• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL head coaches on the hot seat...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft has the balls, already called Belichick a schmuck for spygate, I'd be surprised if they didn't trade him after this season. If it was Jonathan's decision, BB would have been gone already. Paying this guy 27 mill a year for 2-9 season, losing season last year etc etc. If Kraft didn't step in on Brady/Garoppolo decision and let Bill keep a brittle QB that lasted 6 Quarters here, Pats would have only 3 Lombardi's instead of 6
so do you think this is Bill's last year?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so do you think this is Bill's last year?
I do, Kraft has dumped so much money into the stadium and team making it the 2nd highest $$$$ NFL franchise after your Cowboys and to see a storied 20 year dynasty go down in flames is too much for him. Belichick doesn't bring any fresh blood in for coaches, but his sons and crumb bum friends in, most players don't want to play for him either. McDaniels, Judge, Patricia, Mangini, Daboll, Crennel, Weiss, Flores etc all have failed as HC, obviously if he was a great coach like a Walsh, Holgrem, Reid etc, his assistants would be better. They all want to act like dictators, and that shit doesn\t work with men making millions

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Reich and McDaniels already out. It appears Eberflus and Rivera will likely be gone Black Monday but will play out the season so they are kinda lame ducks. Kraft has to be considering some way to trade BB, one would think. Not sure if any other team will want to give up draft capital for him though so the Pats may be stuck. Staley has to be gone soon, one would think. If/when they get knocked out of the play-off picture the Chargers should dump him and get a head start on a search for a winner. Back to the previous point, they could possibly consider going for Belichick. The big question mark is McDermott. I think he should be gone after the season. The Bills have gone as far as they can with him at the helm, imo. Missing the play-offs could be the end when expectations are as high as they are for Buffalo.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question mark is McDermott. I think he should be gone after the season. The Bills have gone as far as they can with him at the helm, imo. Missing the play-offs could be the end when expectations are as high as they are for Buffalo.
McDermott lost his whole defense to injury. He has made the Bills into a perennial playoff team. Just played the best team in the league to overtime on the road. Pretty solid.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDermott lost his whole defense to injury. He has made the Bills into a perennial playoff team. Just played the best team in the league to overtime on the road. Pretty solid.
White and Milano are the only full time defensive starters who are out for the season. DaQuan Jones was playing about 50% of the snaps before he got hurt. So the Bills injuries are not substantially more than what most NFL teams deal with in a season.

One could certainly argue that Beane is the one that built the Bills roster into a perennial playoff team, and McDermott has failed to capitalize on that opportunity.

The Leslie Frazier situation was something that McDermott arguably could/should have handled better. They announced in March that he wasn't coming back, which is of course long after teams have settled on their staffs/assistants. Presumably the Bills management knew about this issue earlier but simply failed to address it.

Good teams find ways to win games, and bad teams find ways to lose them. The Bills have gone from "bubble" to "bad" this season, including a number of late game defensive collapses, and McDermott is probably going to wind up paying for it.

Not surprisingly, there are already Frank Reich rumors starting in the local media. Frank was very popular when he played here.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All their losses have been by a TD or less. Just seems like a snakebitten team this year, I don't see any reason to fire him

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft won't do anything until the season is over.
BB is not the guy to pick players again.

McDermott is safe until the offseason too. I would say his seat is warm, not hot. Bills' ownership (also own the Sabres) aren't prone to dumping head coaches quickly (more likely to do so too late).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White and Milano are the only full time defensive starters who are out for the season. DaQuan Jones was playing about 50% of the snaps before he got hurt. So the Bills injuries are not substantially more than what most NFL teams deal with in a season.

One could certainly argue that Beane is the one that built the Bills roster into a perennial playoff team, and McDermott has failed to capitalize on that opportunity.

The Leslie Frazier situation was something that McDermott arguably could/should have handled better. They announced in March that he wasn't coming back, which is of course long after teams have settled on their staffs/assistants. Presumably the Bills management knew about this issue earlier but simply failed to address it.

Good teams find ways to win games, and bad teams find ways to lose them. The Bills have gone from "bubble" to "bad" this season, including a number of late game defensive collapses, and McDermott is probably going to wind up paying for it.

Not surprisingly, there are already Frank Reich rumors starting in the local media. Frank was very popular when he played here.

I would almost count Von Miller as still being injured. He's really a net negative when he's out there, just doesn't look confident in his recovery.

Losing to the Eagles is not a coaching failure, although the game was in their hands (until Gabe Davis turned the wrong way). They almost lucked out on a victory over the Broncos with a missed makeable FG until 12 men happened. Denver is not the pushover that they were assumed to be however (largely due to that abysmal showing vs the Dolphins), winning their last 5 and may be a better bet for the playoffs with their remaining schedule than the Bills at this point. Losses to the Patriots and Jets were terrible, but that crap happens vs divisional opponents.

McDermott could very well take the fall after the season, if for no other reason than the team has plateaued short of the Super Bowl with him at the helm. Tough to project a replacement that could take them further though?

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller has made a negligible contribution since his return. In 8 games, he's averaged about 20 snaps per game, and has a total of 1 tackle, 1 assist, and 1 QB hit. He's obviously not 100%, and most games the Bills had enough healthy DEs to rotate that he was arguably hurting more than helping by being on the field.

I'm guessing the Bills will need 11 wins to make the playoffs, which appears very unlikely at this point. They haven't even won 2 weeks in a row since early in the season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller has made a negligible contribution since his return. In 8 games, he's averaged about 20 snaps per game, and has a total of 1 tackle, 1 assist, and 1 QB hit. He's obviously not 100%, and most games the Bills had enough healthy DEs to rotate that he was arguably hurting more than helping by being on the field.

I'm guessing the Bills will need 11 wins to make the playoffs, which appears very unlikely at this point. They haven't even won 2 weeks in a row since early in the season.

I think they're better with Miller off the field right now. A rotation of Rousseau, Floyd, Epenesa and Lawson is my preference with Von's contribution level these days.

11 may be a bit strong IMO. I'm not sold on the Steelers, Browns, Colts, Texans, or Broncos necessarily getting to that number (the other wildcard possibilities that are over .500).

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would argue that. The Bills are projected to be 46 million over the cap going into the 2024 season so it will be interesting to see where they end up once they settle their debt.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they need to win a minimum of 4 of their remaining 5 games to have a shot and hope one of the other 6 win teams slips up. Even then, it might be iffy as a WC because of tiebreakers. The loss to the Donkeys hurts. However, when they face the Dolphins, that could very easily be for the division. The Dolphins finish with the Cowboys, Ravens, Bills and could very easily lose all 3 games and their hold on the division.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that. The Bills are projected to be 46 million over the cap going into the 2024 season so it will be interesting to see where they end up once they settle their debt.

I would expect the cap to come in higher than 240.5m that Spotrac is projecting, but either way there is a lot of work to do. Probably just some restructures to kick it on down the road...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Von Miller signing looks pretty bad in retrospect. Tre White may never be the same after another injury, could be a cap casualty (although that would be pretty cold, so unlikely).

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an awful assessment of that team. They're really bad...(now that I posted that I'm sure they'll get win 2 vs Green Bay)
I think GB is safe

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're better with Miller off the field right now. A rotation of Rousseau, Floyd, Epenesa and Lawson is my preference with Von's contribution level these days.

11 may be a bit strong IMO. I'm not sold on the Steelers, Browns, Colts, Texans, or Broncos necessarily getting to that number (the other wildcard possibilities that are over .500).
Look at the Steelers remaining schedule....

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chargers find a way to lose to Bailey Zappe and the 2 win Patriots, Staley has to be shit canned on the runway at Logan airport, right?
They usually fly into Providence and stay at the Biltmore hotel here.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Steelers remaining schedule....
Yeah, the Bills schedule is tougher for sure and the Bills are behind the eight ball on the tiebreakers already. Buffalo needs at least 10 wins and some help. I still think their best shot would be to catch Miami but that might not be too easy either. The Bills basically need to win every game to get in and they have KC and Dallas coming up.

Last edited: