• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska @ Northwestern Week 2012

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not there I don't know why he doesn't just take off running.....

It's like Beck wants Taylor to forget that he's the fastest player in college football. That is a potential TD that instead results in an INT. Every time he takes off running it's a potential TD.

Taylor thinks he's gonna be a pro style QB some day. That's why he slides most of the time.

A N/S running safety turned wanna-be pro-style QB in a zone read offense.

Good thinkin' Bo :thumb:

^^^Both of these.

Beck has that boy confused as hell, but I think that just goes with him trying so hard to be disciplined in his reads, all the while trying to get his drops right, and then you tell the guy he needs to look for running lanes?

That's a lot to ask of your quarterback.

It's time to run him 'till he breaks.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
It all goes back to decisions. Do I hand it off, keep it, throw it, pitch it, take off runnin with it, pitch it outta bounds, throw it over my shoulder? Holy shit man, there's just to much goin' on in that noggin' to be decisive. :dhd:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^Both of these.

Beck has that boy confused as hell, but I think that just goes with him trying so hard to be disciplined in his reads, all the while trying to get his drops right, and then you tell the guy he needs to look for running lanes?

That's a lot to ask of your quarterback.

It's time to run him 'till he breaks.

:nono:

Not until the bowl game.

He's the best NU's got right now without burning Armstrong's redshirt.

We are already half way thru the season, so just go into a shell (ala Zac Lee) for the remainder and maybe Armstrong can beat him out spring or fall next year.

NU needs Burkhead back to 100% healthy so they can just pound the rock over and over, secure the football, stop giving away the short field, and try to get to 8 or 9 wins. If forced to pass, only allow Taylor to throw low risk shit where it's quick release and he doesn't need a pocket. Do NOT give this mofo difficult throws.

Run, Run, Pass, Punt.

Last edited by a moderator:

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody ever remember seeing Gill, Frazier, Frost, Crouch slide?

I, for one, am glad he slides. When he doesn't, he slows and stands straight up and gets lit up and fumbles. Although I have seen him lower his shoulder once or twice this season.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, for one, am glad he slides. When he doesn't, he slows and stands straight up and gets lit up and fumbles. Although I have seen him lower his shoulder once or twice this season.

Yeah, he needs to slide. Otherwise he'll get his head taken off.

He is only a good runner when he's got a 6ft wide lane.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like we'll be one DT short for NU...

Sophomore defensive tackle Chase Rome (pictured) probably won't be able to play Saturday because of a head injury. "Chase got dinged the other day. More than likely he won't be available."

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Tribune - NU practicing against Taylor Martinez replica

Stephen Buckley is 6-feet, 180 pounds, just a bit shorter and lighter than the real thing. The freshman ran 4.48 in the 40-yard dash as a run-first quarterback in Forney, Texas, a shade slower than Martinez's reported 4.42. Both were classified in the position of "athlete" coming out of high school.

Buckley even has a funky passing motion, with teammates joking that he holds the ball like it's a pizza pie. Martinez throws it like a shot-put.

"He's an athletic guy," Buckley said of Martinez, a redshirt junior who has topped 100 rushing yards 10 times in his career. "You have to keep your eye on him."

Buckley's goal this week is lofty: "I want to give (the defense) a better look than the one Taylor's going to give them on Saturday."

Dream on scrub. And Taylor runs a sub 4.3

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Joseph said that the coaching staff didn't get very much sleep these past 2 weeks, but he feels like it was well worth it as the hard work they put in has our team in a much better place now moving forward.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be driving back from Birmingham tomorrow during game time and I won't be able to watch or even listen to the game, at this point I'm ok with that. I'm not ok however with feeling like that about my team on game day, they better pull the fucking vagina panties down, put them away in the dresser, and win this game!

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Joseph said that the coaching staff didn't get very much sleep these past 2 weeks, but he feels like it was well worth it as the hard work they put in has our team in a much better place now moving forward.

Coach Joseph seems like he doesn't suck. I hope he's right.

I'm going to be driving back from Birmingham tomorrow during game time and I won't be able to watch or even listen to the game, at this point I'm ok with that. I'm not ok however with feeling like that about my team on game day, they better pull the fucking vagina panties down, put them away in the dresser, and win this game!

I think they should burn those damn vag panties. Never to be seen again. But I'll settle for a one game reprieve.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's pathetic. Why wait until now?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
capone_northwestern.jpg

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pathetic. Why wait until now?

Like Damon said, Pelini is a young coach.......it was going to take something catastrophic to push him to the point where he swallows his pride and decides it's finally time to do something different. Ohio State happened, and Bo is finally changing some things.

It all had to start by putting in a lot of time during this bye week to figure out what changes need to be made though.

I really hope things start taking a turn for the better as I really would rather have Pelini be successful here than have him fired and try to start all over again with some other noob. I'm willing to put all of the bad games in the past if our season begins to turn around tomorrow.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is this........

We can all bitch and moan as much as we want......it's not gonna change anything. All we can do is just hope for the best, hope that Pelini finds the answers, hope that he is willing to look for the answers, hope that he is willing to realize that he doesn't have the answers currently.........just hope.

The shitty reality is that the way we see Nebraska (traditional powerhouse....greatest program in the world) is not how the rest of the country sees our program. The rest of the country sees us as a program who was really good for like 3 years, but otherwise was simply average in an easy 8 team conference the rest of the time.

Just not easy to recruit here........not easy to get a great coach here. And that's what makes this place so unique. We need a guy who doesn't really fit the mold of a typical College Football coach to come in here with his own quirky ways of getting things done, and find a way to be successful.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Damon said, Pelini is a young coach.......it was going to take something catastrophic to push him to the point where he swallows his pride and decides it's finally time to do something different. Ohio State happened, and Bo is finally changing some things.

It all had to start by putting in a lot of time during this bye week to figure out what changes need to be made though.

I really hope things start taking a turn for the better as I really would rather have Pelini be successful here than have him fired and try to start all over again with some other noob. I'm willing to put all of the bad games in the past if our season begins to turn around tomorrow.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer.

I call bullshit tho. Wisky, Michigan, and S. Carolina last season were equally as catastrophic. The same issues are prevalent now. The time to fix them was the off-season. I just don't see them getting fixed this season and it's just more lip service. Nebraska may play better tomorrow, but they'll lapse back into clusterfuck in no time. We've been here a number of times. I wonder how many more FOB Youngstown rookies are gonna get added to this staff in this next off-season?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see those games last year being as bad.........seriously. Last year we were very young, and those games did not surprise me one bit.

I still remember making a thread here about how Nebraska should probably lose to Wisconsin by about 30 points based on what we've seen and the amount of experience both teams have. It happened.........I wasn't surprised.

This year we have a lot of Juniors playing out there and they shouldn't be making the same mistakes. The Ohio State game was the worst game of Pelini's career........hands down. No other game has even been close. The blowout losses in 2008 were simply because it was 2008........his first season here.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Martinez took a beating on USC last hour.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what makes that Ohio State game so bad though is the fact that we coulda shoulda woulda been up by 3 scores about 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter..........and instead we end up going into halftime DOWN 2 scores.

That is some bullshit right there. We completely dominated the first quarter........Taylor started slipping up and making some bad decisions.........our Defense got its back against the wall and couldn't respond.........and we completely imploded.

It was the worst game by far. We could have won, and instead we got completely blown out.