• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska @ Northwestern Week 2012

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see those games last year being as bad.........seriously. Last year we were very young, and those games did not surprise me one bit.

I still remember making a thread here about how Nebraska should probably lose to Wisconsin by about 30 points based on what we've seen and the amount of experience both teams have. It happened.........I wasn't surprised.

This year we have a lot of Juniors playing out there and they shouldn't be making the same mistakes. The Ohio State game was the worst game of Pelini's career........hands down. No other game has even been close. The blowout losses in 2008 were simply because it was 2008........his first season here.

What about all the seniors out there? These guys are not developed. They don't appear to have leadership.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm jest trying to be positive, sir :smokin:

22 hours from kickoff and I don't care what happened anymore 2 weeks ago, or last year, or out at UCLA...........jest want to win tomorrow and see some improvement en sech.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it any way I can get it right now.........wins, less turnovers, positiveness, etc..

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what makes that Ohio State game so bad though is the fact that we coulda shoulda woulda been up by 3 scores about 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter..........and instead we end up going into halftime DOWN 2 scores.

That is some bullshit right there. We completely dominated the first quarter........Taylor started slipping up and making some bad decisions.........our Defense got its back against the wall and couldn't respond.........and we completely imploded.

It was the worst game by far. We could have won, and instead we got completely blown out.

The worst thing about tOSU game to me was that it was a blowout loss against a team with a first year coach. One installing his system into a team that lost 6 games last year.
A blowout loss to a team with another mobile QB that wasn't surrounded by a vast amount of playmakers.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we can easily beat Ohio State.........that's what's upsetting to me. We can absolutely beat UCLA as well. It's damn depressing to think about....

But I cannot say the same thing last year about the teams that we got blown out by. Those were all games I felt like we seriously were just outclassed all the way around.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it though... There was some truth to what irule was saying.

Bad teams turn the ball over. That is just a fact.

When you're bad, you're more turnover prone. Alabama just doesn't put themselves in situations where they are very likely to put the ball on the ground. Their RB's have nice big safe holes with big talented guards running downfield in front of them. Their TE's and outside receivers are wide open on PA.

We have a QB who is scrambling away from a relentless pass rush half the time and RB's who are frantically trying to make people miss in the backfield just to get past the LOS.

We have a QB who seldom leads his receivers and when they do actually get the ball they feel like its the only time all game they will so they try too hard to make a play.

We run the option a couple times a game and don't practice it enough to have a safe pitch relationship where Taylor doesn't even have to think about it. Every other game we have an option play where the ball goes on the turf because of an errant pitch from Taylor and Rex has to race back to grab it 10 yards behind the LOS.

All this means turnovers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37 fumbles in 3 seasons.

Given up 66 points off of turnovers so far.

Season high was 98 in Bo's first year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37 fumbles in 3 seasons.

Given up 66 points off of turnovers so far.

Season high was 98 in Bo's first year.

37 Fumbles in 2 1/2 seasons actually.

Don't forget NU doesn't run a good screen either. Don't know that I've ever seen a well executed screen out of Martinez

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37 Fumbles in 2 1/2 seasons actually.

Don't forget NU doesn't run a good screen either. Don't know that I've ever seen a well executed screen out of Martinez

Which is kind of baffling when you think about it.

Screen game should be a huge weapon w/ our scat backs, speedy slot guys, quick guards and excellent perimeter blocking.

Oregon runs the screen game to perfection.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Martinez took a beating on USC last hour.

The white feller who's name escapes me opposite of Mike'l frequently gets called out on his non existent CFB knowledge and he always tries to lie or make up some lame excuse for why he has no idea what the hell he's talking about.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no gimme that's for sure, but we are so much bigger and faster.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thee talent level is not even close.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Thee talent level is not even close.

Agreed, but if the development isn't there, we're fucked.

It's going to interesting to see how the Huskers respond to the debacle left behind last time out.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Mighty Huskers :L

Northwestern is a well coached disciplined team. The only thing we got going for us is we are coming off a bye week and maybe just maybe this last ass kicking got these kids (and the coaches) attention.

I think we may come out and play a good game but that still won't address teh ongoing problems Pelini teams have. Unfortunately there are no mighty Huskers anymore.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but if the development isn't there, we're fucked.

It's going to interesting to see how the Huskers respond to the debacle left behind last time out.

^^^^^^^This

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like I said before, if both Nebraska and OSU swapped coaching staffs, but the players stayed the same on both teams, Nebraska would have beaten OSU! I have absolutely no doubt about this!

Nothwestern 33 Nebraska 30. Maybe I'll give our team luck by predicting a loss for them!

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell, talent out trumps coaching every time. How hard do you really think Mac brown had to coach with VY at the helm or any other of his years at Texas? Hardly at all he has been down in recent years but when you have to replace how many NFL draft picks every year its going to catch up with you. But even so the talent jar is not empty at tejas.