• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Plan For the Lakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davwy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL LBJ WILL NOT PLAY WITH MELO!!!!

Melo is a very selfish player who does not play D. LBJ knows this and it is why he was probably not considered for a big 3.

I have no idea where LBJ will be in 2014-15 season but if the Lakers have Kobe it will not be there. If they have Dwight I think the chances are just as low. Dwight has made fun of Lebron publicly several times back when Dwight was relevant.

The CBA does present several problems for the big 3 but something you have not counted on is the possibility they take pay cuts again to keep the team together. I honestly see that more likely than LBJ in a Laker uni.

2014-15:

Heat
Cleveland
Meloless Knicks
Brooklyn
LAL

The reason Cleveland is higher on this list is because they will have a team in place that could be ready to win just needing an LBJ. LA will have Dwight and that is it, or Dwight minus Kobe (meaning the negative effect Kobe will have on the team). Brooklyn can make moves and they pieces they can spin into a good team around LBJ. Everyone loves playing in the garden, except when Melo is on your team.

I'm not a Lebron Fan, but I think you guys miss the point with Lebron not willing to play with Kobe or Melo. Lebron gets criticized from being too unselfish a player. One of his faults may be that he gives up the ball too much. That's not a problem if there are other guys can deliver or aren't afraid to shoot under any circumstance. Kobe and Melo are two of those guys. Those are also two guys he would never be criticized for when passing the ball off to them.

Usually the problem with superstar playing together is the selfishness of the stars playing with each other and there being only one ball. The reason why the Boston 3 worked so well is they adjusted to their new roles quickly. And because they were all completely different types of players whose on court position (their literal positions) didn't clash, they easily co-existed. Miami had growing pains from the beginning with Wade and Lebron and Wade's inconsistent play because of injuries. It was hard to tell when Wade would show up, which would means Lebron sometimes had to guess. And Bosh having to adjust depending on the size of the other big men on the team. Remember, sometimes Bosh played the 5 while Lebron was at the 4.

Kobe clearly doesn't clash Lebron at both ends of the court. Melo and Lebron would have to decide where they play on the defensive end, but if Melo is taking a bigger part of the offensive assignment, that would allow Lebron to take a bigger part of the defensive match-up.

And remember, these guys have played together. I'm not talking about the exhibition of all-star games, but together on Olympic teams where they had to function as a team. And they all played well together.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kobe leaves LA, but I never said Kobe wouldn't play second fiddle. I think if he wants another ring anywhere, he will have to. Especially coming off of this injury.

And to Jay,
Next summer, the Cavs aren't letting Irving go anywhere next summer. Also, Nash can't be amnestied since he was signed after the new CBA started.

I agree, they will not let Irving go anywhere. I was trying to piece together a best case scenario. I also agree with you about the free agent class not being that good other than LBJ. That being said, im not excited about the Lakers having flexibility unless their is a real possibility of replacing Bryant with James

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Lebron Fan, but I think you guys miss the point with Lebron not willing to play with Kobe or Melo. Lebron gets criticized from being too unselfish a player. One of his faults may be that he gives up the ball too much. That's not a problem if there are other guys can deliver or aren't afraid to shoot under any circumstance. Kobe and Melo are two of those guys. Those are also two guys he would never be criticized for when passing the ball off to them.

Usually the problem with superstar playing together is the selfishness of the stars playing with each other and there being only one ball. The reason why the Boston 3 worked so well is they adjusted to their new roles quickly. And because they were all completely different types of players whose on court position (their literal positions) didn't clash, they easily co-existed. Miami had growing pains from the beginning with Wade and Lebron and Wade's inconsistent play because of injuries. It was hard to tell when Wade would show up, which would means Lebron sometimes had to guess. And Bosh having to adjust depending on the size of the other big men on the team. Remember, sometimes Bosh played the 5 while Lebron was at the 4.

Kobe clearly doesn't clash Lebron at both ends of the court. Melo and Lebron would have to decide where they play on the defensive end, but if Melo is taking a bigger part of the offensive assignment, that would allow Lebron to take a bigger part of the defensive match-up.

And remember, these guys have played together. I'm not talking about the exhibition of all-star games, but together on Olympic teams where they had to function as a team. And they all played well together.

If you want to make a case to say that James might want to play with Howard, I will listen.
But to try to convince someone that James would want to leave the Heat because his best friend Wade is aging and say that he would go play with Kobe instead is a joke.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@davwy

They played well together because the olympics are a lot like a world wide allstar game tour except they don't tour.

I can assure you, there is a very long list of D leaguers LBJ would rather play with than Old Man Kobe and why doesn't my controller have a pass button Melo.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a plan for the Lakers:

STOP TALKING ABOUT THEM!!!

For Christ's sake they won 45 games last year. People hype them up as if they're the ones that just lost to the Heat in the Finals!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For Christ's sake they won 45 games last year. People hype them up as if they're the ones that just lost to the Heat in the Finals!
You cant have a disaster of the magnitude the Lakers experienced and expect people to just pretend it didnt happen. Its always going to be interesting conversation because of the expectations. If no one picked them to make some noise then it would have been more like the year after Shaq left.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word fuck the Lakers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant have a disaster of the magnitude the Lakers experienced and expect people to just pretend it didnt happen. Its always going to be interesting conversation because of the expectations. If no one picked them to make some noise then it would have been more like the year after Shaq left.

Like it or not, the Lakers will ALWAYS be talked about!! They will always be talked about because of the numbers of championships, playoff teams and great players.

Since 2000, the Lakers have played in over 1/2 of the finals series that have been played (7) and won 5. They have missed the playoffs once in that time.

Because of this, when the Lakers are in the hunt and contending, they will be talked about and the dialogue is "Who can beat the Lakers?"

When coming off a season like last season and an off-season of uncertainty like this one, then the dialogue becomes "What's wrong with that Lakers?" and/or "How do they fix it?"

Either way, like it or not, the Lakers will be talked about!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we end the Laker past history lectures here now!

What a year ago you thought couldn't happen to you just did.

All we will hear now from most of you is that's is ok and you really didn't want him.

That's total bullshit because he just set you chances of winning back more then likely multiple years.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TurnUp, time will quiet Trojan down. The Lakers have only one hope now, and that is that Lebron will come to LA. Al the others are locked up.

These LA posters need to look at the 1995 Celtics, and see what the GM did in those days. We thought Boston would always be able to get the best players.....................but we had no assets, no picks and a bunch of overpaid old vets...........

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TurnUp, time will quiet Trojan down. The Lakers have only one hope now, and that is that Lebron will come to LA. Al the others are locked up.

These LA posters need to look at the 1995 Celtics, and see what the GM did in those days. We thought Boston would always be able to get the best players.....................but we had no assets, no picks and a bunch of overpaid old vets...........

Clearly, both you and turnip didn't understand the point of my post to montsho, but hey, it's a public forum so feel free to comment anyway!!

As for the Lakers only hope being signing Lebron in 2014, where do you get that from? First off, I doubt the Lakers get Lebron. I think that Lebron finishes his career in Miami. And second, what free agents for 2014 "are all locked up"? How can they be "locked up" when they aren't free agents yet and therefore aren't yet signed beyond next season?

As for the '95 Celtics. After next season the Lakers are slated to have one player under contract (Steve Nash at approx. $7 million), that's a lot of money to play with. Also, if they can't get who they want next summer, they'll get who they can and then look to complete the process in 2015 (or are those free agents "locked up" too?)!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers have a better chance of getting Melo

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAKERS ARE DONE...PERIOD...

LAKERS WILL NOW REBUILD WITH WASHED UP KOBE BRYANT and STEVE NASH -40 YEARS OLD..::lol::lol::lol:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, you do know how many franchise changing free agents actually make it to Free Agency right?

Sure, you will get some good players, but no one to build a franchise with, and the point is, you now need to build from the ground up with Howard snubbing LA

There was a reason LA begged him to stay.................Mitch has nothing left to deal

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAKER DYNASTY IS DEAD..PERIOD..OVER..

All we will hear now from most of you is that's is ok and you really didn't want him.

That's total bullshit because he just set you chances of winning back more then likely multiple years.

LAKERS WILL NOW REBUILD WITH WASHED UP KOBE BRYANT and STEVE NASH -40 YEARS OLD..:lol::lol::lol:

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAKERS ARE TERMINATED .

:10::10::lol::lol::lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, both you and turnip didn't understand the point of my post to montsho, but hey, it's a public forum so feel free to comment anyway!!

As for the Lakers only hope being signing Lebron in 2014, where do you get that from? First off, I doubt the Lakers get Lebron. I think that Lebron finishes his career in Miami. And second, what free agents for 2014 "are all locked up"? How can they be "locked up" when they aren't free agents yet and therefore aren't yet signed beyond next season?

As for the '95 Celtics. After next season the Lakers are slated to have one player under contract (Steve Nash at approx. $7 million), that's a lot of money to play with. Also, if they can't get who they want next summer, they'll get who they can and then look to complete the process in 2015 (or are those free agents "locked up" too?)!!

If you want to tell me that if the Lakers get James that they will be fine. I would agree. End if discussion.

If you are banking on any other FA next year to get you back to even where you should have been last season, I think you are mistaking.

The FA class next year, other then Heat players is weak.

Carmelo and Kobe on the same team. I would love to watch the games, but it wouldnt put you anywhere near contending IMO.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got your point TF12. Lakers will always be discussed because they are one of the storied franchises. The only thing that I can see changing that is a protracted stay in mediocrity. I don't see that happening. As soon as Kobe hangs them up Lakers will have their pick of the leagues FA's. Lakers will be down 2-3 years at most.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to tell me that if the Lakers get James that they will be fine. I would agree. End if discussion.

If you are banking on any other FA next year to get you back to even where you should have been last season, I think you are mistaking.

The FA class next year, other then Heat players is weak.

Carmelo and Kobe on the same team. I would love to watch the games, but it wouldnt put you anywhere near contending IMO.

Even if the Lakers get Lebron, I still think it will be 2015 before they contend again!! One guy doesn't fix everything, even if he is the best player in the game.

As I have said, they will go into next off-season with a ton of money available. If they can't get the player(s) they want. They'll get what they can to start the process (maybe solid role players, but no max players) and then look to complete the process in 2015!!

Point is, with the Lakers being a "destination franchise" and having lots of money available, I seriously doubt that we are looking at a 5+ year re-building process like many folks are trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.