• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Plan For the Lakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if you are a robot??? do you ever say anything that doesnt make you appear to be a special kind of stupid? smileys are cool bro but do you ever want to add anything to a discussion???

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, the Lakers never tried to sign any of those players. When they were up for free agency, the Lakers already had their core intact.
How do you know that? Plenty of feelers go out to players agents without the public knowing anything about it. Are you saying the Lakers did not do their due diligence and at least inquire?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know that? Plenty of feelers go out to players agents without the public knowing anything about it. Are you saying the Lakers did not do their due diligence and at least inquire?

No, the Lakers weren't in position to go after any of those players. If they had expressed, even the slightest interest, it would have been all over the radio out here. There wasn't even anyone making crap up about it.

Also, when Miami's big 3 were signed, the Lakers were just coming off of the 2nd of their back to back championships and were keeping that team intact!!

I'm not saying that the Lakers wouldn't have made an attempt to sign any of those guys if they had been in position to do so, but the timing was off!!

At best, the Lakers may have inquired about a sign and trade for Lebron, but there was never any pursuit of him or any of the others that you mentioned.

You tried to make it sound like the Lakers actually pursued them and were rejected which was not the case.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the Lakers weren't in position to go after any of those players. If they had expressed, even the slightest interest, it would have been all over the radio out here. There wasn't even anyone making crap up about it.

Also, when Miami's big 3 were signed, the Lakers were just coming off of the 2nd of their back to back championships and were keeping that team intact!!

I'm not saying that the Lakers wouldn't have made an attempt to sign any of those guys if they had been in position to do so, but the timing was off!!

At best, the Lakers may have inquired about a sign and trade for Lebron, but there was never any pursuit of him or any of the others that you mentioned.

You tried to make it sound like the Lakers actually pursued them and were rejected which was not the case.
I think that speaks to my point. The Lakers are always in position to go after an FA if that FA expresses and interest. No FA expressed interest. I also have to disagree with you thinking it would be all over the radio. Plenty of moves are made without the public or the media getting wind of it until they want them to. Of course you are not going to publicise getting turned down because you dont want your current players and the public upset. If you know someone connected to the industry dont take my word for it ask an agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.