• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Plan For the Lakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the money. I should have included however, that no big time FA will come there willingly with Kobe still running the show. I too would give anything to see this meeting go down! I cant imagine the look on Kobes face if he has to say the team will be Howards!

I'm sure that it will be a bitter pill for him to swallow and I can't blame him. Kobe has an enormous ego (who doesn't that is that good?) but he's also pretty smart and wants rings. One would think that given his age and the injury that he is trying to come back from, that he would be able to swallow a little pride if he believes that Dwight staying provides the best opportunity to get another ring or 2 before he retires.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that it will be a bitter pill for him to swallow and I can't blame him. Kobe has an enormous ego (who doesn't that is that good?) but he's also pretty smart and wants rings. One would think that given his age and the injury that he is trying to come back from, that he would be able to swallow a little pride if he believes that Dwight staying provides the best opportunity to get another ring or 2 before he retires.
It would also be interesting to see Howards face and body language during the meeting. My favorite sport is watching people interact! I keep hoping Kobe will find a way to become a better teammate. It probably is very difficult to have a my way or the highway attitude then get hurt. Maybe you are right about Kobe seeing that the end may be near and adjusting his attitude accordingly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would also be interesting to see Howards face and body language during the meeting. My favorite sport is watching people interact! I keep hoping Kobe will find a way to become a better teammate. It probably is very difficult to have a my way or the highway attitude then get hurt. Maybe you are right about Kobe seeing that the end may be near and adjusting his attitude accordingly.

Yeah, as with most things involving the Lakers, it will come down to Kobe!! I know that he realizes that the he is much closer to the end of his career than he is the start because he has said as much. He even said that the previous off-season was the first in his career where he actually questioned whether or not he really wanted to put himself through his usual off-season workouts!!

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has, for the most part, changed in the last few years. He has on multiple occasions, when prompted about his remaining playing days, said that he/team needs Dwight to carry on the team's legacy, that it will be his team, and with this injury it will only accelerate that process -- if D12 signs.

I fimly believe that he will defer as his type of injury won't allow him to be what he was. With that said D12, if he signs, would have to show he's willing to carry the mantle. Notwithstanding his recovery, if he's 100% there are no excuses to do so. If he doesn't have the thick skin to play in a market like LA and teams' heritage, then go do it in Houston, Dallas, etc where those markets won't be as daunting in being under the microscope and carry on the rich tradition of former Lakers bigs.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan for the Lakers: Continue to suck for the next 30 years. After all, Buss has ruined the franchise poimanently. Word.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have said, I believe he will finish his career in Miami. However, as we have seen, when it comes to opportunities to win titles, things can change quickly. There was a time when he was never leaving Cleveland. Then it became apparent that he wasn't likely to win a title there, so he went to Miami.

If things change in Miami to where he feels that he will be unlikely to win more titles, he'll move on. It's just how it is. Kobe would have left the Lakers if they hadn't convinced him that they would win more titles and then made the moves to make it happen.

Lebron is about his legacy now and that's not a slam because he wants his legacy to be about championships, just like Magic's, MJ's, Kobe's, etc. and in the end, he is going to go with whatever gives him the best opportunity to add more titles!!

So you believe that he will finish his career in Miami but want to jump on my case because I don't see him leaving in 12 months?:wtf2:

Anyway, Im still waiting for someone to play GM with a 75M cap and turn the Lakers into contenders next year.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has, for the most part, changed in the last few years. He has on multiple occasions, when prompted about his remaining playing days, said that he/team needs Dwight to carry on the team's legacy, that it will be his team, and with this injury it will only accelerate that process -- if D12 signs.

I fimly believe that he will defer as his type of injury won't allow him to be what he was. With that said D12, if he signs, would have to show he's willing to carry the mantle. Notwithstanding his recovery, if he's 100% there are no excuses to do so. If he doesn't have the thick skin to play in a market like LA and teams' heritage, then go do it in Houston, Dallas, etc where those markets won't be as daunting in being under the microscope and carry on the rich tradition of former Lakers bigs.
Kobe seems to have a good handle on what the Lakers should say to Howard. He is not going to do any begging which will mess with Howards head. Kobe correctly believes that if Howard has to be convinced then he will become a problem later on down the road when/if adversity hits.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe that he will finish his career in Miami but want to jump on my case because I don't see him leaving in 12 months?:wtf2:

Anyway, Im still waiting for someone to play GM with a 75M cap and turn the Lakers into contenders next year.

No, I'm "jumping on your case" because you keep trying to remove Lebron from free agency discussions. In at least 2 posts you have said "remove James from the FA"!!

Lebron will not only be a free agent next summer, he will be the most highly sought after free agent next summer. Unless he does what CP3 just did and tells everyone on the first day that he can to not bother trying, there will be many teams trying to entice him to sign with them and the Lakers may very well be one of those teams.

You want to assume that the Lakers will re-sign Kobe and then you want to turn around and try to remove Lebron from FA conversations!!

Under normal circumstances, the Lakers would likely re-sign Kobe at something close to a max contract just out of loyalty for the 5 championships that the Lakers have won with him on the team. But the new CBA may make them more willing to let him walk and sign someone younger and better to re-build around or add to Dwight (assuming Dwight re-signs). Whether that is Lebron or not, remains to be seen.

You don't know what is going to happen any more than I do!! One thing that I think we can both agree on is that next summer is going to be veeeerrry interesting!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"My plan for the Lakers".... Drop dead...

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dwight leaves the Lakers. I think the Lakers should just tank the season for Andrew Wiggins
Or did the fucktard Lakers trade that 1st round pick already?

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan for the Lakers: Continue to suck for the next 30 years. After all, Buss has ruined the franchise poimanently. Word.

Much like my plan for the Celtics. Though they've already established their one title in almost 30 years but who's to say they won't repeat same feat, LOL

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dwight leaves the Lakers. I think the Lakers should just tank the season for Andrew Wiggins

Lakers don't build through drafts -- you should know that fucktard

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm "jumping on your case" because you keep trying to remove Lebron from free agency discussions. In at least 2 posts you have said "remove James from the FA"!!

Lebron will not only be a free agent next summer, he will be the most highly sought after free agent next summer. Unless he does what CP3 just did and tells everyone on the first day that he can to not bother trying, there will be many teams trying to entice him to sign with them and the Lakers may very well be one of those teams.

You want to assume that the Lakers will re-sign Kobe and then you want to turn around and try to remove Lebron from FA conversations!!

Under normal circumstances, the Lakers would likely re-sign Kobe at something close to a max contract just out of loyalty for the 5 championships that the Lakers have won with him on the team. But the new CBA may make them more willing to let him walk and sign someone younger and better to re-build around or add to Dwight (assuming Dwight re-signs). Whether that is Lebron or not, remains to be seen.

You don't know what is going to happen any more than I do!! One thing that I think we can both agree on is that next summer is going to be veeeerrry interesting!!

For the sake of THIS discussion, he has to be removed. As of today we both agree that James leaving Miami is a longshot, correct.

So it goes back to what I said before that you did jump on me about.

I say that regardless of what cap space you have next season, IF James doesn't take 20M of it or whatever he would earn, you wont be a contender or even on the framework of being one for at least a few more seasons.

That has been my point all along.

IF James joins the Lakers, however the roster is filled out, you would definitely become a player.

As far as Kobe, I included him on your roster because it just seems to be the right thing to do.

I did also say though that IF the Lakers are average/mediocre with not much hopes in the off season that it isn't that far fetched to see him want to leave, and IF he did want to leave, why not Miami?

If we knew what was going to happen, we wouldn't need sports threads and discussion, would we?

Nothing I said was in any way mean spirited or hate related. Was it?

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or sure cause years ago the Lakers sucked off the right magic fairy and pop! Came out magic Johnson out of no where. Then Kareem gave birth to James worthy ... and that's how the show time Lakers were created.. not by the draft right fucktard?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Technically we would say Kobe came through the draft? He never played a game with anybody else to date? :D but traditionally no, they seem to be very good at poaching (negative sounding but positively meant) talent. You could even say they poached Kobe.

Also you are quoting people wrong. There is a button where you can quote their posts which will show who said it and with grey shadow so reading your version of a quoted post is not so confusing.

You can even select multiple posts to quote all of them in one post.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I disagree with your last point because of the money that the Lakers will have available in 2014, I do agree with the 2 bolded points. Kobe is said to be part of the contingent that will meet with Dwight today!!

I would hope that, given Kobe's age, at least part of the conversation would involve moving from a "Kobe-centric" team to a "Dwight-centric" team. I sure would love to be a fly on the wall during that meeting!!

Wow, that if that is what happens in those meetings then that would be a huge blow to any texas team.

Also props to Kobe if that is what happens.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately for the Lakers I don't believe they have a 1st round pick available for next years draft because of the Nash trade. It comes from my understanding that said pick isn't even lottery protected. Help me out if I'm incorrect Lakers fans.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing GM with 75m

I amnesty Nash if I dont use it on MWP this year.

attempt to sign

D. cousins 12 mil.
k. faried 8 mil.
P. George 12 .mil.
K. Bryant 15 mil.
k. Irving 12 mil

totaling 59 mil. leaving 16 mil. to fill in the roster. If Bryant wont accept less than 20 mil., I would let him walk and attempt to lure Klay thompson with 9 mil. per, raising the total to 22 mil. to fill in the roster.
When you look at the 2014 there is nothing to be excited about and i think this is the best I could do without adding James to the mix.

JackGorfin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers cant resign Bynum as they are over the cap, and as a Laker fan I DO hope Howard leaves, the guy sucks, doesnt play hard unless you baby him, cant take the pressure of LA, cant hit free throws ever, has no offensive game, and isnt worth a max contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.