• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Rose Ivey Statement on Kneeling

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oak I think the issue has been known for a little over 300 years. If MRI wanted to talk to the governor there are other ways to go about it. Without drawing attention to yourself.

Do you really believe this? He should quietly request a meeting with the governor of Nebraska?

The one and only reason Ricketts did that is to save face when he figured out he was on the wrong side of things after an outpouring of support from Nebraska fans for MRI on social media. It really is that simple. And MRI doing this publicly affects more change than a private meeting ever could. He could have 100 private meetings with the governor and no one would even talk about it. It would be like booger eating Chase Daniels having a private meeting with Warren Buffet...zero fucks given.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just don't understand kneeling. I love that it's a nonviolent way of protest but if you're really unhappy about something then do something about it. kneeling is not really accomplishing anything other than starting a controversy about disrespect. Which is not really the issue I think we are talking about. it's about equality. in my opinion. I think in order to achieve this we need to have Town meetings. and communication not through Twitter. not through text but actually talking to people and looking people in their eyes and knowing that you are actually trying to mend Bridges and create new ones and burn them if need be.
Guess you didn't notice the discussion going on here about whether the cops were in the right or wrong here because he kneeled, as well as on the radio and probably every workplace in Nebraska and half the workplaces across the country.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the right way to say this, so this might come off wrong. I believe in the fact that change needs to happen in this world. I am in agreement that people shouldn't look at the color of one's skin and see anything other than another human being. The thing i wish someone would bring up or have more discussion on is that racism works both ways. i keep seeing videos in my news feed where black people are out there chanting and committing violent acts against white people. how exactly does that accomplish anything? how exactly does that alleviate the fears cops have of being attacked? I mean in these videos if some cops showed up and tried to arrest these people and the people didn't comply and turned violent, what should happen?

change needs to happen, but it needs to happen everywhere and from everyone. I know part of the problem is poverty, but what can be done? I read an interesting article on Chicago the other day (I think it was posted in this thread), in low income neighborhoods what's the easiest way to make money? drugs/stealing/something illegal. these neighborhoods are the most patroled by police, why, because that's where crime occurs. the cops aren't following these people, they are just where they need to be. yet the people in the neighborhoods feel like they are being followed and then get a distrust for cops. how do you fix this?

so, my point is, some people keep thinking the change needs to happen from the top, but in reality it needs to happen from both ends. all people need to cut out the violence, educate themselves and treat each other with the respect we ourselves want to see in return. until all people can do that, nothing is going to change.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is seriously out of control.

If people want to protest a guy getting killed simply because he's black, then that is fair game. I encourage that.

But trust me when I say this.....if a cop tells a white man to follow his order, and then the white man pulls something out of his pocket and points it at the cop.....he's getting shot. And the same goes for a black man.
I'm going to say this one last time and then I am done because no one wants to hear anything except what reinforces what they already think. That is called a closed mind and trying to show another perspective to them is simply banging your head against the wall.
But answer me this one thing. How many of these people reached for a weapon or appeared to be reaching for a weapon. I mean not a cop said they looked like they were but they really were.
I know one had his hands above his head and was shot because he would not stop walking away from the cop when they told him too. - Unjustified Murder
I know one was killed when he was telling the cops the guy with him was an autistic patient and was not armed. There response we weren't trying to shoot him we were trying to shoot the autistic guy - Unjustified Murder
Another guy shot laying on the ground with his hands above his head. Unjustified Murder
A guy was gunned down running away from a cop. Anyone else that is murder. Unjustified Murder.

I as a white kid/young adult mouthed off to cops, walked away from cops and one time to a swing at a cop. Do you know how many times I was shot? Or even shot at? Zero, zilch, nadda. So please don't tell me that. You are projecting on to them behavior that is not always there and predicting actions to white people that is not usually true.

With that I'm out. In Jimmy Buffets words vvvvvv

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you didn't notice the discussion going on here about whether the cops were in the right or wrong here because he kneeled, as well as on the radio and probably every workplace in Nebraska and half the workplaces across the country.

I have to be honest I don't know much about it. I just don't think MRI kneeling is a huge deal. It's not like he is burning the flag

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say this one last time and then I am done because no one wants to hear anything except what reinforces what they already think. That is called a closed mind and trying to show another perspective to them is simply banging your head against the wall.
But answer me this one thing. How many of these people reached for a weapon or appeared to be reaching for a weapon. I mean not a cop said they looked like they were but they really were.
I know one had his hands above his head and was shot because he would not stop walking away from the cop when they told him too. - Unjustified Murder
I know one was killed when he was telling the cops the guy with him was an autistic patient and was not armed. There response we weren't trying to shoot him we were trying to shoot the autistic guy - Unjustified Murder
Another guy shot laying on the ground with his hands above his head. Unjustified Murder
A guy was gunned down running away from a cop. Anyone else that is murder. Unjustified Murder.

I as a white kid/young adult mouthed off to cops, walked away from cops and one time to a swing at a cop. Do you know how many times I was shot? Or even shot at? Zero, zilch, nadda. So please don't tell me that. You are projecting on to them behavior that is not always there and predicting actions to white people that is not usually true.

False. The guy didn't die. So not unjustified murder, just a really bad shot.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In early elementary school I was taught by my parents to do as your told by the police and to never EVER make an aggressive move toward them, like point one of my toy guns at them. I have no sympathy for the guy in San Diego.

And this whole thing about the cops should wait to decipher what exactly the suspect has in his hands is complete bullshit. I'm sure the deceased cop's widow and children would certainly understand that reasoning.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oak I think the issue has been known for a little over 300 years. If MRI wanted to talk to the governor there are other ways to go about it. Without drawing attention to yourself.

You're right. Martin Luther King Jr. probably should have just requested private meetings with governors during the civil rights movement instead of drawing all that attention to himself. That would have been way more successful.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alright. I'm not going to argue. I think you and I are actually closer to being on the same page than you might think.

I just think times have changed and cops are much more trigger happy in general. Back in the day you could get away with anything. Not anymore.

There have been blatant racist incidents with cops, no doubt. I just feel like there is one side blowing it out of proportion and another side completely ignoring it, and it feels like politics to me. Just want people to be rational about it.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the greatest moment in my life is this ---
in the grade school I began in we all pledged allegence to America at the get go

it is called respect for the Nation and those that fought for our freedom ... PERIOD

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the greatest moment in my life certainly did not happen in grade school. I have been visiting with Evan tonight or I would probably bite my tongue (in all fairness I may have and didn't feel it) but to have been married and to have given a life and seen it come into this world yet find your greatest moment in your life to be in grade school, well that just makes me glad to have lived my life in stead of yours.

My greatest moment? I thought was my wedding but found that did not compare at all to cutting the umbilical cord of my first child. Then to have my grandchild tel me "Granpa you're just silly" Life is supposed to be so much more than a pledge to a piece of cloth even if that cloth represents the right to destroy that piece of cloth.
Popeye my wish for you is truly that you can find so much more to life than words spoken in grade school or a piece of cloth even if that piece of cloth represents all that has made my life so bountiful.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the greatest moment in my life is this ---
in the grade school I began in we all pledged allegence to America at the get go

it is called respect for the Nation and those that fought for our freedom ... PERIOD

And Evan told me to say if there weren't so many people on their period this would be a much happier country.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My greatest wish in life is that parents become better parents.

My wife is a teacher at a Title 1 school and these little kids come to school smelling like pot and have their jeans on backwards and 2 different shoes on.

And then when my wife calls their parents they tell her to fuck off and leave them alone. Tell her she don't know their life and how hard they have it.

So many bad parents out there lead to SO many of our problems today. Kids grow up with the wrong ideals.....wrong perception of life in general.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In early elementary school I was taught by my parents to do as your told by the police and to never EVER make an aggressive move toward them, like point one of my toy guns at them. I have no sympathy for the guy in San Diego.

And this whole thing about the cops should wait to decipher what exactly the suspect has in his hands is complete bullshit. I'm sure the deceased cop's widow and children would certainly understand that reasoning.

Yeah, never mind the unarmed guy's family, amirite? Because walking, selling tax free cigarettes, running away, those are all death penalty type offenses.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, those kids almost always translate into what we call "thugs."

They end up resorting to violence and drugs as way to make it by.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My greatest wish in life is that parents become better parents.

My wife is a teacher at a Title 1 school and these little kids come to school smelling like pot and have their jeans on backwards and 2 different shoes on.

And then when my wife calls their parents they tell her to fuck off and leave them alone. Tell her she don't know their life and how hard they have it.

So many bad parents out there lead to SO many of our problems today. Kids grow up with the wrong ideals.....wrong perception of life in general.
Andto this I wish too but it doesn't happen. Not sure if I should blame the shooting stars or God but it doesn't so now what?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, never mind the unarmed guy's family, amirite? Because walking, selling tax free cigarettes, running away, those are all death penalty type offenses.
No there is only one death penalty offense in this country and that is disobeying a police officer.