• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mickey was right

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the great win today, seeing the best defensive effort in a while,:clap: watching with excitement as the game went on and WVU maintained a lead, I scratched my head watching Trickett play QB, he is CLEARLY the best of the three,:gaah: who was grading the QBs in preseason?:wtf2: The three items needing a LOT of work to get a decent season are STs- still horrible, DO NOT FIELD PUNTS AT THE THREE!!!!!!!! OL we have decent backs, but can not run the ball, and our QBs are getting hammered every play, coaching on offense- the clock management is ridiculous, this game could have been in the books as a win a LOT sooner than it was. TOs still being wasted. GREAT win, congrats to our guys!!!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mickey said this year's team could be the worst in the last 53 years of WVU football.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the great win today, seeing the best defensive effort in a while,:clap: watching with excitement as the game went on and WVU maintained a lead, I scratched my head watching Trickett play QB, he is CLEARLY the best of the three,:gaah: who was grading the QBs in preseason?:wtf2: The three items needing a LOT of work to get a decent season are STs- still horrible, DO NOT FIELD PUNTS AT THE THREE!!!!!!!! OL we have decent backs, but can not run the ball, and our QBs are getting hammered every play, coaching on offense- the clock management is ridiculous, this game could have been in the books as a win a LOT sooner than it was. TOs still being wasted. GREAT win, congrats to our guys!!!!

I have to believe that it has just been a mental issue and learning the offense in practice because he adds another dimension and had good rhythm at times no doubt about it. I still like Ford long term but Im not sure he is ready without a stud OLine in front of him right now, and we SHO don't have that! As far as the rest I agree including the clock management at the end, ridiculous, I've seen plenty of games lost because of stupid mistakes like that from coaching staffs. Lets hope it gets addressed and corrected. "Special" Teams returns? I am at a loss as to how Lane Kiffin can be let go mid season and DeForest cant. Fire the bum already!:gaah:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GoldRusher;3707674 [QUOTE said:
I have to believe that it has just been a mental issue and learning the offense
in practice because he adds another dimension and had good rhythm at times no
doubt about it. I still like Ford long term but Im not sure he is ready without
a stud OLine in front of him right now, and we SHO don't have that! As far as
the rest I agree including the clock management at the end, ridiculous, I've
seen plenty of games lost because of stupid mistakes like that from coaching
staffs. Lets hope it gets addressed and corrected. "Special" Teams returns? I am
at a loss as to how Lane Kiffin can be let go mid season and DeForest cant. Fire
the bum already!:gaah:
[/QUOTE]
I just do not know why Holgorsen is holding onto Efore, the guy is useless!!!!! Bite the bullet and can him. He had a two year contract, so WVU is only on the hook for his pay through this season, he is being paid for nothing now, so why not get rid of him.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than being a little more mobile than the other two QB's, I am not sure how anyone could say Trickett is "CLEARLY" the best of the three.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, Trickett is the most comfortable back there. He's shown the most poise and downright guts. With this O-line, that's very important. We all saw how Childress folded under pressure against UMD. Sure, he's young and I'm sure that he will get better with experience. And while Childress seems to have a stronger arm, Clint is more accurate. (I know, he's not that accurate either)

I don't think it's a wide margin, but I do think it's clear that Trickett is the best QB. I also think it's clear that Childress is a better option than Millard, who is neither accurate, poised nor possesses a strong arm.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trickett is by far, the best of the 3 QB's on this team, maybe not in completion percentage, or even overall talent, BUT, he has two very important traits, CHARACTER and HEART. Those are the things that make winners. The job of this offense now is to protect him. He cannot continue to endure the hits he took Saturday. If he is not protected, and he gets injured beyond his ability to get up and shake it off, we will most certainly revert back to the lackluster performance levels at the QB position.

The growth of this team was just immeasurable Saturday, in ALL phases. The inspiration of every single player, on and off the field, raised even the bleakest fans impression, it had to. Yes there are area's that need improvement, special teams are a very worrisome sore, for all of us. I too am perplexed at DeForest, he does have some pretty hefty examples of past work with special teams, so is it the talent, or the coach? There are some things even the best coach can't teach. Awareness of where a player is ON the field seems to be a no brainer for most, but we seem to have guys that cannot distinguish the 20 yard line from the 5 yard line, can we blame that lack on a coach? We have witnessed head coaches in our past hold on to men on their staff for whom we thought needed to go, there is a loyalty level there, on every team. DeForest may be Holgerson's Waterloo, we will see.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trickett is by far, the best of the 3 QB's on this team, maybe not in completion percentage, or even overall talent, BUT, he has two very important traits, CHARACTER and HEART. Those are the things that make winners. The job of this offense now is to protect him. He cannot continue to endure the hits he took Saturday. If he is not protected, and he gets injured beyond his ability to get up and shake it off, we will most certainly revert back to the lackluster performance levels at the QB position.

The growth of this team was just immeasurable Saturday, in ALL phases. The inspiration of every single player, on and off the field, raised even the bleakest fans impression, it had to. Yes there are area's that need improvement, special teams are a very worrisome sore, for all of us. I too am perplexed at DeForest, he does have some pretty hefty examples of past work with special teams, so is it the talent, or the coach? There are some things even the best coach can't teach. Awareness of where a player is ON the field seems to be a no brainer for most, but we seem to have guys that cannot distinguish the 20 yard line from the 5 yard line, can we blame that lack on a coach? We have witnessed head coaches in our past hold on to men on their staff for whom we thought needed to go, there is a loyalty level there, on every team. DeForest may be Holgerson's Waterloo, we will see.
I too wonder about that seemingly blind loyalty. A guy here at work was saying that maybe Efore has told Holgorsen that if he goes down, he will take him along too. Who knows the reasoning. I applaud loyalty, but Efore is doing nothing but harm. Maybe without the inducements he was giving at OSU, he cant get the kids to play???????????:noidea:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mickey said this year's team could be the worst in the last 53 years of WVU football.

It could be, OR it could be an average season, We will know in early December.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than being a little more mobile than the other two QB's, I am not sure how anyone could say Trickett is "CLEARLY" the best of the three.

If anyone watched the games, they could see that Trickett has a toughness, and desire that the other two lack. I will take a two star kid with toughness, heart, and desire over a four star prima dona ANY day.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry WVUDAD, but having looked at the source of the information about DeForest and OSU paying players, even I have to say, this is Big 12 sour grapes stuff. And having spent 33 years in Texas, the heart of Big 12 country, it goes on ALL the time, and never leads to anything. Other than the one season at OSU, Holgerson's time directly with DeForest was limited to a few summer camps and such. DeForest has nothing on our head coach.

What Deforest does have, is some pretty high regard within the Big 12 for bringing superior special teams play to the field, and as we are learning, a good offense and a good defense cannot sometimes overcome a poor special teams play. I am beginning to questions, seriously the level of player talent here, not the coach, and I'm not pointing a finger at any one player, but how do you NOT know where you are on the field? Please, you a college scholarship player, how can you not by now know the difference between the 20 yard line and the 5 yard line, AND, what to do in both places? That's not a coaching deficit, that is a player awareness deficit. Staying with a player who continually does these bonehead things IS a coaching fault, but what if he doesn't have anyone else that has shown even a hint of something more than what we use? Hmmm...interesting!!!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry WVUDAD, but having looked at the source of the information about DeForest and OSU paying players, even I have to say, this is Big 12 sour grapes stuff. And having spent 33 years in Texas, the heart of Big 12 country, it goes on ALL the time, and never leads to anything. Other than the one season at OSU, Holgerson's time directly with DeForest was limited to a few summer camps and such. DeForest has nothing on our head coach.

What Deforest does have, is some pretty high regard within the Big 12 for bringing superior special teams play to the field, and as we are learning, a good offense and a good defense cannot sometimes overcome a poor special teams play. I am beginning to questions, seriously the level of player talent here, not the coach, and I'm not pointing a finger at any one player, but how do you NOT know where you are on the field? Please, you a college scholarship player, how can you not by now know the difference between the 20 yard line and the 5 yard line, AND, what to do in both places? That's not a coaching deficit, that is a player awareness deficit. Staying with a player who continually does these bonehead things IS a coaching fault, but what if he doesn't have anyone else that has shown even a hint of something more than what we use? Hmmm...interesting!!!!!

That is exactly my point, Jim, it is NOT one guy on STs, it is the entire unit. Just as last years defense was the entire unit. Look at Cook, one of those guys who was called a bare cupboard, no talent guy. He played good defense in 2011, contributed in 2010, did little in 2012, but now is a heavy hitter, he was receiving ineffective coaching last year, same with several other defensive players last year, who got no better through 2012, but now are playing GREAT defense. I think Efore is overated as a coach in ANY capacity. Holgorsen fired the stock broker, and let Dunlap loose, and Efore is the last link in the horrible defense from 2012, and he has not shown me he can do anything with STs, either.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be, OR it could be an average season, We will know in early December.

By beating Okie St, doesn't it guarantee that this season will not be the worst in 53 years? Or, will it be a matter of just the number of wins and losses you two will use?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone watched the games, they could see that Trickett has a toughness, and desire that the other two lack. I will take a two star kid with toughness, heart, and desire over a four star prima dona ANY day.

Ford played the entire Maryland game with a torn pectoral muscle. You are claiming he isn't tough? Or, are you calling him a prima donna?

I think Clint looks more comfortable at times, but he clearly doesn't make all the throws... nor did he read the defense very well. He missed quite a few open receivers last Saturday.

But, I think he can improve with more reps and game experience.

IMO... none of them are clearly better than the others. One happens to do some things better than others. And, that is why none of them have clearly separated themselves.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By beating Okie St, doesn't it guarantee that this season will not be the worst in 53 years? Or, will it be a matter of just the number of wins and losses you two will use?
???? BB, if this team finishes 3-9, I would say that is right up there as a worst season in 53 years, REGARDLESS of who the three wins are against, OSU is NOT OU!!!!! Just a few years ago OSU was a very lousy team. AND as with UMD, we do not know how the season plays out for them. Personally, I think LAST year was a piss poor season, right up there on the list of sorry seasons, the overall W L record was not horrible, but to see the nosedive that occurred..........

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford played the entire Maryland game with a torn pectoral muscle. You are claiming he isn't tough? Or, are you calling him a prima donna?

I think Clint looks more comfortable at times, but he clearly doesn't make all the throws... nor did he read the defense very well. He missed quite a few open receivers last Saturday.

But, I think he can improve with more reps and game experience.

IMO... none of them are clearly better than the others. One happens to do some things better than others. And, that is why none of them have clearly separated themselves.

I guess the current coaching staff has left the cupboard bare for themselves, then if they have not recruited a decent QB these last three years :lol:

I think Childress has the most raw talent, and is obviously the QB for the future, BUT Trickett gives us the best shot at winning NOW. I was pleased to see the defense really play hard, they will keep us in a lot of games while the offense grows up.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the current coaching staff has left the cupboard bare for themselves, then if they have not recruited a decent QB these last three years :lol:

I think Childress has the most raw talent, and is obviously the QB for the future, BUT Trickett gives us the best shot at winning NOW. I was pleased to see the defense really play hard, they will keep us in a lot of games while the offense grows up.

How long has Dana been the HC? Where are the QB's that Billy brought in to WVU?

Why was Paul brought in to WVU? Who was playing behind Geno in 2010?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must be an Obama voter. Five years from now, I guess every loss will STILL be Stewart's fault???????????:gaah: THESE coaches have been here three years, and are supposed to be offensive gurus. Why have they NOT recruited a QB for THEIR system??:wtf2: Holgorsen was left with some pretty damned good players, Efore fucked up the defense last year, and Patterson is fixing it now. The problem last year with the defense was COACHING, NOT talent.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have moved on, BB, why the hell can't you?????

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have moved on, BB, why the hell can't you?????

You've moved on? Then why do you continue to refer to Billy's coaching record... or how close he was to having something special?

You inferred that Dana was responsible for the QB situation... which is partially true.

But, like always... if you post nonsense... I will call you out on it. Why don't you answer the question.... who was the QB behind Geno in 2010?

There was a follow-up question... why did Dana ask Paul to come to WVU so late in 2011 recruiting session?