• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska vs. Wisconsin

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention you have nothing to hang your hat on when you don't make a bowl. And kids like their hats these days.

Yeah. Bowl game swag should be motivation enough.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Disney even exist anymore?

No message boards.

You can comment on their articles or something after you log in with your facebook or twitter account. That way, people can market to you via facebook hooks or twitter hooks. I don't use social media and if I did, I still wouldn't be there.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brasky --dude
we have been on this site for a ;ot of years --and the other one as well

we now that we are true Husker fans and friends as well
gee wiz sir ---eat a gallon of tater salad and some chicken mabey have a glass of milk

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No message boards.

You can comment on their articles or something after you log in with your facebook or twitter account. That way, people can market to you via facebook hooks or twitter hooks. I don't use social media and if I did, I still wouldn't be there.
Grace set her tent at the SportsHoopla right now --juuuust take a guess

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone made a vine, awesome. this just shows how close we were to winning and also the ineptitude of our RB, well at least Cross. This play looks like it's clearly designed to go to the left, Cross probably would have had a 1st down to the left, instead lets go to the backside where there is a guy to tackle me.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and another thing i've been wanting to say, Alex Lewis really stepped up in this game. he didn't have any penalties and i really don't remember TA being under much pressure from that side of the line at all.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
someone made a vine, awesome. this just shows how close we were to winning and also the ineptitude of our RB, well at least Cross. This play looks like it's clearly designed to go to the left, Cross probably would have had a 1st down to the left, instead lets go to the backside where there is a guy to tackle me.

Maybe the running back that ran for 70yds on 7 carries against Illinois {Ozigbo} would have made the first down there. I was 100% sure Ozigbo wouldn't get to play against Wisconsin. Nice going, Riley.

Cross would have gotten 3 or 4 yds minimum on that play if he was a good running back. I bet Ozigbo would have gotten yardage there.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man why did i put that in here, i can't watch that without throwing up a little, every single guy blocked their guys out to the left, Jano with an amazing block, sealing the corner and Cross goes the other freaking way.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't supposed to be a misdirection play, then Cross didn't know the play call.
He never even looks left. He's just looking forward when he gets the ball. If anything it looks like he thinks he's supposed to run between the tackles.

If it was supposed to be a misdirection play, then a WR missed their block. The defender is mano a mano.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
man why did i put that in here, i can't watch that without throwing up a little, every single guy blocked their guys out to the left, Jano with an amazing block, sealing the corner and Cross goes the other freaking way.

I hope they keep Cross on the bench the rest of the season, but seeing how this staff operates, they'll probably allow him to play bunches the rest of the way.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't supposed to be a misdirection play, then Cross didn't know the play call.
He never even looks left. He's just looking forward when he gets the ball. If anything it looks like he thinks he's supposed to run between the tackles.

If it was supposed to be a misdirection play, then a WR missed their block. The defender is mano a mano.
That guy ran onto the field late. Either way, as a RB, you need to see where there's space and find it, regardless of the play call. We've never accused Cross of having top-notch vision, though.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy ran onto the field late. Either way, as a RB, you need to see where there's space and find it, regardless of the play call. We've never accused Cross of having top-notch vision, though.

It helps when the RB is going the right direction when the ball is snapped, or know which way to go as soon as the ball is handed to him. Only if the called lane is not there should the RB not do what he's supposed to do per the play called. Judging by Cross's head and body movement it looks like he thought he was supposed to take it straight up the middle, when it was not there he bounced outside where the most open space was. Unfortunately there was an unblocked player there.

It's a simple play call that wasn't executed. Everybody was not on the same page.

Get used to it. I have a feeling you'll be seeing this for years.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It helps when the RB is going the right direction when the ball is snapped, or know which way to go as soon as the ball is handed to him. Only if the called lane is not there should the RB not do what he's supposed to do per the play called. Judging by Cross's head and body movement it looks like he thought he was supposed to take it straight up the middle, when it was not there he bounced outside where the most open space was. Unfortunately there was an unblocked player there.

It's a simple play call that wasn't executed. Everybody was not on the same page.

Get used to it. I have a feeling you'll be seeing this for years.
Agree with everything except the last part. It looked to me that everybody but Cross was on the same page, which is something that has definitely happened before. Get a back with some vision, awareness, and football intelligence and we will be okay.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agree with everything except the last part. It looked to me that everybody but Cross was on the same page, which is something that has definitely happened before. Get a back with some vision, awareness, and football intelligence and we will be okay.

Ozigbo appears to have better vision than Cross does, and the beauty of it all was he averaged 10 yards a carry against Illinois, but predictably he was on the bench against Wisky.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozigbo appears to have better vision than Cross does, and the beauty of it all was he averaged 10 yards a carry against Illinois, but predictably he was on the bench against Wisky.
It really is sad that the only thing predictable about the RB situation is the unpredictability of it all - or it is more like the randomness of the decision making on playing time and carries per game. In volleyball, the only thing you can't coach is height and in football the only thing you can't coach is stupid ~ not to be confused with stupid coaching.