• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Hall of Very Good Players (but not HOF)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies edition: these are all guys who have had great careers but for whatever reason won’t make the Hall
Ryan Howard - called up late as youngster so that depressed his numbers. He also was rather bad late in his career and numbers plummeted.
Chase Utley - that 3/4 year period he was putting up analytics saying he was the best 2B to have played in the modern era. He also was called up late like Howard was.
Cole Hamels - his numbers are just shy of Hall of worthy. His numbers compare favorably to Jack Morris who is in the Hall but Morris is often criticized for being the bottom of the heap numbers wise among those in the Hall.
Curt Schilling - for me he’s a Hall of Famer but his politics and the fact that he was an asshole to sports writers will keep him out.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies edition: these are all guys who have had great careers but for whatever reason won’t make the Hall
Ryan Howard - called up late as youngster so that depressed his numbers. He also was rather bad late in his career and numbers plummeted.
Chase Utley - that 3/4 year period he was putting up analytics saying he was the best 2B to have played in the modern era. He also was called up late like Howard was.
Cole Hamels - his numbers are just shy of Hall of worthy. His numbers compare favorably to Jack Morris who is in the Hall but Morris is often criticized for being the bottom of the heap numbers wise among those in the Hall.
Curt Schilling - for me he’s a Hall of Famer but his politics and the fact that he was an asshole to sports writers will keep him out.
Utley and Hamels are two of the better members of the Very Good HOF.

Schilling has to get in eventually. The collective eff you Curt is still more about the ketchup sock imo. Took it too far.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kris bryant has 488 homers well on his way to 500.500 homers used to be the mark for hof status.he still plays but surely hof material

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Utley will eventually make it. Will take time. Injuring the Mets shortstop while w/ the Dodgers ought to ruffle some voters’ feathers.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 all stars

you said hall of very good

not hall of OK
What’s funny is I could name another AL third baseman from the same era who also never made an All Star team (I learned of this playing Immaculate Grid) who also dealt with a slew of injuries. This player’s career WAR is 14 points higher than Koskie’s.

Eric Chavez.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kris bryant has 488 homers well on his way to 500.500 homers used to be the mark for hof status.he still plays but surely hof material
That number seemed high , so i looked it up. My google says Kris Bryant has a total of 181 Homers for his career.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s funny is I could name another AL third baseman from the same era who also never made an All Star team (I learned of this playing Immaculate Grid) who also dealt with a slew of injuries. This player’s career WAR is 14 points higher than Koskie’s.

Eric Chavez.
That kind of surprises me that Chavez never made it, due to all of those gold gloves.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moises Alou is remembered too much for Bartman…

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All-star appearances is all you got apparently… 14 year major leaguer and one-time MVP Morneau had only a marginally better career WAR in spite of > than 2000 extra plate appearances.

I already said 936 hits dude.

let's say that again

936 hits

let's take someone who has elite stuff but didn't compile fuck all because he is always hurt and didn't start until 26 in DeGrom. Now he's in the hall of very good simply because he's never healthy

Corie Koskie was never even given a GG (granted chavez) much less seen as an elite player for even one season

I can't believe this is even a discussion.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kind of surprises me that Chavez never made it, due to all of those gold gloves.
Yeah, he must have had one of the most impressive trajectories ever for a guy who never made one, a conceivable future Hall of Famer (as in less than a 10% chance I’m guessing) in his prime.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said 936 hits dude.

let's say that again

936 hits

let's take someone who has elite stuff but didn't compile fuck all because he is always hurt and didn't start until 26 in DeGrom. Now he's in the hall of very good simply because he's never healthy

Corie Koskie was never even given a GG (granted chavez) much less seen as an elite player for even one season

I can't believe this is even a discussion.
At least be consistent, dude. You slam Koskie but pump up Michael Young??? Young has had MORE THAN DOUBLE of Koskie’s career plate appearances yet his career WAR is all of 0.1 points higher…lol. Observe Koskie’s 2001 season alms then tell me that’s not elite third base production. The reason he got shafted at the time was because the Twins were on the verge of contraction and hadn’t been relevant for a decade.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he must have had one of the most impressive trajectories ever for a guy who never made one, a conceivable future Hall of Famer (as in less than a 10% chance I’m guessing) in his prime.
I probably would have given him more than that…

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least be consistent, dude. You slam Koskie but pump up Michael Young??? Young has had MORE THAN DOUBLE of Koskie’s career plate appearances yet his career WAR is all of 0.1 points higher…lol. Observe Koskie’s 2001 season alms then tell me that’s not elite third base production. The reason he got shafted at the time was because the Twins were on the verge of contraction and hadn’t been relevant for a decade.

War is a very flawed stat when taken out of context

you tell me

would the Twins rather have had 4 years of Koskie at his peak or Michael Young who for 14 seasons was among the most durable and consistent in the league.

Javier Baez had almost 14 War over 2 years

Do you think Detroit would prefer him over many other options?

You started a good topic and led with some dude who played all of FOUR seasons over 130 games

had we brought him up on page 5 this is a totally different conversation

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Tigers fan I wouldn't even mention Travis Fryman here and he's got a hell of a lot better case than Corey Koskie.

35 War too lol

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don,t understand why dale murphy has not been nominated to the hof.he just hit 398 hrs but was a great player in atlanta.