• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players you think should be in HOF but aren't

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spud Webb.

HOF criteria should be adjusted for anyone below 5'8.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all agree that college shouldn't count for the hall of fame with the exception of women players who played before the creation of the WNBA? I think there is a separate college basketball hall of fame now (but it isn't famous yet). It seems wrong that Ralph Sampson is in the same hall of fame as Michael Jordan, Bill Russell, and other greats.

Also, winning a men's basketball Olympic gold medal on Team USA shouldn't help your case if your gold medal is from 1992 or afterwards. Team USA is supposed to win the gold medal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say C. Webb doesn't belong in the HOF.

But I also want Charles Woodson (damn great player) kicked outta Canton.

So I might be just a little biased.

I don’t know man.

CWebb was so good.

Seems a bit ironic to say this since his primary position was PF, but was a decent sized part of the movement to positionless basketball. One of the best passing big men to ever play the game.

Was definitely one of the top 5 players in the league at his peak.

I say he deserves in based on his NBA resume.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all agree that college shouldn't count for the hall of fame with the exception of women players who played before the creation of the WNBA? I think there is a separate college basketball hall of fame now (but it isn't famous yet). It seems wrong that Ralph Sampson is in the same hall of fame as Michael Jordan, Bill Russell, and other greats.

Also, winning a men's basketball Olympic gold medal on Team USA shouldn't help your case if your gold medal is from 1992 or afterwards. Team USA is supposed to win the gold medal.
I like that it is just a basketball hall of fame. One place to see all the greats in the sport regardless of level, gender, player, coach. I'd say, sure, have different wings, and you can be in more than one, but I like the unification of the game.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard of player X, so he/she doesn't belong is such a copout argument.

Never said titles shouldn't matter, but those that want to give Doucheman a free ride for running his mouth and having four rings need to tap the breaks a bit.

He needs to wait his turn.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that it is just a basketball hall of fame. One place to see all the greats in the sport regardless of level, gender, player, coach. I'd say, sure, have different wings, and you can be in more than one, but I like the unification of the game.
So you agree KJ should be in? My argument is that one needs to look at all factors and not just rings. It'd be different is this was the GOAT debate...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw World B. Free is not in. He may have a case over Randy Smith even though he was a bit of an empty stats guy.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree KJ should be in? My argument is that one needs to look at all factors and not just rings. It'd be different is this was the GOAT debate...
As I’ve stated previously, I think KJ is a borderline case. I’m not outraged if he gets in or if he doesn’t. It is a close call. If pushed one way or the other I’d say probably say no, but I don’t actually get a vote.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard of player X, so he/she doesn't belong is such a copout argument.

Never said titles shouldn't matter, but those that want to give Doucheman a free ride for running his mouth and having four rings need to tap the breaks a bit.

He needs to wait his turn.
It really isn’t a cop out argument on this board. Almost every poster on this board knows basketball well enough that they have at least heard of players who deserve to be in the HOF even if they never saw them play.
But to humor you I looked up Smith. Two time all star, one the all star mvp, and playing a lot of games in a row. Got it. Played a lot above the rim. Sounds very good, but HOF? C’mon man! It isn’t even close.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really isn’t a cop out argument on this board. Almost every poster on this board knows basketball well enough that they have at least heard of players who deserve to be in the HOF even if they never saw them play.
But to humor you I looked up Smith. Two time all star, one the all star mvp, and playing a lot of games in a row. Got it. Played a lot above the rim. Sounds very good, but HOF? C’mon man! It isn’t even close.
I think the year was 2007 back when we were on CBS doing the ATMD shit. I made a vote against someone's team explaining I didn't know who Walt Bellamy was.

My vote didn't count. Fellow posters were pissed at me.

I was 19 then and I've evolved. That was my excuse. We're all grown ass men now and that excuse didn't float then and it shouldn't float today.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I’ve stated previously, I think KJ is a borderline case. I’m not outraged if he gets in or if he doesn’t. It is a close call. If pushed one way or the other I’d say probably say no, but I don’t actually get a vote.
Often overlooked fact: KJ and the Suns ended Pat Riley's run with the Lakers. Lakers won 63 games in 89-90 and Phoenix ousted them in the second round. Barkley was not on that team yet and was still in Philly.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the year was 2007 back when we were on CBS doing the ATMD shit. I made a vote against someone's team explaining I didn't know who Walt Bellamy was.

My vote didn't count. Fellow posters were pissed at me.

I was 19 then and I've evolved. That was my excuse. We're all grown ass men now and that excuse didn't float then and it shouldn't float today.
Comparing apples and oranges. First off, as you point out, you were very young at the time. When voting on games for the all time mock draft you need to understand the lineup to give a reasonable vote for a team. For the HOF, if you ain’t heard of them they likely don’t belong (if you have been around the block a little more than a 19 year old).

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Often overlooked fact: KJ and the Suns ended Pat Riley's run with the Lakers. Lakers won 63 games in 89-90 and Phoenix ousted them in the second round. Barkley was not on that team yet and was still in Philly.
Remind me, what year did Kareem retire?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing apples and oranges. First off, as you point out, you were very young at the time. When voting on games for the all time mock draft you need to understand the lineup to give a reasonable vote for a team. For the HOF, if you ain’t heard of them they likely don’t belong (if you have been around the block a little more than a 19 year old).
I maintain, you and tlance made this thread more personal than I ever did.

I think KJ and Smith should be in the HOF. That’s a just one man’s opinion. Shoot, I’d put Jerry Stackhouse in the HOF even though literally no one else would. Again, personal opinion.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I maintain, you and tlance made this thread more personal than I ever did.

I think KJ and Smith should be in the HOF. That’s a just one man’s opinion. Shoot, I’d put Jerry Stackhouse in the HOF even though literally no one else would. Again, personal opinion.
Ok sure but then why the butthurt over the OPINIONS of the responders? Randy Smith is a pretty aggressive pick, that you think we should all go "oh yeah of course, good one" is absurd. Loosen up already.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not against other, specific halls. If there is money to create basketball museums, by all means, put up more basketball museums.

But I’m with you, real cool there is a HOF for the game. The whole game.