• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Plan For the Lakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got your point TF12. Lakers will always be discussed because they are one of the storied franchises. The only thing that I can see changing that is a protracted stay in mediocrity. I don't see that happening. As soon as Kobe hangs them up Lakers will have their pick of the leagues FA's. Lakers will be down 2-3 years at most.

:agree: What I've been saying all along and why, as a Laker fan, I'm not real worried!! Just wish they could have pulled it together to get that Kobe/Lebron finals matchup before Kobe retires!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carmelo and Kobe on the same team. I would love to watch the games, but it wouldnt put you anywhere near contending IMO.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

That would never happen. Theres no way those two co-exist on the same team. They are better off on different teams admiring each other from afar.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: What I've been saying all along and why, as a Laker fan, I'm not real worried!! Just wish they could have pulled it together to get that Kobe/Lebron finals matchup before Kobe retires!!
Me too. I feel cheated now knowing they will never go head to head in the Finals.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

That would never happen. Theres no way those two co-exist on the same team. They are better off on different teams admiring each other from afar.

Unless there's a rule change that allows 2 basketballs on the court at the same time, I agree, Kobe/Melo would not work!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I feel cheated now knowing they will never go head to head in the Finals.

Could you imagine the t.v. rating for that? Probably set all kinds of records!!

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, as Stephen A Smith just stated, to todays players, the Lakers are not a destiny franchise with Buss and Mitch show.

It aint just about money. Clippers are the desired placed in LA

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, as Stephen A Smith just stated, to todays players, the Lakers are not a destiny franchise with Buss and Mitch show.

It aint just about money. Clippers are the desired placed in LA
i have to disagree a bit here. Clippers still leave a bad taste in anyones mouth who is over 30. They have no history of even being a winning program. Now there may be a few that feel they can turn that around but they are always upended by Mr Sterling. I keep telling people that Kobe is the Lakers main problem. N o other big time player has wanted to play with the guy. I dont know why thats not apparent. Players are conscious of winning franchises. Thats why they feel honored when they go to Boston or Lakers unless its a serious rebuild season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logicman. Then logically, if "today's players" don't view the Lakers as a destiny franchise, then the Lakers will be forced to go back to their roots and begin to get the talented players from the draft.

That means numbnuts Short Buss is going to have to re-tool his scouting department that he trashed when he took over and he is going to have to hire the people that know basketball to find the talent he is going to need along with a good coach.

If stupid does not do that, then he will run the franchise into the ground and the Clip joint will be the team of the Staples center in the future. It is that simple.

Davwy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to make a case to say that James might want to play with Howard, I will listen.
But to try to convince someone that James would want to leave the Heat because his best friend Wade is aging and say that he would go play with Kobe instead is a joke.

Turnup, you seem to be having a hard time comprehending what I wrote. I'm not trying to convince you Lebron wants to leave Wade and play with Kobe. I'm saying the reason that's being argued on why Lebron would not want to play with Kobe or Melo doesn't hold up. Lebron may not want to play with Kobe or Melo, but I dont think he believes its because they would hog the ball.

Davwy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@davwy

They played well together because the olympics are a lot like a world wide allstar game tour except they don't tour.

I can assure you, there is a very long list of D leaguers LBJ would rather play with than Old Man Kobe and why doesn't my controller have a pass button Melo.

The Olympics basketball games or not all-star games in the sense where they are played like exhibition games, with no real practice and it doesn't matter who wins. Exhibition all-star games are played like pick-up games. Olympic basketball isn't. Many of the games are competitive in the later rounds, the teams practice for and extended period of of and coach K has had a clear strategy about how and when to use players. The only similarity to all-star games the the Olympics has is that many of the players on the team are also all-stars. But they don't play it like an exhibition game, which an allstar game is.

Davwy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have to disagree a bit here. Clippers still leave a bad taste in anyones mouth who is over 30. They have no history of even being a winning program. Now there may be a few that feel they can turn that around but they are always upended by Mr Sterling. I keep telling people that Kobe is the Lakers main problem. N o other big time player has wanted to play with the guy. I dont know why thats not apparent. Players are conscious of winning franchises. Thats why they feel honored when they go to Boston or Lakers unless its a serious rebuild season.

I don't agree with you on the no other big time player has wanted to play with Kobe. History doesn't dictate that, mostly because the Lakers have not been in a position with salary to get a big time player. There have only been two opportunities: The Chris Paul trade, which Paul did not object to, and Dwight Howard, which just, and you've had your opinion before that and it probably has more to do with D'Antoni than Kobe. Who are the big time players that you talk of that turned their backs on the Kobe?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't agree with you on the no other big time player has wanted to play with Kobe. History doesn't dictate that, mostly because the Lakers have not been in a position with salary to get a big time player. There have only been two opportunities: The Chris Paul trade, which Paul did not object to, and Dwight Howard, which just, and you've had your opinion before that and it probably has more to do with D'Antoni than Kobe. Who are the big time players that you talk of that turned their backs on the Kobe?

Shaq and Howard for starters......I don't want to think so much since it is the weekend.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are always in a position to get a big time player. Thats what they do in spite of the salary cap as many Laker fans have bragged about before right? Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Allen, KG, Pierce all decided to go elsewhere. Lakers could have signed anyone of those players if they wanted to play with Kobe. They would have taken less money to do so. Howard was traded and would have looked dumb protesting it after the fiasco in Orlando. it was not his top choice. Howard left 30 mil on the table to go somewhere else. That should speak volumes. I may be wrong but CP3 didn't exactly complain after the trade was stopped did he?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to backtrack a little on the Celtics but I will address this later. Gotta go.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TURNUP THE HEAT IS ON THE MONEY AGAIN.

If you want to tell me that if the Lakers get James that they will be fine. I would agree. End if discussion.

If you are banking on any other FA next year to get you back to even where you should have been last season, I think you are mistaking.

The FA class next year, other then Heat players is weak.

Carmelo and Kobe on the same team. I would love to watch the games, but it wouldnt put you anywhere near contending IMO.

:agree::agree::10::10:

celticsintheoc

bleed green
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carmelo and kobe on the same team would be fighting each other for the ball...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carmelo would come off the bench and try to impress Kobe.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are always in a position to get a big time player. Thats what they do in spite of the salary cap as many Laker fans have bragged about before right? Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Allen, KG, Pierce all decided to go elsewhere. Lakers could have signed anyone of those players if they wanted to play with Kobe. They would have taken less money to do so. Howard was traded and would have looked dumb protesting it after the fiasco in Orlando. it was not his top choice. Howard left 30 mil on the table to go somewhere else. That should speak volumes. I may be wrong but CP3 didn't exactly complain after the trade was stopped did he?

Uh, the Lakers never tried to sign any of those players. When they were up for free agency, the Lakers already had their core intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.