• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some key names to follow for the way-way-too-early '24 draft

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The elephant in the room is still Fields. His late-game lulls and overall 4th quarter woes, particularly against good teams, is still an issue that's yet to be resolved.

Beat the Packers this week, and that narrative could change a bit.

I still say everything hinges on this game.

He lays an egg, and his ass is gone.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The elephant in the room is still Fields. His late-game lulls and overall 4th quarter woes, particularly against good teams, is still an issue that's yet to be resolved.

Beat the Packers this week, and that narrative could change a bit.

I still say everything hinges on this game.

He lays an egg, and his ass is gone.

Win and I still think he goes.......

Just some year ending stats to throw out there.......:
Qbr 22nd
Rtg 23rd
Passing yds per game 201 22nd
Completion ptg 61.0 28th
Passing tds 20th
Rushing tds 9th
Sacks 5th
Ints t-16th with 16 in 12 games
Passing yards + rush yds 23rd
And combined yardage is just above Burrow and Cousins(when was the last time they played) and add his combined yardage to even it at 16 games,JF would still be 17th.....
Rushing tds is a little skewed because of the games he missed,but Dobbs and Ridder are still ahead of him.......not too mention Richardson being being tied with him......

Altho I was excited about his season,it may not be as good as thought.......

His career stats are nothing to brag about,nor as you say his 4th qtr stats......

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a billion games to be played to determine just what picks we will have, although it's a good bet both of our number 1 picks will be top 5...

My question right now is where are we going with coaches? Is the Lions assistant Johnson really the big prize?
I demand that you eat those words right not Jidster!!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an updated top 25 draftee list from Mel "The Coiff" Kiper:

I only linked this because for the most part, I'm in agreement with pretty much all of his top 25 rankings, even if I have a few of them rearranged a bit in order. What's become fascinating is how much the offensive side of the ball is dominating this draft. Kiper doesnt have a single defensive player in his top 10. Not sure I do either at this point.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I demand that you eat those words right not Jidster!!!

Duly eaten...

...but it is funny how excited just a small bit of success from this team changes everything.

We're 7-5 since the 0-4 start. Just above average and we have no idea if our coaching staff and QB are any good or not...LOOK OUT NFL. LOL.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duly eaten...

...but it is funny how excited just a small bit of success from this team changes everything.

We're 7-5 since the 0-4 start. Just above average and we have no idea if our coaching staff and QB are any good or not...LOOK OUT NFL. LOL.
LOL, gotta admit you're 100% right on this. I have to say tho that I felt this year we weren't ready for a postseason push, but hopefully would show enough improvement to make us feel such success is right around the corner. Taken as a whole, I've been correct. But how we went about it few could have ever predicted. Whuda thunk we'd not only start the seaon 0-4, but look bottom of the league pathetic in doing so. Then almost magically turn it all round and start to show respectability in going 7-5 since then. And we all agree that had it not been for three huge chokes, we could actually be 10-6 entering the final game of the season. Now add another offseason where we're sitting pretty with cap space and the draft, it's actually ok to be feeling good about the coming years.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish they would do something about the time frame between free agency and the draft. I know there are months of preparation, but you miss on your draft pick, you get your free agent. The way it goes now, you commit millions, then end up passing on your guy the scouts have for the spots that might have been the smarter choice for the position.

The way it goes now, our 1's are too high to pick our greatest need of a center. I am guessing teams like Detroit dont think they wasted a first round pick, while that other Kelce was a traded 6th rounder. Ragnow was 20th chosen and a true anchor of the line. I dont know if the best center will go in the first again, but it points to us making the same mistake of signing another one as a free agent since our choices are too high. I just hope they make a trade to pick up a late first or early seconds they get the best one on the board. I think the only way that happens is if they deal Fields and pick a QB. That would be fields going to a team in the playoffs most likely.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish they would do something about the time frame between free agency and the draft. I know there are months of preparation, but you miss on your draft pick, you get your free agent. The way it goes now, you commit millions, then end up passing on your guy the scouts have for the spots that might have been the smarter choice for the position.

The way it goes now, our 1's are too high to pick our greatest need of a center. I am guessing teams like Detroit dont think they wasted a first round pick, while that other Kelce was a traded 6th rounder. Ragnow was 20th chosen and a true anchor of the line. I dont know if the best center will go in the first again, but it points to us making the same mistake of signing another one as a free agent since our choices are too high. I just hope they make a trade to pick up a late first or early seconds they get the best one on the board. I think the only way that happens is if they deal Fields and pick a QB. That would be fields going to a team in the playoffs most likely.
Poles would be arrested and tried for crimes agains humanity if he used one of those two 1sts on a center, so that's not gonna happen. However as we all know, the Sweat trade took away our 2nd round - and yes, he was way, way more than worth it. Nevertheless, this is a thinner than average draft for starter-quality centers. Maybe two or three worthy of 2nd/early 3rd rd picks. This is why I'm hoping Poles buys one in free agency. Even with the loss of top center free agent Connor Williams, there are still a few who merit a contract, and none should cost an arm & a leg.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duly eaten...

Well, I mean it's pretty obvious we have a good, young starting roster. We've built through the draft, and have a good young core. Our D will be a top 5 to 10 unit for the next few years, at least, with nothing but a stockpile of picks and money to build upon. The O has a lot to be excited about. A stud No. 1, a good young RB room, young stud TE and a couple of beasts on the o-line.

Y'all should be VERY excited about this young team. With or without Fields.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duly eaten...

You're an idiot. lol. All I have to say.

Look at how the team has played since we were 3-8. We have a chance to finish out winning 5 of 6 (That's 5-1 because I know you likely struggle with math) They're top 5 in every defensive metric known to man since being 0-4. #1 and #2 in multiple of them. Best run game in football. Passing game and Oline has improved steadily.

They had a few late game collapses in games they should have won - but that's what young teams can do. They struggle with those things.

This was the worst team in football in September and they're playing their asses off now. Putting red hot Cleveland on the ropes. Only team that had Flacco struggling (held to 7 points, multiple INT's, pick six, etc.) up until our inability to put things away caught up to us again. Beat the brakes off of 11-4 Detroit once and did for 57 minutes another time.

You love to just blatantly ignore anything that exists outside of your "Joe Fat Fuck on a Bar Stool in Oak Lawn" world view.

But your thick headed idiocy is nothing new and spans to multiple boards. I say that with love because you seem like you're probably a decent person. Simple. But decent.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an idiot. lol. All I have to say.

Look at how the team has played since we were 3-8. We have a chance to finish out winning 5 of 6 (That's 5-1 because I know you likely struggle with math) They're top 5 in every defensive metric known to man since being 0-4. #1 and #2 in multiple of them. Best run game in football. Passing game and Oline has improved steadily.

They had a few late game collapses in games they should have won - but that's what young teams can do. They struggle with those things.

This was the worst team in football in September and they're playing their asses off now. Putting red hot Cleveland on the ropes. Only team that had Flacco struggling (held to 7 points, multiple INT's, pick six, etc.) up until our inability to put things away caught up to us again. Beat the brakes off of 11-4 Detroit once and did for 57 minutes another time.

You love to just blatantly ignore anything that exists outside of your "Joe Fat Fuck on a Bar Stool in Oak Lawn" world view.

But your thick headed idiocy is nothing new and spans to multiple boards. I say that with love because you seem like you're probably a decent person. Simple. But decent.
1704649604545.jpeg

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we end up with 9 pick then? Trying to piece this together.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we end up with 9 pick then? Trying to piece this together.
According to Tankathon, who updates the draft order as the games are played, we will indeed end up with the 9th pick.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally about a third of the league is made up of pretty damn good QBs that are way fucking better than Fields ever will be. You’re not winning a Super Bowl as long as you’re marching Fields out against guys like this.

Mahomes
Herbert
Hurts
Tua
Stroud
Stafford
Burrow
Allen
Love
Cousins
Prescott
Jackson
Id rather have any of those guys over JF.
You could add(argueably) possibly Purdy,Murray and Goff.....

We have missed out on Mahomes and Stroud.....lets not do it again.

Poles your on the clock,dont fuck it up.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With each passing day, this is becoming THE popular draft scenario:

Not just with the local rags, but on social media as well. The scenario Schrock proposes is fairly realistic, nothing outlandish or anything crazy out of left field. I do wonder if Odunze could last until the 9th pick, but aside from this, it seems logical. I've been saying for some time that if the Bears do shitcan Fields, which obviously means we're taking a QB (likely Williams) with our 1st pick, then pick #2 needs to be a WR to provide the new QB as much ammo as possible. Unless of course Poles signs a proven vet in free agency. There are at this juncture a decent number of FA wideouts. Who knows how many of them might be re-signed by their teams or ink with another club. But they're out there.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With each passing day, this is becoming THE popular draft scenario:

Not just with the local rags, but on social media as well. The scenario Schrock proposes is fairly realistic, nothing outlandish or anything crazy out of left field. I do wonder if Odunze could last until the 9th pick, but aside from this, it seems logical. I've been saying for some time that if the Bears do shitcan Fields, which obviously means we're taking a QB (likely Williams) with our 1st pick, then pick #2 needs to be a WR to provide the new QB as much ammo as possible. Unless of course Poles signs a proven vet in free agency. There are at this juncture a decent number of FA wideouts. Who knows how many of them might be re-signed by their teams or ink with another club. But they're out there.
I wouldn’t hate that draft. It’d be pretty awesome if we traded fields for a first rounder (Atlanta’s 8th pick comes to mind). I think it might be possible if we play our cards right. I wouldn’t be mad at that haul though.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fascinating comparison of the top 3 WRs in the coming draft:

Needless to say, this article matters little if the Bears have no intention of grabbing a WR with either of their two 1st round picks. And it's quite possible, maybe even likely that even if Poles is willing to wait until the #9 pick, all three could be off the board by then. But the main reason for posting this link is to show there may not be as big a gap amongst these three as popular opinion would have us believe. This is not to knock all the accolades bestowed upon MHJ, it's more to confirm that either Odunze or Nabers would make for a damn fine consolation prize.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fascinating comparison of the top 3 WRs in the coming draft:

Needless to say, this article matters little if the Bears have no intention of grabbing a WR with either of their two 1st round picks. And it's quite possible, maybe even likely that even if Poles is willing to wait until the #9 pick, all three could be off the board by then. But the main reason for posting this link is to show there may not be as big a gap amongst these three as popular opinion would have us believe. This is not to knock all the accolades bestowed upon MHJ, it's more to confirm that either Odunze or Nabers would make for a damn fine consolation prize.

Here I go again stressing myself out,theres a lot of (good) ifs......

Of course the biggest if is JF still a Bear for 2025,then I like the idea of trading down farther than 3,but no later than 6 to get one of the 3 top wrs,ecstatic of course with MHJ,but still very happy with one of them......
You can add Brock Bowers on my list.......TE is not st all a presding need,but damn these top teams are killin it in the te dept with Kittle,Kelce,LaPorta,Likley and Andrews........not too mention Hockenson.
Bowers plays like one of those 3,our qb will be a happy camper.

And we could get a qb and one of those 4 weapons.....
Or
WE could get 2 of those 4 weapons if JF stays plus draft capital......

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally about a third of the league is made up of pretty damn good QBs that are way fucking better than Fields ever will be. You’re not winning a Super Bowl as long as you’re marching Fields out against guys like this.

Mahomes
Herbert
Hurts
Tua
Stroud
Stafford
Burrow
Allen
Love
Cousins
Prescott
Jackson
Id rather have any of those guys over JF.
You could add(argueably) possibly Purdy,Murray and Goff.....

We have missed out on Mahomes and Stroud.....lets not do it again.

Poles your on the clock,dont fuck it up.....
I understand what your logic is in this, but there is a caveat. Scoring in the NFL this season was the lowest it has been in over 20 years on a per game basis. TD's are down to just slightly over 4 per game (4.2 if I can remember correctly). The "Analysts" are attributing this to poor QB play in general. >shrugs<

That's not to say there are not great QB's but something has shifted at a time when Defenses are hamstrung more and more on what they can do, touch, hit the offensive players.

Wasn't really trying to add to your stress level, btw.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what your logic is in this, but there is a caveat. Scoring in the NFL this season was the lowest it has been in over 20 years on a per game basis. TD's are down to just slightly over 4 per game (4.2 if I can remember correctly). The "Analysts" are attributing this to poor QB play in general. >shrugs<

That's not to say there are not great QB's but something has shifted at a time when Defenses are hamstrung more and more on what they can do, touch, hit the offensive players.

Wasn't really trying to add to your stress level, btw.
Not a stress level( the lol rating) worded it wrong,but its more beating a dead horse on our situation.....So many sceanarios to where Im pretty much done talking about it until one of two things happens: a trade of JF or a trade down.......

And I never realized scoring has been down......never thought about it......

Id add a few great qbs going down: Cousins,Burrow and Rodgers......
Some teams being back and forth on who should be their starting qbs because their starters are bad.........That may contribute to the low scorinng tjis season......

Maybe something to look into.....