• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official RememberTheKoy's Memorial Day Weekend 2023 NFL Season Predictions

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Ravens making the playoffs all depends on whether Lamar can finish the season after 2 straight seasons of being injured down the stretch. Even then, they have to actually go out and win more than 1 playoff game with Lamar first. Then we can talk SB run maybe. Chiefs, Bengals and Bills still a tier above them for me until the Ravens prove otherwise.
I don't know. Josh Allen's 4 playoff wins are against: Philip Rivers, Lamar Jackson, Mac Jones, and Skylar Thompson. His 4 losses are against Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Patrick Mahomes, and Joe Burrow. Every one of the teams Josh Allen lost to then went on to lose the next round.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields will out perform Hurts at the QB position.

Fields is turnover crazy. He just isn't as smart as a QB as Hurts. I doubt his work ethic and drive is as good as Hurts either because it's at an elite level. And it's that work ethic and drive that have allowed him to develop into one of the best QBs in the game. Field is all talent but doesn't have the smarts and I'm not sure of his drive. They finally gave him some weapons this year to throw to so we will see.

With how dire the QB situation is in the NFC outside of Hurts, it is certainly in play for Fields to establish himself as one of the best QBs in the conference. That in itself would be a significant development for the Bears and their future as long as the NFC only has one elite QB in it.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is turnover crazy. He just isn't as smart as a QB as Hurts. I doubt his work ethic and drive is as good as Hurts either because it's at an elite level. And it's that work ethic and drive that have allowed him to develop into one of the best QBs in the game. Field is all talent but doesn't have the smarts and I'm not sure of his drive. They finally gave him some weapons this year to throw to so we will see.

With how dire the QB situation is in the NFC outside of Hurts, it is certainly in play for Fields to establish himself as one of the best QBs in the conference. That in itself would be a significant development for the Bears and their future as long as the NFC only has one elite QB in it.
08B66034-DBFE-4EA6-8ADD-E59A73D63797.jpeg

jalen hurts wonderlic is 21. That’s very very low for an nfl QB.

Its not the wonderlic, but fields scored the highest ever in this aptitude test. Higher than josh Allen and Patrick mahommes.

as for work ethic, they both have it in spades. They wouldn’t be a starting NFL QB if they didn’t.

Clearly, I’m a bears fan, but I see Fields taking a huge leap this year. If he doesn’t, his replacement might be drafted next year.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 331120

jalen hurts wonderlic is 21. That’s very very low for an nfl QB.

Its not the wonderlic, but fields scored the highest ever in this aptitude test. Higher than josh Allen and Patrick mahommes.

as for work ethic, they both have it in spades. They wouldn’t be a starting NFL QB if they didn’t.

Clearly, I’m a bears fan, but I see Fields taking a huge leap this year. If he doesn’t, his replacement might be drafted next year.

Jalen Hurts is one of the best decision makers in the NFL. Fields had some of the most braindead turnovers last year.

Very few players in the NFL have the drive and work ethic that Jalen Hurts has. His intangibles are at an elite level.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to say as we all know. But My :2cents:

Chiefs are in a class of their own. No one is close right now. But the NFL has a way of not going according to plan.
Bills easily the next best team to me. But in AFC makes it tough
Bengals next best team but being in AFC with the two best is tough
49ers and Eagles next two based on recent success and talent. I put SF on top because the Eagles lost a bunch of guys and I think SF may be as good or better than last year. But that draft the Eagles had replaces some of their losses I think and they still have the best OL by a mile in the league.

next group is big. I’ll put my cowboys at or at least near the top of it. the two trades this off-season were both huge IMO. playing a like number 30 CB and one WR and no Pollard and an injured OL was big against SF. This years team on paper beats them in that game. But, alas, SF added a great 3 tech and will have a QB not in like his 5th or whatever game this year so beating this years 9ers will be even tougher. I like the way the Lions finished, Just not sure they will keep it up. I think the Giants will be interesting. If they sign Hopkins I think they are in the mix. Love their coaching. They just can’t win big games without giving Jones another weapon On top of Waller.

AFC the Jets QB play was just so bad and they made a little run at a playoff spot before falling apart. With Rodgers they have to be in that next level. Minter Rodgers would be an upgrade, so Aaron has to give them some juice. I just don’t believe in Miami but they did better than I assumed and especially with Tua. I’m not a believer in Baltimore but think Cleveland will be in the wild card mix and I think they’ll make the playoffs. Jax might need to be in the mix because of their crappy division and how they finished. Lastly the Chargers have IMO the best young QB in the game. I know everyone will disagree with that comment and they have a lot of weaknesses but he gives them a chance.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Hurts is one of the best decision makers in the NFL. Fields had some of the most braindead turnovers last year.

Very few players in the NFL have the drive and work ethic that Jalen Hurts has. His intangibles are at an elite level.
Well, my prediction stands. The good thing about sports is no one can predict it with 100% certainty. I’ll provide an example. Everyone was picking the eagles to win the Super Bowl, but Jalen hurts choked and the chiefs won.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets hype just because of AR is pretty fascinating to me. I get it because he is a huge upgrade at QB even at age 40 but they might need to win 9 or 10 games out of their last 11 to get to the 11 win total. That's possible but a tough road for them. Their early schedule has 1-5 written all over it and that start could bring a lot of heat from that NY media and fans. Rodgers might not be all smiles and NYC night life by that time. Conversely, if they somehow win 3 or 4 of those 6 early games, they have a shot at contending. I honestly see them as a 9 or 10 win team at best and in a dog fight for the 7 seed. The AFC may have a few tiebreakers involved this year, imo.
The Tua situation in Miami is very unpredictable. If he doesn't get his head cracked in, they have a legit shot at pushing the Bills but right now, that seems like a big "if".
The Jags will likely win the south handily barring some terrible injury luck.
The Chiefs are the Chiefs and the obvious favorite for good reason. I fully expect the Chargers to get one WC spot again despite their history of under achieving expectations. And I also expect a bounceback from the Broncos with Payton at the controls. They could be in the mix for that 7 seed.
The AFCN could go any direction. The Bengals seem to be the top dog for now but it's pretty close. A little stumble or bad luck could open the door. Any one of the other 3 or all of them could also be in the hunt for a WC come December. Gonna be about 7 or 8 teams fighting for maybe 2 spots around week 15, imo. Should be interesting.

The NFC is the Eagles and the Niners and then a bunch of teams like Dallas, Seattle, Detroit, Minnesota, NYG and whoever comes out of the south that either take a step up or a step back.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs are in a class of their own. No one is close right now. But the NFL has a way of not going according to plan.
49ers and Eagles next two based on recent success and talent. I put SF on top because the Eagles lost a bunch of guys and I think SF may be as good or better than last year. But that draft the Eagles had replaces some of their losses I think and they still have the best OL by a mile in the league.

next group is big. I’ll put my cowboys at or at least near the top of it. the two trades this off-season were both huge IMO. playing a like number 30 CB and one WR and no Pollard and an injured OL was big against SF. This years team on paper beats them in that game. But, alas, SF added a great 3 tech and will have a QB not in like his 5th or whatever game this year so beating this years 9ers will be even tougher. I like the way the Lions finished, Just not sure they will keep it up. I think the Giants will be interesting. If they sign Hopkins I think they are in the mix. Love their coaching. They just can’t win big games without giving Jones another weapon On top of Waller.

AFC the Jets QB play was just so bad and they made a little run at a playoff spot before falling apart. With Rodgers they have to be in that next level. Minter Rodgers would be an upgrade, so Aaron has to give them some juice. I just don’t believe in Miami but they did better than I assumed and especially with Tua. I’m not a believer in Baltimore but think Cleveland will be in the wild card mix and I think they’ll make the playoffs. Jax might need to be in the mix because of their crappy division and how they finished. Lastly the Chargers have IMO the best young QB in the game. I know everyone will disagree with that comment and they have a lot of weaknesses but he gives them a chance.
Nah the Eagles lost the 5th guy on the Oline. Massive loss. They lost their irreplaceable running back too.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It all makes sense but this is actually the same situation at the top as last year. Because this is the NFL, we can almost guarantee that the top won’t be identical whether it’s due to injury or some other reason one or more of that top tier of Chiefs Bills Bengals 49ers Eagles Cowboys will drop back.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my prediction stands. The good thing about sports is no one can predict it with 100% certainty. I’ll provide an example. Everyone was picking the eagles to win the Super Bowl, but Jalen hurts choked and the chiefs won.
Hurts choked? He had one brain fart of a play in the first half. He was the best player on the field that night. Not sure what game you watched.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah the Eagles lost the 5th guy on the Oline. Massive loss. They lost their irreplaceable running back too.
As long as the Eagles have Jeff Stoudtland, I’m not worried about them filling that RG spot. They have multiple options there. Stoudt will have someone ready.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did Jalen Hurts choke? He had one of the best performances by a QB in the Super Bowl?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all makes sense but this is actually the same situation at the top as last year. Because this is the NFL, we can almost guarantee that the top won’t be identical whether it’s due to injury or some other reason one or more of that top tier of Chiefs Bills Bengals 49ers Eagles Cowboys will drop back.
And injuries will always be a huge equalizer

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RTK will NOT love you for this comment... :lol:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RTK will NOT love you for this comment... :lol:
I don’t know how anyone can say Hurts choked in that Super Bowl. If he gets the ball back he likely forces OT or wins the game. Not his fault he didn’t see the ball at the end of the game. The defense choked getting schooled on the same in and out action down in the red zone on 3 2nd half TDs.