• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Plan For the Lakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Attempt a sign and trade with Dwight. I know that will be difficult now, but doable. If he is between a couple teams and he would agree to a sign and trade - simply pack him off to one of them for a lousy first round pick. It's something. And you save cap space.

2) Sign Andrew Bynum. Lol. Yep, why not? He'll be cheaper than Dwight and easily just as good when healthy. We won 2 titles with Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum. Sixers will hate our guts, but oh well.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the flaw in your plan is that you are getting rid of a more motivated big to sign a huge question mark.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers signed me as President of Basketball Operations, we'd be a contender again in '14.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but if Dwight walks, the only way this team is getting back to contention soon is to hit the reset button and load up for 2014. Signing Bynum would only slow the rebuilding process.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but if Dwight walks, the only way this team is getting back to contention soon is to hit the reset button and load up for 2014. Signing Bynum would only slow the rebuilding process.

Dwight is NOT the answer. If they mortgage the future of the team on Dwight, it will cost us the franchise for half a decade. The Lakers are playing this all wrong and admitted defeat when they courted Dwight in the first place. The attitude should have been "Fuck you, we're the Lakers and we can pay you $30M more than anyone else. Get on your hands and knees and beg, motherfucker."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight is NOT the answer. If they mortgage the future of the team on Dwight, it will cost us the franchise for half a decade. The Lakers are playing this all wrong and admitted defeat when they courted Dwight in the first place. The attitude should have been "Fuck you, we're the Lakers and we can pay you $30M more than anyone else. Get on your hands and knees and beg, motherfucker."

Don't hold back Hammer. Tell us how you really feel about Dwight.

Would you hit the reset button all together and try to move contracts for next year, or would have a different plan? Clearly Dwight is not in yours. :yahoo:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers signed me as President of Basketball Operations, we'd be a contender again in '14.

I'll ask again, since it wasn't you who I asked before.

Assuming 2 things. Kobe stays a Laker and James doesn't become one, please tell me how the Lakers could possibly contend in 2014?

Lets assume the salary cap is an estimated 75M.

Nash is 10M
Kobe is X? M 7-10?

Nobody else is signed, so you can't go over 75M unless it is players for the veteran minimum like the Heat did in year 1 of the Big 3.

That leaves you 55-58 to fill out the roster.

Now, look at the FA pool of 2014 minus James.

Who are you signing?
What you have is actually a fairly weak FA class which will lead to players being overpaid.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If D12 doesn't sign, we'll see what Mitch's Plan B will be....then all bets are off and likely looking at the FA market next year. This team will not stand pat no matter and do what it takes to have at least one superstar moving forward to build around. Their TWC deal will afford them to go over the cap since they've got a $2 billion deal in their pockets next 20 years.

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Plan For the Lakers.

Lebron in 2014!!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a bad case of Laker privilege. Howard is the best center currently in the NBA. No ifs ands or buts about it. Lakers better:

1. Sign Howard
2. Have a sit down with Kobe about giving up control and attempt to determine his timetable for retirement.

If those 2 things dont happen the Lakers will be in a recession for a few years.

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebrons not playing with Kobe unless he feels sorry for him.

You don't think Kobe will have found his way to Chicago by then?

This Lakers team doesn't seem like it can compete...And we all know how Kobe doesn't like to play for a loser...

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think Kobe will have found his way to Chicago by then?

This Lakers team doesn't seem like it can compete...And we all know how Kobe doesn't like to play for a loser...
I doubt Kobe could stand walking by MJ's statue everyday. It would just enrage him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebrons not playing with Kobe unless he feels sorry for him.

I don't see either scenario happening, bit IMO there is a bigger chance of Kobe playing with James in Miami then there is of James going to LA.

If the Lakers are in mediocre/rebuilt and Kobe wants to chase #6, it might be his best opportunity to say, maybe take over Ray Allens role.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Are you trying to give turnup a heart attack?

It's not about heart attacks. Its more about looking at the big picture and trying to view it realistically.
James came to Miami to win, and so far he is 46/48 possible wins. No guarantees, for anything, but as of today, the Heat are huge favorites to win again.

So, unless something drastically changes, I can't picture him leaving.
If something happens during the season to make me feel different about it ,I would say so.

I don't blame you guys for hoping. Who wouldn't?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a bad case of Laker privilege. Howard is the best center currently in the NBA. No ifs ands or buts about it. Lakers better:

1. Sign Howard
2. Have a sit down with Kobe about giving up control and attempt to determine his timetable for retirement.

If those 2 things dont happen the Lakers will be in a recession for a few years.

While I disagree with your last point because of the money that the Lakers will have available in 2014, I do agree with the 2 bolded points. Kobe is said to be part of the contingent that will meet with Dwight today!!

I would hope that, given Kobe's age, at least part of the conversation would involve moving from a "Kobe-centric" team to a "Dwight-centric" team. I sure would love to be a fly on the wall during that meeting!!

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It could be worse..

You all could be Wizards fans hoping that John Wall accepts a max offer...:hope:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I disagree with your last point because of the money that the Lakers will have available in 2014, I do agree with the 2 bolded points. Kobe is said to be part of the contingent that will meet with Dwight today!!

I would hope that, given Kobe's age, at least part of the conversation would involve moving from a "Kobe-centric" team to a "Dwight-centric" team. I sure would love to be a fly on the wall during that meeting!!
I agree about the money. I should have included however, that no big time FA will come there willingly with Kobe still running the show. I too would give anything to see this meeting go down! I cant imagine the look on Kobes face if he has to say the team will be Howards!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about heart attacks. Its more about looking at the big picture and trying to view it realistically.
James came to Miami to win, and so far he is 46/48 possible wins. No guarantees, for anything, but as of today, the Heat are huge favorites to win again.

So, unless something drastically changes, I can't picture him leaving.
If something happens during the season to make me feel different about it ,I would say so.

As I have said, I believe he will finish his career in Miami. However, as we have seen, when it comes to opportunities to win titles, things can change quickly. There was a time when he was never leaving Cleveland. Then it became apparent that he wasn't likely to win a title there, so he went to Miami.

If things change in Miami to where he feels that he will be unlikely to win more titles, he'll move on. It's just how it is. Kobe would have left the Lakers if they hadn't convinced him that they would win more titles and then made the moves to make it happen.

Lebron is about his legacy now and that's not a slam because he wants his legacy to be about championships, just like Magic's, MJ's, Kobe's, etc. and in the end, he is going to go with whatever gives him the best opportunity to add more titles!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.