• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most overrated rock star

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..the goal of marketing is to make money isn't it?

They turned 4 shitty jewish "musicians" into household names and made themselves boatloads of money in the process, and are still making boatloads of money.

They are either Marketing Geniuses or the luckiest shitty band ever.

I understand your point, and that's why I said there's no question they're rich as hell.

I'm just saying that if, say Led Zeppelin or The Beatles, opted to make it their lives' ambition to sell the most shit with their names on it, I'd make a wager that they'd sell more of it than KISS has. I'm just not ready to say they're less geniusy than KISS because they didn't go down that road.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point, and that's why I said there's no question they're rich as hell.

I'm just saying that if, say Led Zeppelin or The Beatles, opted to make it their lives' ambition to sell the most shit with their names on it, I'd make a wager that they'd sell more of it than KISS has. I'm just not ready to say they're less geniusy than KISS because they didn't go down that road.

Well, that's why I didn't just call them geniuses, but Marketing Geniuses.

I would never say they were Musical Geniuses.

Like I said, selling 4 crappy musicians dressed up as demonic drag queens, would be difficult enough at that time, let alone blowing it up into it's own massive commercial empire, like it's fucking Star Wars er' some shit...kind of geniusy en sech

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..the goal of marketing is to make money isn't it?

They turned 4 shitty jewish "musicians" into household names and made themselves boatloads of money in the process, and are still making boatloads of money.

They are either Marketing Geniuses or the luckiest shitty band ever.

Now, I will say that if the entire enterprise was dreamed up as a way to get rich, then I completely agree with you.

If a couple of jews were sitting around one day, and saw some rockstars doing outrageous shit and one turned to the other and said,

Abe: Oy! Moshe! Vould jew get a load of dees shegetz? Vee could do dis! Vee jus gotta dress up little Pauly and Michael in der mutha's tights, paint der faces, shoot off a bunch of fi-a, and voila, ve'll be svimming in gelt!

Moshe: Abe! Dats brilliant! You are a marketing GENIUS!

Abe: Dats vat @beardown07 said!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I will say that if the entire enterprise was dreamed up as a way to get rich, then I completely agree with you.

If a couple of jews were sitting around one day, and saw some rockstars doing outrageous shit and one turned to the other and said,

Abe: Oy! Moshe! Vould jew get a load of dees shegetz? Vee could do dis! Vee jus gotta dress up little Pauly and Michael in der mutha's tights, paint der faces, shoot off a bunch of fi-a, and voila, ve'll be svimming in gelt!

Moshe: Abe! Dats brilliant! You are a marketing GENIUS!

Abe: Dats vat @beardown07 said!

ok, fine dude...they're morons.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Genius marketers.

Pretty amazing KISS didn't burn down a dozen venues with that awesome pyrotechnic show. I remember my babysitter taking me and my brother to a KISS show in the 70's. I'm sure if I try really hard I could still smell the stench of my eyebrows going up in smoke.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. How can you hate the Stones?

Any dude who doesn’t dig the Stones needs to have his junk chewed off by a badger.

If he doesn't dig the stones chances are he doesn't have any

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Dead. They have a lot of filler bullshit. They're a jam band, so there is a lot of BS for sure, but they also wrote some good tunes, like Friend of the Devil, Uncle John's Band, Ripple...plus they were some of the first dudes to recreationally eat LSD. Robert Hunter was an MK-ULTRA guinea pig. The Dead and Ken Kesey's(also an MK-ULTRA guinea pig) Merry Pranksters are responsible for dosing half the fucking country.

That is some pretty heavy history right there, and worthy of respect.
They sucked in my opinion but I won't disrespect your opinion either.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took me awhile to realize KISS wouldn't just go away.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a gramps. Only 47. But I know good music kiddo.
I'm 37 and I dig the Stones music. The stuff that passes for rock now days sucks.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sting and U2 are the most overrated. U2 has 1 good song and a bunch of crap.

Disagree about Sting, but even though I like their sound U2 is kind of overrated. But they have many very good songs. They just all sort of sound the same.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the stones fucking blew. i mean, how the fuck do you call yourself a man and listen to this ridiculous wanker??

ay113248842mick-jagger-and.jpg

I'm going to pretend I didn't read this.

Reactions: GNG

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're the greatest rock & roll band ever.

Didn't you say you don't like The Who too ?

there are so many bands that absolutely shit all over the noise pollution that is "tha stones" that it's not even funny. are you kidding me with this garbage?? have you been living your whole life being pulled around via your nostrils by rolling stone magazine or something?? they're not even close to the best band out of the UK, let alone "best rock and roll band ever".

I don't recall mentioning anything about The Who. They're alright, I can take them or leave them. Leaps and bounds better than "tha stones", of course.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame figured now would be a good time to add Bon Jovi to this list.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are so many bands that absolutely shit all over the noise pollution that is "tha stones" that it's not even funny. are you kidding me with this garbage?? have you been living your whole life being pulled around via your nostrils by rolling stone magazine or something?? they're not even close to the best band out of the UK, let alone "best rock and roll band ever".

I don't recall mentioning anything about The Who. They're alright, I can take them or leave them. Leaps and bounds better than "tha stones", of course.

giphy.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you...

I am so fucking confused with that guy. Some people worship him, like he's a god damn genius. I have a friend with a lyric of Springsteen's tattoo'd on his body.

I just... what is it? I don't understand what I'm supposed to think is good.

I feel the same way about Prince. All I hear is commercial pop music out of that guy. At least, I can understand people liking that, more than I can Springsteen. Pop music has it's place. I just don't understand why Prince is a "genius".

Sometimes, I think if you've achieved a certain amount of success and build yourself up to be a god, the masses will buy in. Kind of like Jim Morrison (even though I love The Doors... I just think he was 4th most talented dude in that band, but sold himself as this god). Then, he died at 26, at the height of his fame. Which always makes you kind of a legend.

Springsteen is shit, Prince is shit... they can both stay out of my catalogue.