• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Rose Ivey Statement on Kneeling

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think things are just getting worse because of all of this.

I hear a lot more racist comments now than I did before. It seems like a lot of people who had no bad opinion towards black people (specifically athletes) before are now starting to form an opinion.

I really don't see anyone being made aware of anything other than people who fall to the left of center.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think things are just getting worse because of all of this.

I hear a lot more racist comments now than I did before. It seems like a lot of people who had no bad opinion towards black people (specifically athletes) before are now starting to form an opinion.

I really don't see anyone being made aware of anything other than people who fall to the left of center.

That's just latent racism. It boils under the surface for a lot of people who claim not to be.

And as far as things getting worse because of this, no real change has come about in this country without serious push back and resistance.

Things got a whole lot worse before they got better during the civil rights movement. This is child's play compared to that.

And this isn't a Republican Democrat issue. There aren't any politics in basic human decency.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just latent racism. It boils under the surface for a lot of people who claim not to be.

And as far as things getting worse because of this, no real change has come about in this country without serious push back and resistance.

Things got a whole lot worse before they got better during the civil rights movement. This is child's play compared to that.

I agree.

I mean, I think it's safe to say 1 out of every 3 people you pass by on a daily basis have some sort of racist tendencies in their heart.

The majority of people grow up surrounded by people of the same race. It's just how it's going to be.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And this isn't a Republican Democrat issue. There aren't any politics in basic human decency.

I disagree on the political aspect. It can't be a coincidence that you hear people on the left everywhere backing BLM and people on the right completely opposed to it.

There are black people on the right who literally despise it.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Rose SR said his daughter's friend has been forbidden from seeing her over this.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on the political aspect. It can't be a coincidence that you hear people on the left everywhere backing BLM and people on the right completely opposed to it.

There are black people on the right who literally despise it.

libs are dumb man. . somehow this gets blown up into a human rights issue forcing people to fall in line but on other issues it's all about comfort, power and MY RIGHTS to do whatever I want

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest. I think a lot of this latent racism stems from several things. I think a lot of white people take offense to the BLM cause because it is perceived that BLM only cares when a black person is killed by police, and even more so by a white police officer. Hell a protester was even murdered by another protester in Charlotte, and not a word has been said about it.

Meanwhile, a person is murdered nearly every 11 minutes in Chicago, nearly 80% of them being black men. But the perception is that Black Lives only matter when a police officer is involved. It also doesn't help the latent racism when the movement wants to be heard but the message gets lost with the rioting and looting that the rest of America sees on television. Part of the negative perception towards BLM is that BLM simply wants to point the finger and blame and refuses to address the widespread problems and dysfunctions within the black communities.

And for the record, Governer Rickett's is an idiot. What a missed opportunity to acknowledge MRI and have an open discussion and bring attention to the issue.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest. I think a lot of this latent racism stems from several things. I think a lot of white people take offense to the BLM cause because it is perceived that BLM only cares when a black person is killed by police, and even more so by a white police officer. Hell a protester was even murdered by another protester in Charlotte, and not a word has been said about it.

Meanwhile, a person is murdered nearly every 11 minutes in Chicago, nearly 80% of them being black men. But the perception is that Black Lives only matter when a police officer is involved. It also doesn't help the latent racism when the movement wants to be heard but the message gets lost with the rioting and looting that the rest of America sees on television. Part of the negative perception towards BLM is that BLM simply wants to point the finger and blame and refuses to address the widespread problems and dysfunctions within the black communities.

And for the record, Governer Rickett's is an idiot. What a missed opportunity to acknowledge MRI and have an open discussion and bring attention to the issue.

It takes a lot of steam away from BLM when 99% of those 80% murdered are black people killing black people.

I mean yea, I want to help any way I can. I just don't know how to stop black people from killing black people.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a story of a youth football team doing this here in Texas. Ok for grown ups to do things that they feel strongly about. But don't put that on kids.
I do not agree with the kneeling stuff but I have never walked in a black mans shoes. Please just be logical about what you want to represent.
Had a high school team here that wanted to do something and the coach said the only thing I am going to say is if we do something we do it as a team. There are no individuals on our team. So last friday they all held hands and raised their arms up during the national anthem. Nobody put that on the kids, the kids wanted it. The coach will now probably be fired though because a city councilman is calling for his head because he allowed the team to disrespect the flag.
I guess it's wrong to disrespect the flag but okay to have no respect for what it stands for. Who the fuck votes for these people!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can not fault them for not representing every wrong in this world. There are a lot of causes in this world but they can't represent them all. Because they don't say anything about stray animals doesn't mean they don't care about animals. It's just not what their cause is. Just like BLM doesn't mean nobody else's lives matter, it doesn't mean they don't recognize or care about other wrongs too. It is called focus.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Chicago this year there have been 3,228 shootings. Of those 3,228 shootings, 18 of them involved police officers, 6 were fatal. Without knowing anything more about the circumstances behind the officer involved shootings, police involved shootings account for less than 1% of the total shootings.

77% of the 559 homicide victims are black. Nearly 70% of the KNOWN suspcects have been black (there are over 400 unidentified suspects) while 5% of the KNOWN "suspects" have been police officers.

I'm not justifying ANY police shootings. But I'm just guessing it's hard for white America to hop on board BLM when it appears that even blacks don't believe that. At least in Chicago.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Chicago this year there have been 3,228 shootings. Of those 3,228 shootings, 18 of them involved police officers, 6 were fatal. Without knowing anything more about the circumstances behind the officer involved shootings, police involved shootings account for less than 1% of the total shootings.

77% of the 559 homicide victims are black. Nearly 70% of the KNOWN suspcects have been black (there are over 400 unidentified suspects) while 5% of the KNOWN "suspects" have been police officers.

I'm not justifying ANY police shootings. But I'm just guessing it's hard for white America to hop on board BLM when it appears that even blacks don't believe that. At least in Chicago.

You can't go posting facts like that!

It's bad for the movement

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'll always have a problem as long as every discussion of these problems involves "white america" and "black america"

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also worth noting that of the 559 homicides in Chicago this year, a suspect has been charged less than 20% of the time. Because "I ain't no snitch" and "Fuck the Police, I ain't talking to them"

HeyJackass!

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a high school team here that wanted to do something and the coach said the only thing I am going to say is if we do something we do it as a team. There are no individuals on our team. So last friday they all held hands and raised their arms up during the national anthem. Nobody put that on the kids, the kids wanted it. The coach will now probably be fired though because a city councilman is calling for his head because he allowed the team to disrespect the flag.
I guess it's wrong to disrespect the flag but okay to have no respect for what it stands for. Who the fuck votes for these people!
I just didn't think 5th and 6th grade kids understood the reasoning behind it.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just didn't think 5th and 6th grade kids understood the reasoning behind it.

They may not, but when they see their favorite players like Kaepernick do it....

Right or wrong, these players especially high profile NFL and NBA players have a huge influence on our youth.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reject framing the argument around respect for veterans/police, like many have tried. I'm not referring to a post on this board, just what I've read/heard about the 49ers QB nationally. MRI should protest all he wants, because that's one of our basic rights as citizens. He had to know he was going to catch shit over it, so I admire his bravery.

I don't pretend to understand the fears minorities have when dealing with police. What it's like to fear stopping in small towns when travelling, etc.

What I do know is that there's a lot of good men/women who are police, and some who are not, because they're human. I've pissed a few of the wrong policemen off in the past and paid the price for it. Adult me says I deserved it, but the fear of upsetting them in any way is still there. That shouldn't be the case ideally, but it's probably the same the world over.

For sure when name calling/threats start because of free speech, the issue needs to be discussed, and thoroughly.