• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mickey was right

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brunetti was, what does that have to do with now, he left WVU for the same reason that Trickett left FSU. YES, Holgorsen IS responsible for the QB situation in YEAR THREE!!!!!!! I only refer to Stewart when others start THEIR nonsense. I refer to the team that I see on the field NOW.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be an Obama voter. Five years from now, I guess every loss will STILL be Stewart's fault???????????:gaah: THESE coaches have been here three years, and are supposed to be offensive gurus. Why have they NOT recruited a QB for THEIR system??:wtf2: Holgorsen was left with some pretty damned good players, Efore fucked up the defense last year, and Patterson is fixing it now. The problem last year with the defense was COACHING, NOT talent.

The problem with the defense last year certainly involved the defensive coaching. Changes were made to help. But, it also involved young, inexperienced players forced into playing action before they were ready.

An issue facing the offensive side of the ball this year.

Dana has had two recruiting classes... please don't forget that with your rant...

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, quick question, was Holgerson NOT involved at all for the 2010 recruiting class? I'm probably seriously mis-informed here, but I thought he was, at least from the offensive side of the ball. Enlighten me, please!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brunetti was, what does that have to do with now, he left WVU for the same reason that Trickett left FSU. YES, Holgorsen IS responsible for the QB situation in YEAR THREE!!!!!!! I only refer to Stewart when others start THEIR nonsense. I refer to the team that I see on the field NOW.

I never know if you're just trying to mess with posters... or... that you're being serious. I ask myself this because you will reply with some well researched thought out posts at times... then you'll write a post like this one.

You are correct... there was Brunetti and Johnson brought in at the same time. Both left. Their departure affects the NOW. Either of these QB's would be playing their senior or RS Jr season of football for the Mountaineers had either or both of them stayed.

What is interesting to me is that Dana arrived in Morgantown with a QB recruit in the 2011 class by the name of Brian Athey. But, outside of Brian... there was no one else available behind Geno. So, they brought Paul Millard in as well... to add depth to the position. A smart move if you ask me. Brian must not have liked his prospects at WVU... because he transferred to Illinois State to be their QB of the future after only 2 days of spring practice.

So, Dana was left with Geno and a true freshman to be his QB's in 2011.

Brian is now playing TE for the Redbirds.

In the 2012 class, Dana recruited Ford.

In 2013 he recruited the kid out of Pittsburgh....Chavas Rawlins... who made an Athey like decision during spring camp at left for Duquense.

Dana has a plan to recruit one QB per class. So, he is responsible for not filling last year's class after Rawlins left the team and transferred to another school, but it is tough for me to say he is responsible for the QB situation... NOW.

The QB situation developed over the span of two different staffs. But, the void Dana was left with was not his fault.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, quick question, was Holgerson NOT involved at all for the 2010 recruiting class? I'm probably seriously mis-informed here, but I thought he was, at least from the offensive side of the ball. Enlighten me, please!

Dana arrived on staff after his Okie St team played their bowl game against 'Zona in 2010. That was a late December game, so I don't think he started until after the new year.

I only remember him and some of his offensive coaches getting their hands on a few boys so late in the 2011 recruiting class... which was his first at WVU... while he was still the HCIW... OC.

He and his staff brought in Garrison, Buie, Millard... maybe a couple of others. The offensive staff's additions were not until Jan. 2011... so, hard for them to have a real impact on national signing day... the first Wednesday of February.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
, Efore fucked up the defense last year, and Patterson is fixing it now. The problem last year with the defense was COACHING, NOT talent.

Now now we all know that it is not as simple as this..Patterson was a good change and the coaching helps...but a year experience also helps and depth also helps...if you throw Patterson in as DC last year they may have been a bit better, but they would have still struggled due to the other issues..IMO

DH was left with a few gems, but not much more than that....thought we already covered this in the other thread.:wtf2:

One more thing DH has really only had two classes, he got here during the first one but it was not his team until June...just saying...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By beating Okie St, doesn't it guarantee that this season will not be the worst in 53 years? Or, will it be a matter of just the number of wins and losses you two will use?
Beating two FCS schools and Okie State really doesn't secure anything for me. Of course we still don't know what happens down the road. What if Okie Jr finishes 7th or 8th in conference? And if we lose to Kansas and Iowa State? That would certainly rate as the worst season in my memory in any case. Even though I only expected a 4 win season doesn't mean it's not a horrid year should that come to pass. Just that I understand and expected it. Anything over 4 wins this year will be a successful season to me for this season, regardless of where the team ranks all-time.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the Garrison kid signing because I lived in Pearland, Texas, and had watched that young man from his days in the Dad's Club Youth Football League for which I was a sponsor. I was at his signing at the high school.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you freakin' serious???
MAD, when there is BS such as the cupboard bare talk I WILL speak to it, Look at Cook for example, good defender in 2011, did he forget how to play defense last year, then suddenly remember how to play now? I am very much serious, MAD, until people try to blame shortcomings of this staff on the previous one, or tries to say NOW that clock issues are no big deal, that fumbles cant be coached out, etc after blaming the previous coaching staff for those very things.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAD, when there is BS such as the cupboard bare talk I WILL speak to it, Look at Cook for example, good defender in 2011, did he forget how to play defense last year, then suddenly remember how to play now? .

You realize he had a solid individual season last year?

Arguement can go both ways....it was bare, but what was left was solid....just not enough to carry a team or to keep it up long term.

We are building solid depth should be good in the upcoming seasons.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize he had a solid individual season last year?

Arguement can go both ways....it was bare, but what was left was solid....just not enough to carry a team or to keep it up long term.

We are building solid depth should be good in the upcoming seasons.
YOU realize he was less effective in 2012 than 2011, don't you? Shouldnt a guy do BETTER his junior season than his sophomore season?????? Efore was a complete disaster at DC, and while there were depth issues, the lack of effective coaching was a MUCH bigger problem.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU realize he was less effective in 2012 than 2011, don't you? Shouldnt a guy do BETTER his junior season than his sophomore season?????? Efore was a complete disaster at DC, and while there were depth issues, the lack of effective coaching was a MUCH bigger problem.

Was he? What stat can you point to that he himself was less effective?Stat wise he was just as good his soph year than jr....so please tell me how you can measure his effectiveness...the whole defense stunk as a whole so please point to his individual effectiveness and how you measured it.

Obviously coaching was a issue...along with depth and inexperience. Nothing in this game has one cause or one effect...but a calibration of influences. Just saying.

More to the point on the defense you are saying he was so effective in there were two Soph playing, the rest were Jrs and SRs. Much like those guys had a positive effect on D Cook, he is having that same effect on the guys this year.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he? What stat can you point to that he himself was less effective?Stat wise he was just as good his soph year than jr....so please tell me how you can measure his effectiveness...the whole defense stunk as a whole so please point to his individual effectiveness and how you measured it.

Obviously coaching was a issue...along with depth and inexperience. Nothing in this game has one cause or one effect...but a calibration of influences. Just saying.

More to the point on the defense you are saying he was so effective in there were two Soph playing, the rest were Jrs and SRs. Much like those guys had a positive effect on D Cook, he is having that same effect on the guys this year.

Darwin Cook take a look, DC, better stats all the way around in 2011, IF he was receiving effective coaching in 2012, he would have had better stats. :gaah:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darwin Cook take a look, DC, better stats all the way around in 2011, IF he was receiving effective coaching in 2012, he would have had better stats. :gaah:

He missed one game last year and had what 10 less tackles....had more tackles for loss and a sack in 2012 than 2011 does that mean that staff taught better ways to tackle behind the line..lol. He had a solid individual year is all I am saying.

I will say again, nothing in this sport has one cause and effect...coaching, inexperience, and depth have influence on his stats.

:gaah:All you want, it was not just coaching....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He missed one game last year and had what 10 less tackles....had more tackles for loss and a sack in 2012 than 2011 does that mean that staff taught better ways to tackle behind the line..lol. He had a solid individual year is all I am saying.

I will say again, nothing in this sport has one cause and effect...coaching, inexperience, and depth have influence on his stats.

:gaah:All you want, it was not just coaching....
DC, with the piss poor play of the defense overall, dont you think a player like him would have had MUCH better stats last year? He was one singled out last year as being an example of a lack of talent???

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you are taking this stance against me because you think I am saying coaching was fine or because that is arguement you are having with others..but that is not what I am saying at all...I am just saying poor coaching was not the only influence on the defense last year and while we had a horrible year D Cook had a solid individual season.

More important Paull Millard was only healthy QB at practice today.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you ever played any organized sports? Not just football, but anything? Do you even have a clue what happens when a coaching staff is changed? DeForrest did not handle the DC position well at all, but to have that side of the ball rotate numerous young players did not help either. DC hit it on the head, they may have been a little better, but nothing like this.

When you open your eyes and see what is going on instead of always attempting to defend FHCBS against everything people post, then maybe you will have clue with what is going on. Quit trying to compare the BE to the Big XII. Not even close to being the same in talent. NOT EVEN CLOSE. As far as your beloved cupboard, 5 cups in the cupboard does not make it a full cupboard. Transition into a new league and transition of coaching staffs have something to do with it. The QB coach that left last year may have (not a definite) made a difference in our current QB situation. Maybe (not a definite) they would have been better prepared to compete this year. But go ahead and put on your blinders and blame it on HCDH. After all, he is the HC and all blame should be heaped on him.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, with the piss poor play of the defense overall, dont you think a player like him would have had MUCH better stats last year? He was one singled out last year as being an example of a lack of talent???

Well he missed one game and was only ten tackles behind the year before....you can have stats that are not better than the year before and still influence the D.

Who pointed him out as lack of talent, I certainly did not....