• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mickey was right

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY, DC, IMO 70-63 AINT football, you said you liked it, great, you are welcome to like what you want, as am I. I just for the life of me do not understand how a guy can say that fumbles are on the coach, then two years later say they are on the player.............. How many times during 2010 did we lose a game due to turnovers, Clarke fumbling, etc and Slaton, Lambert, and yes BB rant and rave about "high and tight" being taught. THEN say it is multiple kids fault for fielding punts inside the five, rather than a coaching issue???????? I have said that Holgorsen has a LOT to learn, I did not say fire him, I did not call him names like many did our previous coach. I HAVE and WILL continue to call for Efore to be fired, I think he is a poor coach and is a cancer on any part of our team he touches.:suds:

Slaton10 can speak for himself, but I never saw him comment about the fumbling issues under Bill Stewart in this manner.

I know I never posted about the fumbles under Bill Stewart in that manner either.

Lambert used to talk about fumbles as a coaching issue.

Lambert does not post here.

Please provide a thorough list of posters who poured piss...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday, Dad said Cook was singled out last year for his poor play.

I don't remember anyone posting that either.

Dad, did you read the link I provided for you about Darwin Cook?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday, Dad said Cook was singled out last year for his poor play.

I don't remember anyone posting that either.

Dad, did you read the link I provided for you about Darwin Cook?

Did you read the link I provided about the fact that his production fell off between his Soph and Jr years??? You would think that a good player like Cook would have had HUGE impact last year as crappy as the rest of the defense was. Last years defense was hobbled by shitty coaching, PERIOD. I DID NOT say he played poorly last year, I said his production fell off from 2011 to 2012. HUGE difference.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the link I provided about the fact that his production fell off between his Soph and Jr years??? You would think that a good player like Cook would have had HUGE impact last year as crappy as the rest of the defense was. Last years defense was hobbled by shitty coaching, PERIOD. I DID NOT say he played poorly last year, I said his production fell off from 2011 to 2012. HUGE difference.

Yeah... I read your link.

He explains why he was benched in the article I provided. You think his benching might have something to do with his production falling off last year?

What does that do to your argument?

You seriously crack me up...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton10 can speak for himself, but I never saw him comment about the fumbling issues under Bill Stewart in this manner.

I know I never posted about the fumbles under Bill Stewart in that manner either.

Lambert used to talk about fumbles as a coaching issue.

Lambert does not post here.

Please provide a thorough list of posters who poured piss...

Since he is referring to 'pour piss' on BS, I think he is referring to me. I had always felt that a coach should be evaluated after his third to fourth season to allow his players to play for the program. With the change of conference, I feel DH should be given more time to get kids that can compete at a Big XII level.

As far as running off BS, I didn't like the hire from the get go, but I also felt that he should be given at least 3 to 4 years to keep the program going. BS was given better players during his tenure within the BE and recruited a few good player that were able to transition into the Big XII for DH. I never said to run BS out of town and honestly felt that he was out of his league or did not have the offensive staff to produce good results. I have no clue where Jeff Mullens is today, but I haven't heard his name come up on anybody's short or long list. Look at the turnaround on D already this year. Last year, these kids could not make a play on the ball. I do not have a concern about the entire special teams, just the punting game. This is something that can be fixed and should be seen within the next game. I feel that fumbles can be coached out. High and tight is the mantra for any RB and 2 hands on the ball is the mantra when a RB is traffic. Phil Simms demonstrated this just this Sunday. If the RB cannot do this, then a new RB needs to be installed (the ultimate coaching).

You're starting to make those same blanket statements again and casting the broad net hoping to catch something. BB and DC are correct. Stewmustgo, Jimmiepens, and a few others are not on this board. Lambert finally gave in around the beginning of the BS third season. Poppy, you do not have to like DH or his coaching style nor do you have to like what college football has turned into, but you will not get Nehlen, Bowden, or BS back. If you liked RRs teams, then you like the higher scoring than you profess. There are hardly any 7-6 scores in D-1 ball. No 3 yards and a cloud of dust. The spread, pistol, gun, jet, etc. is in vogue now and is slowly migrating into the NFL.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he is referring to 'pour piss' on BS, I think he is referring to me. I had always felt that a coach should be evaluated after his third to fourth season to allow his players to play for the program. With the change of conference, I feel DH should be given more time to get kids that can compete at a Big XII level.

As far as running off BS, I didn't like the hire from the get go, but I also felt that he should be given at least 3 to 4 years to keep the program going. BS was given better players during his tenure within the BE and recruited a few good player that were able to transition into the Big XII for DH. I never said to run BS out of town and honestly felt that he was out of his league or did not have the offensive staff to produce good results. I have no clue where Jeff Mullens is today, but I haven't heard his name come up on anybody's short or long list. Look at the turnaround on D already this year. Last year, these kids could not make a play on the ball. I do not have a concern about the entire special teams, just the punting game. This is something that can be fixed and should be seen within the next game. I feel that fumbles can be coached out. High and tight is the mantra for any RB and 2 hands on the ball is the mantra when a RB is traffic. Phil Simms demonstrated this just this Sunday. If the RB cannot do this, then a new RB needs to be installed (the ultimate coaching).

You're starting to make those same blanket statements again and casting the broad net hoping to catch something. BB and DC are correct. Stewmustgo, Jimmiepens, and a few others are not on this board. Lambert finally gave in around the beginning of the BS third season. Poppy, you do not have to like DH or his coaching style nor do you have to like what college football has turned into, but you will not get Nehlen, Bowden, or BS back. If you liked RRs teams, then you like the higher scoring than you profess. There are hardly any 7-6 scores in D-1 ball. No 3 yards and a cloud of dust. The spread, pistol, gun, jet, etc. is in vogue now and is slowly migrating into the NFL.
Mad, yes at times I may group people together unfairly, sorry, but I am an old fart and do not remember which ex CBS posters said exactly what. Go back and look at the scores during the Fraud years, and I think you will be surprised at a lot of scores, yes the PERCEPTION was a ton of points, but there were more than just a few 21-17 type games when he was here. You are dead on about scores going up, even the SEC teams are scoring tons now!!!! I like to see more defense, I LOVE hard hitting, smothering defense, I loved watching how hard the WVU defense played the last two weeks!!!!! If the defense keeps getting better, I will be won over to Holgorsen, as he will have realized there is more to football than just throwing the ball around, I am already liking Patterson!!!!!!

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the Boots out WVU DAD is feeling the board up with his sh-t. I would bet his wife left him years ago. One sad case that's for sure

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad, yes at times I may group people together unfairly, sorry, but I am an old fart and do not remember which ex CBS posters said exactly what. Go back and look at the scores during the Fraud years, and I think you will be surprised at a lot of scores, yes the PERCEPTION was a ton of points, but there were more than just a few 21-17 type games when he was here. You are dead on about scores going up, even the SEC teams are scoring tons now!!!! I like to see more defense, I LOVE hard hitting, smothering defense, I loved watching how hard the WVU defense played the last two weeks!!!!! If the defense keeps getting better, I will be won over to Holgorsen, as he will have realized there is more to football than just throwing the ball around, I am already liking Patterson!!!!!!

Yeah one thing I do hate for sure was that last year when the Big 12 was very good all of our games were non defensive games, this year the SEC is doing the same thing and it is great football. I guess it helps to have ESPN to spin your games for you.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah one thing I do hate for sure was that last year when the Big 12 was very good all of our games were non defensive games, this year the SEC is doing the same thing and it is great football. I guess it helps to have ESPN to spin your games for you.
I get you there, no matter what SEC teams do, it is great football in the eyes of ESPN!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you there, no matter what SEC teams do, it is great football in the eyes of ESPN!!!!

Compare Bama to K ST last year as far as toughness of schedule. K St played in the toughest conf IMO, played more winning teams 9(8-1), and lost to the number 1 offense in the country...Bama gets beat by a freshman at home, played 5 winning teams (4-1) yet they are given the nod...timing of L's is crap in my opinion.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare Bama to K ST last year as far as toughness of schedule. K St played in the toughest conf IMO, played more winning teams 9(8-1), and lost to the number 1 offense in the country...Bama gets beat by a freshman at home, played 5 winning teams (4-1) yet they are given the nod...timing of L's is crap in my opinion.
Yea, look at this weeks polls, the one loss SEC teams, even the ones with OOC losses are above undefeated teams who have played tougher teams!!!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, look at this weeks polls, the one loss SEC teams, even the ones with OOC losses are above undefeated teams who have played tougher teams!!!!!!

Ga stands out the most...Ville is going to get jumped all year...but FSU getting jumped it stupid...I come fromt he school of you have to lose to drop, but I guess that is why they do not give me a vote.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jgb, and this to you, not anybody else, please don't make caustic remarks, about anybody, please. I have seen no change in their attitudes with it, and honestly, you belittle yourself more than them. You have, and make good common sense statements here, very often, so just leave it alone. I get tired of it too, and go off, but it never stops those who choose to be a cancer to these boards. They are never going to change, there will always be the defense of "what was" and who supported what, and why they don't feel that way about this time. It is truly a pathetic rant based on some mythical offense by people, that until they joined this blog, did not know each other, have no idea their background, but render opinion based on some statement made in a public forum. It is problematic in our social forums in every facet of life, a war of stupid words. I wish we could just get to a point of talking about the current program WITHOUT comparing it to something in the past. I maintain that NOTHING of any past team, coach or conference, has a single drop to do with the right now present team representing the interests of all Mountaineer fans on the field of play, and the constant immaturity of some individuals is oft times intolerable, but I promise, it is done to be divisive to the point of stupidity, and to provoke a response, and most of it cannot be backed up with even an ounce of fact, just mind boggling babble for the sake of spewing hatred.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ga stands out the most...Ville is going to get jumped all year...but FSU getting jumped it stupid...I come fromt he school of you have to lose to drop, but I guess that is why they do not give me a vote.
At least UofL is rightfully getting jumped. They have ZERO top 25 opponents. It is a shame for them as the scheduling isn't really their fault. They've had to replace a lot of games and lost potential good opponents with conference realignment.The thing about UGA is they're 3-1 after playing three top 10 teams.

I don't know that it would matter. I keep thinking back to Okie Jr being jumped by Bama. Bama had a single win over a top 25 team while Okie Jr had 5. Then everyone came up with the excuse that Bama barely lost to LSU, where OSU lost to Iowa State. The spin doctors say whatever they need to in order to get what they want.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least UofL is rightfully getting jumped. They have ZERO top 25 opponents. It is a shame for them as the scheduling isn't really their fault. They've had to replace a lot of games and lost potential good opponents with conference realignment.The thing about UGA is they're 3-1 after playing three top 10 teams.

I don't know that it would matter. I keep thinking back to Okie Jr being jumped by Bama. Bama had a single win over a top 25 team while Okie Jr had 5. Then everyone came up with the excuse that Bama barely lost to LSU, where OSU lost to Iowa State. The spin doctors say whatever they need to in order to get what they want.
I have always thought it is the most ridiculous thing in the world to crown a "champion" of anything by a popularity vote. Polls are fun to talk about, argue the merits of one team over another, etc. But for an undefeated team that wins all their games handily over PERCEIVED weaker competition to be passed over by a team with two losses would be a travesty.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UofL's schedule is not PERCEIVED to be weak. they have played ONE team with a winning record thus far. 0-4 Temple is next. Assuming that the bottom doesn't fall out for some of the teams on their slate, they will only play FOUR TEAMS that finish about .500. A lot of this can change in the future, but the bottom line is that perception does matter.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UofL's schedule is not PERCEIVED to be weak. they have played ONE team with a winning record thus far. 0-4 Temple is next. Assuming that the bottom doesn't fall out for some of the teams on their slate, they will only play FOUR TEAMS that finish about .500. A lot of this can change in the future, but the bottom line is that perception does matter.
MAC, what gets me is that a team, UL in this case beats that weak schedule like a drum, and is poo pooed as unworthy of any higher ranking, BUT tOSU playing a weak schedule is forgiven because they play in the "mighty" B11!!!! UCF is as strong as anyone in the B11 except tOSU and UM!!!!!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with you there. It's just like Bama being #2 ahead of Okie Jr. Bama didn't beat anybody to get there, but was heralded because their loss was better than Okie Jr.'s.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with you there. It's just like Bama being #2 ahead of Okie Jr. Bama didn't beat anybody to get there, but was heralded because their loss was better than Okie Jr.'s.

I agree with you. I remember debating that topic on CBS with a bunch of pro-BCS and SEC homers. When did the voters switch to analyzing a team's losses... over their wins?

Only when it involved a SEC team... that is when.

As for the current UofL situation... if they go and have an undefeated season this year, I believe it mirrors some of the undefeated seasons of non-AQ teams we have seen in the past. While it is hard not to look at the '04 Utah team, the '10 TCU team, and some of the BSU undefeated teams and say their record is less than worthy... it is true that playing a stronger SOS takes its toll, and a 1-loss team may be more deserving.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. I remember debating that topic on CBS with a bunch of pro-BCS and SEC homers. When did the voters switch to analyzing a team's losses... over their wins?

Only when it involved a SEC team... that is when.

As for the current UofL situation... if they go and have an undefeated season this year, I believe it mirrors some of the undefeated seasons of non-AQ teams we have seen in the past. While it is hard not to look at the '04 Utah team, the '10 TCU team, and some of the BSU undefeated teams and say their record is less than worthy... it is true that playing a stronger SOS takes its toll, and a 1-loss team may be more deserving.

ONE loss SEC team > UND UL, TWO loss SEC team < UND UL