Its like watching shawn Watson call plays.

At this point you gotta scratch your own plan and play what will work to get to bowl season. The staff is not ready for Lincoln winter with no bowl season..... I think for the first time in MR has coaching pressure and his nice persona isn't gonna save him.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This today from Dirk - Riley has lost more games in six weeks than Tom Osborne did in his final five years

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. There seems to be some feeling that you all choked, and I don't get it. We had 150 more yards and dominated the time of possession. Outside of your two long TD plays, our defense pretty much dominated. Your secondary is bad, but that isn't choking as much as it is team weaknesses.

2. I thought this was a really well-played game for the most part. There were no turnovers. I've seen a lot of harping on your three dropped picks, but two of the three were low-arching fastballs from Stave. Those aren't the type of plays defensive players can make. Our offensive guys, as you saw, struggle to catch those. There were only one play for each team that should have been a turnover, which isn't much. If we played that mistake-free last week, we beat Iowa by 17.

3. Armstrong flipped a switch in the 2nd quarter and gave a reminder of what your offense could be with a throwing QB. He was anticipating his receivers routes and getting out of jams, and it led to two quick TD drives. You guys are 6-0 if that Tommy Armstrong shows up all the time.
I can't believe Smart said something I agree with. This was my thought exactly.
4. I've been a fan of a team that loses a lot of close games. It sucks, but it also means that you have the parts to take the next step. It's encouraging in some ways. It means that if a guy like Russell Wilson or JJ Watt comes through the doors, and those losses turn to wins, you can be conference champs. It sucks now, I'm sure, but I find that more encouraging than the 30 point Pelini losses four times per year.
Damn, twice.
5. I loved Memorial Stadium for the most part. The fans were engaged and polite. It was loud. I was way up high, but the view was great. However, it has two major issues that place it below a Camp Randall Stadium or Ohio Stadium: (1.) The blasting the music before the play starts is annoying and gimmicky. That's the stuff you see in pros, and the college atmosphere is so much better.
This is common, have you ever watched college football? Music until they're on the line and then the fans need to make the noise. Shit I think it was last week that Illinois was playing it right into the play.
(2.) The student section didn't really make it's presence felt at all besides the moment you went up 21-20. There were no noticeable chants or traditions. I had a great time at the game, but those two issues really made me feel like I was at a pro stadium. Maybe your fans like that, but I prefer the college atmosphere.
Yeah you guys sing real good, cuss at each other withthe best of them and jump around like you're in a mosh pit. Why because your football sucked for so long it's the only way you could keep people inthe seats. Us we played football. If things go the way they're going we may take your advise but honestly I'd rather our football games be about,ummm football.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you guys sing real good, cuss at each other withthe best of them and jump around like you're in a mosh pit. Why because your football sucked for so long it's the only way you could keep people inthe seats. Us we played football. If things go the way they're going we may take your advise but honestly I'd rather our football games be about,ummm football.
I got to tell you about my trip to Wisconsin in August. Folks kept talking about why they (Badgers) can't seem to keep a coach around. It was more about why the coaches don't like to stay there. Now we know coaches will stay at Nebraska as long as they are permitted. Wisconsin seems to be a stepping stone job in a couple of sports- Read John Cook Head Coach at Wisc. who left there to take a job as an assistant at Nebraska. I kind of feel sorry for them - but this was the climate our AD came from so he doesn't know better - but that is one person Wisconsin can have back.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate to say it I think the staff is way over its head

Like the losses aren't about talent injuries...it's more about the staff not putting these players in position to win or be successful.

Stave not a qb he will never throws for 300+ again
Run defense is cute only because teams are to busy worrying about which cb to pick on. The in game management and play calling is terrible. Its like watching shawn Watson call plays.

At this point you gotta scratch your own plan and play what will work to get to bowl season. The staff is not ready for Lincoln winter with no bowl season..... I think for the first time in MR has coaching pressure and his nice persona isn't gonna save him.

He slipped away from his nice persona when he received a penalty from the refs. I will add though that he rightly yelled at those pukes.

Stave is an average QB, but like I said before, Banker and company made him look like a Heisman contender.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I got to tell you about my trip to Wisconsin in August. Folks kept talking about why they (Badgers) can't seem to keep a coach around. It was more about why the coaches don't like to stay there. Now we know coaches will stay at Nebraska as long as they are permitted. Wisconsin seems to be a stepping stone job in a couple of sports- Read John Cook Head Coach at Wisc. who left there to take a job as an assistant at Nebraska. I kind of feel sorry for them - but this was the climate our AD came from so he doesn't know better - but that is one person Wisconsin can have back.
Eichorst will end up just like Pederson did. He be fired in two or three years after Riley does. I will add that the only thing that will save Riley is if he throws his loyalty out the window and fires Banker and the secondary coach. Even then it may not be enough.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, that's a tough one to say. they could improve tremendously and still not get out of the last spot just because of averages. we'd need several 100yd passing games to get our average remarkably lower. at this point, if we could hold teams to 250yds I'd be happy.

seriously, i just don't see how Stewart is keeping his job after this year, these DBs look lost and he's the guy i blame. there just seems to be a lot of fundamentals missing back there and i don't understand it. I quoted Ralph Brown's tweet during the game. that guy knows how to play DB, so i don't think i'm going crazy with the way i think is the correct way to do it.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing, Harvey Perlman needs to be fired quickly and any separation package or retirement plan needs all buyout money paid out for coaches and ADs (under his watch) subtracted from money he'd otherwise receive form the University.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing, Harvey Perlman needs to be fired quickly and any separation package or retirement plan needs all buyout money paid out for coaches and ADs (under his watch) subtracted from money he'd otherwise receive form the University.

Perlman is leaving on his own (retiring). This is his last year.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has more to do with you not having an NFL team. Even a CFB dynasty would get crushed by the worst NFL team. You need a differentiator to make your game more interesting than the pros, and that is usually the atmosphere.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has more to do with you not having an NFL team. Even a CFB dynasty would get crushed by the worst NFL team. You need a differentiator to make your game more interesting than the pros, and that is usually the atmosphere.
You have pro sports teams and you also have some rather large shit hole areas - I know, I drove through them in Milwaukee a month and a half ago.
:nod:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things that I would like to touch on

1: FIRE EVERYONE