• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More fuel for the fire that is to burn Marleau for the witch hunt

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marleau won't go nowhere and I'm perfectly fine with it. The Sharks need more shooter than passers on this roster. Plus the Shark blue line needs to practice getting shots on net. Soo many shots get blocked or go fucking wide, that pisses me off most nights. I really think the Sharks fucked themselves by trying to shoot wide on purpose aand hope for that fast bounce off the boards into goal crease.

Also TMac stop playing the same style as Detroit! Its not working no more and its time for a new style of play. "Sharks Style"

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want more zone entires off the rush then there needs to be a lot of speed added to the top six. Pavelski, Clowe, Thornton, and Couture are all below average to average speed. That lack of speed allows easier gap control through the neutral zone for the other teams dmen which slows the attacking forwards down even more. It also makes it easier for backchecking forwards to pressure the puck.

As far as Marleau goes:
1: No idea
2: The best they could probably do is a salary dump contract, mid 1st round pick, and a top prospect.
3: I actually think he would waive if asked.

Agreed on needing more speed to play that sort of attacking style. Besides getting the slowest forwards off the roster in exchange for more speed, they can place the slow forwards together on one line, and the faster forwards on a line to have a change up sort of style. Hopefully there are some roster moves to get speed.

I would be extremely shocked if Marleau waived to go to an undesirable place. If you are referring to Patty waiving because it means Doug doesn't want him here anymore, and that in turn hurts Patty's feelings, I'd be surprised.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just catching up after not visiting for a few days...

1) Holy shit, someone used the fucking +/- rating to make a counter-argument that Marleau isn't one of the most productive playoff players in recent history. Wow. :L

2) I kind of agree with Cmon in that I can see Marleau waiving his NTC if asked... but only (of course.. duh!) for some teams of his liking... I'm sure he can come up with a short list of teams he would waive his NTC for. But I hope he doesn't.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's assume that the Sharks look to deal Marleau. Who do we think is interested and who do would he be interested in?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So let's assume that the Sharks look to deal Marleau. Who do we think is interested and who do would he be interested in?

I could see Anaheim being interested.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just catching up after not visiting for a few days...

1) Holy shit, someone used the fucking +/- rating to make a counter-argument that Marleau isn't one of the most productive playoff players in recent history. Wow. :L

2) I kind of agree with Cmon in that I can see Marleau waiving his NTC if asked... but only (of course.. duh!) for some teams of his liking... I'm sure he can come up with a short list of teams he would waive his NTC for. But I hope he doesn't.

I'll take the blame for that, and I am glad you stated it. Thank you for taking the bait rares :) I used the +/- reference because someone said he had 13 gwgs to make an argument to the opposite. In 129 playoff games, you will get some gwgs, could be skewed too, as getting a gwg can be based on many you give up. Maybe you got the 7th goal in a 7-6 slopfest when you were leading 7-2, but you failed to backcheck a few times in the game and were responsible for 3 the other way. You played like shit and got a gwg. It was basically done to show that stats don't mean everything. Just wondering in all those po games, how much defense he played, or blocked shots, or made a big hit, etc.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, I am not saying he is terrible. Good, but not great, and inconsistent. He is a 65-75 pt guy and stats in playoffs are similar. But he doesn't have intangibles to go with those stats. Not much hitting or blocked shots if I remember. The thing is we don't have anyone to compare him to other than maybe Thornton and Nolan. There is no Joe Sakic or Mark Messier in the Sharks past. So, yes he is the best they have had besides maybe Thornton/Nolan but his numbers look better alot based on longevity. I don't hate the guy, just the dough the Sharks paid him (and Joe) would like to have gotten a little further in the playoffs. Maybe the Thornton/Marleau duo together has been the problem.

Anyways, I have my opinion and you all have yours. And am ok with the beating/lashing/flogging I am getting from the other side though :)

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. you're welcome!

And I can somewhat agree that GWG is a bit flawed for the reasons you mentioned, although I don't believe it to be AS flawed as the stupid +/- stat. :p

Also, I can't disagree with folks being upset over Marleau being overpaid for what he has produced this year... but his contract is what it is (yay for cliches!) and it was "fair market value" last year or whenever he signed it, etc.

If we want to argue that he's over the hill and not worth that kind of money, I think we'll go back and forth on it... so I won't go there because I don't want to waste my time either. Hah!

Anyway, carry on...

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Sharks I'd rather have Marleau's contract than Luongos in Vancouver....or the Angels with Albert Pujols. The Angels are screwed!!