• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan football fans the most ‘arrogant’ fan base in college sports

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Paul Finebaum likes the University of Michigan...at least not the teams football fans.

ESPN analyst Paul Finebaum goes on a 2-minute rant lambasting University of Michigan football fans for being the most ‘arrogant’ fan base in college sports

Of course he is pretty consistent with his criticisms of Michigan as you can see his prediction from August... although I think LSU, Stanford, Tennessee, or Notre Dame would be ahead of Michigan for the most disappointing top 10 pre-season team this season: Finebaum: 'Michigan could be Top 10's most disappointing team'

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a supposedly educated guy, Paul is an idiot. You can't make general statements and be accurate at all. Michigan...and every other fan base...has a cross section just like the rest of 'em. Some are rabid, nuts, delusional, myopic, homer, sensible, sane, nice, etc...and yes, some are arrogant.

Michigan doesn't have any more of a monopoly on any of those groups than any one else.

But, outside of Leach, you do have to admit they have the craziest coach!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a supposedly educated guy, Paul is an idiot. You can't make general statements and be accurate at all. Michigan...and every other fan base...has a cross section just like the rest of 'em. Some are rabid, nuts, delusional, myopic, homer, sensible, sane, nice, etc...and yes, some are arrogant.

Michigan doesn't have any more of a monopoly on any of those groups than any one else.

But, outside of Leach, you do have to admit they have the craziest coach!
You must be new here.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Paul Finebaum likes the University of Michigan...at least not the teams football fans.

ESPN analyst Paul Finebaum goes on a 2-minute rant lambasting University of Michigan football fans for being the most ‘arrogant’ fan base in college sports

Of course he is pretty consistent with his criticisms of Michigan as you can see his prediction from August... although I think LSU, Stanford, Tennessee, or Notre Dame would be ahead of Michigan for the most disappointing top 10 pre-season team this season: Finebaum: 'Michigan could be Top 10's most disappointing team'
Doesn't he do this regarding Michigan fans like every 6 months? Shockingly, when you trash Michigan fans every two months they turn on you. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Being arrogant is not an insult to me. It's a sign of superiority. Finebaum is just sad that he's inferior to us.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news water is wet, fire is hot, and rock beats scissors.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't he do this regarding Michigan fans like every 6 months? Shockingly, when you trash Michigan fans every two months they turn on you. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Being arrogant is not an insult to me. It's a sign of superiority. Finebaum is just sad that he's inferior to us.

To all those thinking Finebaum might be mistaken on this subject, feel free to read the bolded

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But nothing beats rock!

Ya never understood the whole paper bears rock thing. Needs to be like rock scissors blow torch. Rock crushes scissors, blow torch melts rock, and scissors cuts blow torch's line

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a general rule, except for MaizeandBlue09's statement up above, I haven't experienced that much arrogance from the Michigan fans on this site. But it is possible some of them are beginning to take on the personality of their coach.

I tend to see more arrogance and baiting from some of the Ohio St. and Oklahoma fans on this site. Not all of them, but more than I do from UM.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a general rule, except for MaizeandBlue09's statement up above, I haven't experienced that much arrogance from the Michigan fans on this site. But it is possible some of them are beginning to take on the personality of their coach.

I tend to see more arrogance and baiting from some of the Ohio St. and Oklahoma fans on this site. Not all of them, but more than I do from UM.

They were pretty awful before Nov. 26th, then a lot of them calmed down and some even disappeared off the college board for some odd reason. I can't seem to find the significance of that date

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in all seriousness as a kid growing up through the 90s the Michigan fan base was bad...really bad. You would have thought they were on an Alabama type run with how high their chins were pointed up

EDIT: that doesn't take away from the fact that their are some good Michigan posters on here. I generally can find common ground with @Lions=TeHsUcKs @belcherboy and @Voltaire26 . Even @MAIZEandBLUE09 despite some of the stupid shit he spouts, always sticks around and takes his lumps and will stick to his guns. I can sorta respect that

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't finebaum say things for shock value fairly often whether he believes it or not? I mean he has this reputation for being a serious sports journalist, but he does seem to like to rile up his audience for ratings. He knows he needs people talking about him.

I mean he's not as bad as Bayliss, but he uses some of the same techniques he does.

Oh, and that doesn't mean he also isn't right. We have had our share of total douche nozzle Michigan fans up here. Not all so don't get indignant if you are one of their fans.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think there's any rival to ND's level of disappointment. Top 10 to oblivion. Stanford, TN and LSU had respectable seasons by comparison. Didn't Stanford very quietly get 10 wins?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finebaum talking about Michigan.

th (14).jpg