• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan state AD: Shut up

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your argument for this year? They lost to Oregon on the road (a very difficult stadium to play in), and had a lead at halftime. They have won their other 5 games by an average of 36 points. They just had a win against a team now ranked #21. Oh nevermind, that isn't a good win, because

Can't argue that logic. And then you finish up by calling me a tool for pointing out the blatant lack of substance in your argument. A+ troll work.

Everything in your first post was about last year. Now you're talking about this year, which was what my argument was about. This year they haven't played up in big games, maybe they will. Right now I haven't seen anything that would make me hopeful about their chances of making the playoff, because I think they'll drop another one somewhere.

I'm sorry for calling you a tool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything in your first post was about last year. Now you're talking about this year, which was what my argument was about. This year they haven't played up in big games, maybe they will. Right now I haven't seen anything that would make me hopeful about their chances of making the playoff, because I think they'll drop another one somewhere.

Who do you see upsetting MSU? Looking @ the rest of their schedule I think they'll run the table.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously you haven't seen michigan state's schedule. Purdue Indiana Michigan; all easy games. Bye then Ohio State at home, tough. Then Maryland Rutgers, two more sheep. Last one is @Penn St.

Ohio State and then maybe CCG are the only games they can lose from here on out.

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you see upsetting MSU? Looking @ the rest of their schedule I think they'll run the table.

Ohio State and Penn State are capable of an upset, in my opinion

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the OSU/MSU game is going to be very close. OSU seems to be pulling their heads out of their asses and MSU looks really good right now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State and Penn State are capable of an upset, in my opinion

Of course I'd like to see Ohio State pull off the upset but I don't see that happening. And I'm not sold on PSU, it took 'em a while to put away Akron U. & their no-show against NW is cause for concern.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What game made you think Penn State was a legit contender for the conference title

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the record, the crappy product was about the state of the Big Ten in general, I stated I would like a conference revival, apparently even the appearance of possibly disparaging MSU was enough to hit a nerve...I have doubts about them, but I have Sparty at 12 in my poll, and they are within striking distance depending on how things go and if they really are good enough to run the table

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing big to Oregon, Nebraska sucks, sorry, and pummeling cream puffs...there's got to be more to life than that

Yeah, Missouri State(FCS,3-2), UTSA(1-4. 4 game losing streak), Texas Tech(2-3, 3 game losing streak), and Iowa State(1-4). They are tough!!!

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UTSA(1-4. 4 game losing streak)

...off topic post here, but how surprising is that? Most peoples little engine that could going into the season with its senior laden team, next big name in coaching etc...

Getting worked!

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the students and FANS leaving. It wasn't just the students. Michigan State fans wearing green in the good seats were leaving also.

Michigan State was DOMINATING Nebraska 27-3 defensively. It was not even close.

Ameer Abdullah was completely shutdown.

The Michigan State defensive front 7 lived in Nebraska's backfield.

Michigan State overcame their mistakes and kept stopping Nebraska, even though Nebraska had the ball five times on the Michigan State side of the field in the first half and scored squat.

The weather sucked.

No idea what the cost of food or cold drinks are at the stadium, but more than likely it is not cheap. Who wants a cold drink when the wind chill is around 30 degrees. Plus, you have to wait in line, blah blah blah.

Most fan bases would have left the game in those conditions.

Michigan State has sold nearly 62,000 season tickets, including selling 14,000 student tickets.

I am a diehard, and I would have stayed. But I could see people being there with "whiners"(kids, spouses, friends) that would keep whining about leaving. Those are the people you never go to games with again.

Just about all fan bases have this problem when the weather is crappy and the game is also.

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Missouri State(FCS,3-2), UTSA(1-4. 4 game losing streak), Texas Tech(2-3, 3 game losing streak), and Iowa State(1-4). They are tough!!!

OSU: Best loss, easy wins over, sucky as they may be, 2 conf opp and 2 warmup squads

Nebraska, has a worse loss, has played nobody else, and needed magic to beat McNeese St. by one score

I'd say OSU and Nebraska have fairly similar resumes, and we've already talked about it

If both pulled some miracle and ran the table they would be in the playoffs...we should enjoy that as long as it lasts

But both may very well lose some headstratchers. As is, Nebraska isn't a statement win

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, is that the assumption you make about everyone new? Who's alt am I?

You have no idea if I'm being serious or just joking. Why would you respond to that?

And no, I hardly ever make that assumption about new posters.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, is that the assumption you make about everyone new? Who's alt am I?

When you are a fan of a team that doesn't have any representation here and feel that you are trolling, then yes.

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are a fan of a team that doesn't have any representation here and feel that you are trolling, then yes.

Arguing over college football = trolling...grow a pair

And I think OSU is relevant enough now to have at least one fan