• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 2016 NFL Predictions.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took a miracle of god + good eli to get them to 6-10.

Ftfy

The Saints were far worse (like the worst DVOA on defense ever bad)

Im pretty realistic about the Giants each season.....Thought they would have a dreadful defense last season

Think they addressed a lot of big needs all over the defense, and help for Odell on offense

Really expecting a big season from them, with a very favorable looking schedule

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible, but the Niners and Rams are still pretty awful, and I have a hard time believing Palmer stays upright again for 16, so the division shouldnt present much of a problem, even if Palmer does stay healthy
Seattle has probably the 3rd best D in the division now imo. The Rams always give them trouble for whatever reason. Seattle is entirely capable of being a really good team but there's always a team or 2 that doesn't meet expectations. Seattle sets up to maybe be that team this year. We shall see

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible, but the Niners and Rams are still pretty awful, and I have a hard time believing Palmer stays upright again for 16, so the division shouldnt present much of a problem, even if Palmer does stay healthy
Seattle fans will beg to differ. The Lambs are a tough team ~12th Fan~

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has probably the 3rd best D in the division now imo. The Rams always give them trouble for whatever reason. Seattle is entirely capable of being a really good team but there's always a team or 2 that doesn't meet expectations. Seattle sets up to maybe be that team this year. We shall see
:eek:Yikes:peep: incoming

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting note- Indianapolis is arguably as reliant on dominating a weak division since 2012 as any team in the NFL with an 83.3 win percentage (Only Denver did better since 2012) against the AFC South. They drop to 52.4% in non-division games, and iirc, that's actually below .500 if when it has just been Luck just for giggles.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys entire defense is a hot mess, and good luck with Tony Romo not being in this position, sooner than later

View attachment 138608
I guess everybody can see into the future and just know that Romo will get hurt. Just ignoring that he finally got surgery on that collarbone after avoiding it for years. And I guess Eli isn't 35 and can't possibly start to break down or get hurt. Eli is long overdue for an injury.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty realistic about the Giants each season.....Thought they would have a dreadful defense last season

Think they addressed a lot of big needs all over the defense, and help for Odell on offense

Really expecting a big season from them, with a very favorable looking schedule

I think better than 6-10...my early look is 8-8, but I can see them going 10-6 just as easy...I have them losing to CIN @ home...that might not happen, and losing to both MIN & GB on the road...they need to get one of those.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess everybody can see into the future and just know that Romo will get hurt. Just ignoring that he finally got surgery on that collarbone after avoiding it for years. And I guess Eli isn't 35 and can't possibly start to break down or get hurt. Eli is long overdue for an injury.

Hasnt missed a game his entire career, I wouldnt go betting on it

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think better than 6-10...my early look is 8-8, but I can see them going 10-6 just as easy...I have them losing to CIN @ home...that might not happen, and losing to both MIN & GB on the road...they need to get one of those.

@ Cowboys opening night will be a big one, cause i think they could follow that up with a 3-0 start before heading to Minnesota

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Cowboys opening night will be a big one, cause i think they could follow that up with a 3-0 start before heading to Minnesota

Good point because I have them going 2-1...the loss coming @ DAL...but WAS will be tough at home...the NCFE DIV games are almost always a coin flip it seems...if JPP is back and Ayers can replicate '15 in sack production, I like them against WAS in week 3.

Who else did they bring in for edge pressure?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East
(2)NE (11-5)
BUF (9-7)
MIA (8-8)
NYJ (5-11)

AFC North
(1)PIT (13-3)
CIN (9-7)
BAL (6-10)
CLE (4-12)

AFC South
(4)HOU (10-6)
IND (8-8)
JAX (6-10)
TEN (6-10)

AFC West
(3)KC (10-6)
DEN (10-6)
OAK (10-6)*

SD (5-11)
----------
NFC East

(4)
(3)DAL (10-6)*

NYG (8-8)
WAS (7-9)
PHI (6-10)

NFC North
(4)GB (10-6)
MIN (9-7)
DET (8-8)
CHI (7-9)

NFC South
(2)CAR (11-5)
ATL (10-6) *

TB (7-9)
NO (5-11)

NFC West
(1)ARZ (12-4)
SEA (10-6)

LA (6-10)
SF (4-12)
Would love to see the Falcons in the playoffs again!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point because I have them going 2-1...the loss coming @ DAL...but WAS will be tough at home...the NCFE DIV games are almost always a coin flip it seems...if JPP is back and Ayers can replicate '15 in sack production, I like them against WAS in week 3.

Who else did they bring in for edge pressure?

They brought in Olivier Vernon, signed Snacks Harrison on the interior...Brought in Janoris Jenkins and drafted Eli Apple to upgrade the Corners, and the Safety from Boise in Round 3 is getting the most love thus far in workouts.......And I am just loving Sterling Shepard as a slot receiver for them next season, and anything they can get from Victor Cruz can be a big bonus.....

I try not to be a homer that predicts a big season every year, but I am excited about the possibilities this season

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They brought in Olivier Vernon, signed Snacks Harrison on the interior...Brought in Janoris Jenkins and drafted Eli Apple to upgrade the Corners, and the Safety from Boise in Round 3 is getting the most love thus far in workouts.......And I am just loving Sterling Shepard as a slot receiver for them next season, and anything they can get from Victor Cruz can be a big bonus.....

I try not to be a homer that predicts a big season every year, but I am excited about the possibilities this season

Wow! Idk about all that! Well, Jenkins and Apple I did know about...imo Apple might be a yr away from starter material, but if the new players perform well...the NY football Giants might be the DIV leader after all.

I'll be shuffling my predictions around since I have them all on XL now after camp.

Likewise...not quite the haul the Giants brought in, but I think PIT finally have some depth on the DL, and if Green is productive at TE...I like PIT's chances to be a 1 or 2 seed assuming everyone is healthy.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Idk about all that! Well, Jenkins and Apple I did know about...imo Apple might be a yr away from starter material, but if the new players perform well...the NY football Giants might be the DIV leader after all.

I'll be shuffling my predictions around since I have them all on XL now after camp.

Likewise...not quite the haul the Giants brought in, but I think PIT finally have some depth on the DL, and if Green is productive at TE...I like PIT's chances to be a 1 or 2 seed assuming everyone is healthy.

Love the addition of Green in a Steelers offense that loves the TE. With the presence of Gates, he never got a full crack to get a rythym going in SD.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And agree on Apple. They very early returns are positive, but I thought he was a huge reach at 10

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the addition of Green in a Steelers offense that loves the TE. With the presence of Gates, he never got a full crack to get a rythym going in SD.

Green is coming off ankle surgery and might not be 100% for the 1st week of camp, but they expect him to ready during camp. The Steelers use of the TE imo will need to change a little bit to fully take advantage of what Green brings to the table...Heath Miller's last few years he was mostly effective vs zones...this guy Green has the size and speed to be effective vs zone and downfield vs man...Ben is excited to have this kind of talent.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And agree on Apple. They very early returns are positive, but I thought he was a huge reach at 10

My point on Apple was less about him as a player, but more about the position...I thought top 10 was high too, but I'm sure he was high on the Steelers board.

Unless you're strictly a man team and that's what he played in CFB, CB is just tough on starting rookies. What Marcus Peters did for KC as a rookie was outstanding...but not typical.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point on Apple was less about him as a player, but more about the position...I thought top 10 was high too, but I'm sure he was high on the Steelers board.

Unless you're strictly a man team and that's what he played in CFB, CB is just tough on starting rookies. What Marcus Peters did for KC as a rookie was outstanding...but not typical.

I forget who the corner was that went a couple of picks later, but it seemed EVERYONE had that guy higher on the board than Apple...When I heard Jon Gruden say "this guy is an illegal contact waiting to happen", thats not something I wanted to hear.....He apparently was a very physical corner at OSU, and got away with a style of play that wont translate in the NFL...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget who the corner was that went a couple of picks later, but it seemed EVERYONE had that guy higher on the board than Apple...When I heard Jon Gruden say "this guy is an illegal contact waiting to happen", thats not something I wanted to hear.....He apparently was a very physical corner at OSU, and got away with a style of play that wont translate in the NFL...
And here I thought you were talking about Trae Waynes until I read this twice. FWIW Dallas also had Apple pretty high on their board.