• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Rose Ivey Statement on Kneeling

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Skerpokes Chicago is insane. It's a war zone. The chicago sun times has an online homicide tracker and it doesn't matter what day you look at that page, a couple people were shot over nothing.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago is the main distribution hub for the Sinaloa cartel which is the largest and most dangerous cartel in Mexico. They move all their product there and disperse it throughout the country.

You can imagine why Chicago is the way it is.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great article from the WSJ from a few months ago that I encourage you to read regarding the problem in Chicago. It talks about the problems and issues that the Chicago PD face.

How Chicago’s Streets Became the Wild West

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also worth noting that of the 559 homicides in Chicago this year, a suspect has been charged less than 20% of the time. Because "I ain't no snitch" and "Fuck the Police, I ain't talking to them"

HeyJackass!

The issue is a distrust of the police from a young age.

Being followed from your house every fucking day to see if you are out to buy drugs or what not is very much a pain in the ass. Makes you paranoid

Plus, teachers pretty much call you animals, parents aren't present, cops are harassing so you feel like a fucking animal. sometimes, the only love you see is from these criminals that you aren't going to snitch on because they are the only ones to pay any mind to you.

shit, when I lived in Lincoln the cops would come around the neighborhood talk to us and give us KC Chiefs playing cards. They need more of that in the hood

Apathy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire taking a knee stance during the national anthem is a cancerous movement led by uneducated attention seeking individuals.

Kap started this movement because he was misinformed by the current national media and acted upon it. One could argue that he is no longer relevant in San Francisco's spotlight or the nation and did this purely for publicity.

Mind you this is about minorities not having the same equal opportunity as others, that is the true origins of this movement. It's really hard to not insult the people's intelligence that are participating in this movement and those who support it so I'll just sum up a few statements.
- We are just finishing the second term re elected first black president in United States history.
-We provide scholarship opportunities and other government programs specifically for minorities to help them succeed in life with our taxes. There are laws regarding equal opportunity and employment making companies meet quotas in these limitations.
- You won't find another country in the entire world that gives minorities better opportunities to succeed. Plain and simple, you won't.

Now regarding the misconception of recent law enforcement incidents.
- If you check the statistics on the national criminology reports African American's are not targeted more often than other races based on population per capita. I want to specify that they are not shot more often either.
-The most recent incident in Charlotte, the cop was African American. Nationally, five Caucasian males were shot that same day but didn't make the national news, the one African American did.

Now I am very disappointed with Rose Ivy and the other players who took a knee during the national anthem. In fact I find the story not entirely accurate from Ivy's statements. Ivy stated that he was harassed and threatened by friends and fans both. Ivy also proceeded to say that the threats included being lynched or shot like what was happening to other African Americans around the country.
-There hasn't been a public lynching since 1998, where an African American was tied to the back of a truck and dragged in Texas.
-Rose Ivy has refused to file any reports of these threats to the police, so if he seriously felt threatened he would've done so by now. Otherwise it's weightless comments on social media used as an excuse to justify his actions in which originally is the reason he was opened up to criticism and backlash.

Long story short, stop the potentially cancerous drama that could hurt the team and focus on being a better football player. We have games to win and opportunities for individuals to make a career in a passion they love. That should be the main focus of these athletes.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a lot of steam away from BLM when 99% of those 80% murdered are black people killing black people.

I mean yea, I want to help any way I can. I just don't know how to stop black people from killing black people.

1) We have to find a way to keep fathers in homes
2) We have to find a way to keep crack and other drugs out of the neighborhood
3) We need to find a way to close down having liquor stores on every other corner
4) We need police presence that is for the people and not assuming every kid is a criminal
5) We need schools to teach personal responsibility and financial education
6) We needs social programs and don't need rich whitey telling people how welfare is just a bunch of cheats and lazy asses
7) We need to install to the young women that their body is a temple and should be treated as such

oh there are ways, but most of it is impossible.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Anthem is played here everyday at 1700, if I took a knee I'm certain it wouldn't change a goddamn thing, other than getting my legs broke. If a guy cares enough about the movement pick up the damn phone and do something about it but don't piss on our flag and tell me it's just rain

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick didn't have a problem until he was benched for a white guy.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Regent Jim Pillen of Columbus agreed with Schafer, saying while he supports the student-athletes' cause and encourages all students to become engaged in issues locally as well as globally, he questions using the team as a platform of protest.

"I believe in team above everything," Pillen said. "I don't think any of those student-athletes would want me to represent them on the Board of Regents if I took my personal agenda to the table."

The hypocrisy...

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all remember the white riots across the country when OJ was judged innocent?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NU President Hank Bounds, himself a former National Guardsman of the Year in Mississippi, said on Tuesday the idea of academic freedom at a university extends to the playing field as well.

The university would not stop students who pause to pray before the game or after a big play, he said. Nor would student-athletes be stopped from sharing a controversial opinion in class.

"I have a deep love of this country and a love of the flag, and I certainly recognize freedom isn't free," he said. "Nebraskans have expressed their opinions on the actions -- some were supportive, some disagree and some passionately disagree."

Since Saturday, Bounds said he has received no more than 10 emails about Rose-Ivey and others' actions. He said he has spoken with Green about the issue and had a short conversation with Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst.

Bounds said he "completely opposes" imposing any actions against the players or changing any policies that would restrict their ability to express themselves.

"They are all free to state their opinion and that's what is really great about living in the greatest country in the world. The same freedoms that protect our speech protect students' speech."

The president of the school defended them. Everyone can chill the fuck out now.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always forget there's a bunch of old farts behind the scenes who think their opinion truly matters on what the football team does.

If anyone is out of line, it's this gutless jackass running his stupid mouth.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've no problem with vets or active service men and women having a totally different take on this. I've not served and don't have their perspective when it comes to the National Anthem/Flag. I'm in your debt.

However, if you're public service/regents, you should not inject that perspective into the argument. You're now representing something else as well... like Brasky said, hypocrisy. Probably easy for me to say having never served, point taken.

The folks who want to trot out their statistics and talk about how the deaths due to police white vs. black are equal, I think you're way off base, and should probably read HISL link "It's Not About Race" above.

If you still don't get it, consider this another way. If you haven't noticed what's going on in North Dakota with the DAPL let me give you the short version: Texas billionaire oil men want to build a pipeline along the edge of Standing Rock Sioux Tribal lands. This route is because they rerouted it from the Bismarck residential area for reasons of avoiding stress to their (read white people) water supply. Yet another reason is because the Keystone XL pipeline through Western Nebraska was defeated by POTUS Barack Obama. For which I will love and adore Barack Obama till the day I die. There's no way you could convince me that another President in recent memory would have done that for us.

The Sioux had located burial grounds/prayer circles along the route planned, and appealed to the Army Corps to review. The Big Cigars from Texas sent in their bulldozers to demolish said sites so Army Corps review would be irrelevant. The Sioux proceeded to try and block progress of further destruction. When the Big Cigars dispatched their private security to chase them off, they released their German Shepards on the protesters, biting men, women and children. That's all on video. If you look up the statistics, I'm guessing Native Americans have a lower or roughly equal chance than white people to be bitten by dogs. Do you think they should shut up and pay attention to the numbers? Or can you consider another person might have different perspective?

In closing, way to go Hank Bounds. I dislike Pete Ricketts, Hal Daub and any other politician/regent sounding off on this. I think you're not very wise.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is going national now whether we like it or not.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is slowly turning into a nightmare.

Thanks a fucking lot Colin Kaepernick. Gonna ruin our perfect season!