• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Rose Ivey Statement on Kneeling

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
qH7LRIy.gif

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no it isn't. it's about how police treat thugs who appear to have guns and don't cooperate

Do you actually think cops are goin around sayin "gee i wonder where I can find a black guy to kill today"

Do you really think they were all thugs and do you really think killing people is an appropriate way to "treat" those who don't cooperate?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think they were all thugs and do you really think killing people is an appropriate way to "treat" those who don't cooperate?

If an officer feels his life is being threatened? Unfortunate, but yes.

Is that always what happens in these shootings? No.

Does something need to change? Sure.

Does rioting, looting, and showing your rear end to the country help? Definitely not.

What do we do? Let's have a dialogue

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no it isn't. it's about how police treat thugs who appear to have guns and don't cooperate

last I checked, resisting arrest was a misdemeanor, not punishable by death.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last I checked, resisting arrest was a misdemeanor, not punishable by death.

What's an officer supposed to do if he believes you're pulling a gun on him and tells you stop and you don't stop? wait to get shot?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An ex marine put it in perspective the other day. In war time as a soldier, if you end up escalating a situation to the point where you end up shooting a person who turns out to be unarmed, that is one of the worst things you can do. You are reviled and often dishonorably discharged and possibly charged.

But somehow every week we have officer dipshit finding a way to put himself in a situation where his only option is to kill a person, and that person almost always happens to be black.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately there is no 1 answer to this problem.

I do no envy the responsibility and burden placed on a police officer when they put on that uniform and I would NOT want their job. I wouldn't want their job before all of these shootings happened, and I most certainly do not want their job now with all of the animosity and hostility directed towards them.

Likewise, I would not want to be a black person right now. I would not want to be pulled over and even have the slightest uncertainty of what COULD happen to me even if I do follow orders. I do not know how parents in the black community explain to their children why black moms and dads are being killed at the hands of the police. I do not know how black kids grow up and NOT have a negative image and fear of police officers.

IMO, in most of these instances there is blame to go around. The victim is usually not completely innocent, and the police officer could have used better judgement and less lethal force. I will never fully appreciate the responsibility we place on police officers. At the end of the day, they are all human and must make a life or death decision in a split second and as humans do, they make mistakes.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop hyper escalating situations to the point where it comes to that.

Video shows police killing unarmed black man in Tulsa

He was charged with 1st degree manslaughter

Again, specific to this instance, there is blame to go around. I'm fairly confident in saying that the officers were not ordering him to walk away from them and back towards his car where they have no idea what is in his car or what his intentions are. Had he followed orders and gotten on the ground like he was most likely told to do, there's a fairly good chance this man would still be alive.

Having said that, I also believe that simply using a stun gun (which they did use) would have been effective enough in taking this man into custody and he'd still be alive today and his kids would still have a father.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about how police treat minorities.

That's only part of what this is about. He said in his speech that the police only had a little bit to do with his protest. He said the laws and policies that are in place to hold black people back from getting jobs and succeeding in life have just as much to do with it.

And like I said, I'm not gonna sit here and believe the Police in general have formed a large frat against black people, because that is ridiculous. Shit, the police work for a black man and thousands of the police are black themselves.

So the idea that the entire police force, or even the majority, is out to get black people is ridiculous. Now, there are always bad eggs out there. Everywhere you go and in every profession there are going to be bad people who form terrible opinions and do shitty things. And that includes police officers. There are some shitty ones out there no doubt. Some just plain can't handle the power of a badge.

So I will sit here and listen to the protests against shitty cops, but I won't listen to anyone anywhere in this country complain about not getting a fair crack at life. You go out and you get what you want out of life if you are able.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If an officer feels his life is being threatened? Unfortunate, but yes.

Is that always what happens in these shootings? No.

Does something need to change? Sure.

Does rioting, looting, and showing your rear end to the country help? Definitely not.

What do we do? Let's have a dialogue

I never realized that any of these guys were rioting and looting when they were shot. Are you sure you're not confusing other situations with these?
And I find it very hard to believe a life was in jeopardy when the suspects hands are in the air and the window he supposedly reached through was rolled up and the officer had already searched the car for weapons anyway.
I appreciate what LEOs do but they cannot act in neglect or misconduct without consequence either.
So what do we do? Train our LEO's for situations such as these. Reinforce that their mission is to protect and to serve, not to detain and command. Make them understand that disobedience is not a capital crime. And above all do not ever let the attitude that they are above the law exist.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we isolating 5-10 events where an officer was CLEARLY in the wrong and making it out to be an epidemic, sensationalizing everything and so on

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, specific to this instance, there is blame to go around. I'm fairly confident in saying that the officers were not ordering him to walk away from them and back towards his car where they have no idea what is in his car or what his intentions are. Had he followed orders and gotten on the ground like he was most likely told to do, there's a fairly good chance this man would still be alive.

Having said that, I also believe that simply using a stun gun (which they did use) would have been effective enough in taking this man into custody and he'd still be alive today and his kids would still have a father.
They knew what was in his car. They had already searched it. ANd again disobeying a police officer is not a capital crime. And regardless of all the if's, his children do not have a father today because a cop shot an unarmed man for disregarding and instruction even though he had his hands in the air and was approaching a vehicle that had already been cleared of the possiblity of any weapons. The attitude that if they just do what their told they won't get shot has to be debunked. That was the first thing the officer said, therefore that was the officer's justification. That is the problem.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we isolating 5-10 events where an officer was CLEARLY in the wrong and making it out to be an epidemic, sensationalizing everything and so on

Because when the media gets ahold of those events they explode and spread like wild fire making it seem like it's been thousands.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because when the media gets ahold of those events they explode and spread like wild fire making it seem like it's been thousands.

I don't think people realize how small these numbers are.. and honestly what are we trying to accomplish? Stop the unjust killings? I don't think anybody is opposed to that

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my bad, 5 -10 innocent people killed. I was thinking that was a problem. My bad.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my bad, 5 -10 innocent people killed. I was thinking that was a problem. My bad.

Nobody thinks it's ok, but . . . ? what is there to do about it? that's a small number in light of the violent crime rate and population of our country

and now we have black americans thinking they have to be afraid of every police officer and creating tension where there does not need to be