• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most overrated rock star

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I think they win the overrated title is because even though they had no better songs than several groups, they where lifted up above all for some reason

Such as?

I listen to allot of music, but I cannot name 15 of their songs.

Seems like a fairly arbitrary measuring stick. I'm not a big fan of U2 -- I think I've got three or four of their albums -- but I could probably come up with 15.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Metallica is overrated outside of like 10 songs, and has been on cruise control since their first 2-3 albums.

ftr, I agree with you that they are overrated. Just change 10 songs to 4 albums and we're good;)

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Michael

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much anyone who dies young will be slightly overrated.

Nirvana, fosho. I like Nirvana enough, but they are far from the best band from that era/scene.

Spawning from that, Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters are overrated. Sorry @bamabear82 :behindsofa:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ftr, I agree with you that they are overrated. Just change 10 songs to 4 albums and we're good;)

Leads me to think he hasn't listened to anything pre-black album. Metallica used to rule the fucking world in their halcyon days

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sting - Great songwriter/lyricist. The Police as a whole were an incredibly talented band.

U2 - Never was a diehard fan, and Bono is very, very punchable, but Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Unforgettable Fire, Rattle and Hum....they put out some pretty diverse and impressive stuff. They've been pretty much dead for 20 years except for a song here or there....same as.....

Metallica - Lightning & Puppets will stand the test of time. I think less of Justice, although still a pretty good record. Downhill pretty fast soon after, although for whatever reason, I like Death Magnetic.

Springsteen - Another great lyricist. The working mans musician who puts on a hell of a show. Like others mentioned, he hasn't done much for me in a long time.

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds alone puts them on a list of underrated if anything. Brian Wilson is another truly great writer.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the Rolling Stones for a sec....the Stones were/are one of the best bands ever...Sticky Fingers...Exile...so many great albums up until the mid-70's...then they fell apart. The last good thing they did was Some Girls.

Drugs caught up to em'.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you figure it out, let me know

I'm not trying to figure it out. I know why. You're just asking if it's because of specific things.

I've seen a fair amount of your posts saying things about how people love horrible music, and most of the stuff you say you like is somewhat obscure.

"You all have no idea what good music is. The best album ever was The Eels self-released EP that they only made 500 cassette tapes of. Mainstream sucks."

That's how you come across on here to me, and it's how I define a "hipster," even if you don't wear skinny jeans and a fedora.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to figure it out. I know why. You're just asking if it's because of specific things.

I've seen a fair amount of your posts saying things about how people love horrible music, and most of the stuff you say you like is somewhat obscure.

"You all have no idea what good music is. The best album ever was The Eels self-released EP that they only made 500 cassette tapes of. Mainstream sucks."

That's how you come across on here to me, and it's how I define a "hipster," even if you don't wear skinny jeans and a fedora.

false

Ive never heard the Eels

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the Rolling Stones for a sec....the Stones were/are one of the best bands ever...Sticky Fingers...Exile...so many great albums up until the mid-70's...then they fell apart. The last good thing they did was Some Girls.

Drugs caught up to em'.

Tattoo You is a pretty good record, simply because it was bits and pieces put together from the 1970's, but in general, I agree. Even for a legendary band like the Stones, it's pretty much almost impossible to knock out masterpiece after masterpiece....but they had an awesome run.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree completely with you about Sting. I can certainly understand why some people wouldn't take to his solo stuff, but he's an incredible song writer and in my opinion, a top-notch lyricist.

I'd also tend to agree with you about U2, although I think Joshua Tree and Actung Baby are both fantastic albums.

I like U2 and have several of their albums and yes that's actual vinyl when they were released. But if we're talking overrated, they're often described as the best over the last 30-something years and one of the GOAT along with the Beatles, Stones, LZ, The Who... and they don't belong in that company, imo.

In fact I like most of the artists people have posted as overrated here... some I agree about and some I don't. "The Stones suck" is the only one I really object to so far. "I don't like The Stones" is a perfectly fine opinion. "The Stones are garbage" is an objectively cocktarded one from anyone who pretends to have an appreciation for Rock and Roll.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will yall quit bickering and just agree that the answer is and always has been Journey.

And "Don't Stop Believing" is in the running for most overrated song ever.