• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Bennett to Eagles

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what I was thinking about cap numbers on the Internet. What SportsTrac had shows a 5M roster bonus. But I’m seeing things that the Seahawks are about that much in dead and only saved 2.2.

I think we might be getting Bennett for this year about 1.6. Put that with whatever we do with Curry and it could be both a player upgrade and a good cap savings.

It's most likely that the articles you're reading are people simply referencing Spotrac or OTC.

Over the cap has a $4M bonus and I've read some articles saying the he has a $3M bonus. While it seems that Spotrac may be off by $1M, that $3M bonus is misleading. Yes, it appears he has a $3M bonus due on the 18th, but he also has per game active roster bonuses totaling $1M.

If you figure $4M in bonuses, $1.65M in base salary, and a $1.725M prorated signing bonus, that is a $7.375M cap number. If he is cut/traded, then the team takes the remaining signing bonus years as a lump sum cap hit. 3 years at $1.725M would be a $5.175M dead money cap hit. $7.375 - 5.175 gets you to the $2.2M number.

If all that is correct, then the Eagles cap hit for him would be $1.65M in base salary, $3M in a roster bonus paid on the 18th, and active roster bonuses that would total $1M. Assuming he reaches the active roster bonuses during the season, he would count $5.65M against the cap. There is zero chance that the Eagles are getting him for just $1.65M

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole "he's a distraction" thing is such bullshit.
Yes it is.

You won't find a Seahawks player or coach that says anything bad about him. Puts in his work.

Reactions: ill

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's lost some of the fast twitch response that made him really special, but if he doesn't work out, it won't be because of his mouth. It'll be continuing issues with his body breaking down.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't let politics get in the way of my sports ... so with that established, I think it's a huge upgrade from Curry. In the past 3 seasons Curry has totaled 9 Sacks; in the past 3 years Bennett has totaled 23.5 Sacks. Bennett still has 2, maybe 3 good years left in the tank and should be a force combined with the rest of our DLine in that rotation. He also joins a team with 2 Social Activists who are team leaders ... so in that regard there is a very good chance Bennett comes here and busts his ass for this team since he will feel comfortable. Again, I could care less about what side of the political fence players fall ... but due to the environment here, it may help him give top effort and that's all I care about. Curry was "solid" for us, but he's not a force like Bennett is ... so I'm fine with the trade off for the next 1 or 2 years.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't let politics get in the way of my sports ... so with that established, I think it's a huge upgrade from Curry. In the past 3 seasons Curry has totaled 9 Sacks; in the past 3 years Bennett has totaled 23.5 Sacks. Bennett still has 2, maybe 3 good years left in the tank and should be a force combined with the rest of our DLine in that rotation. He also joins a team with 2 Social Activists who are team leaders ... so in that regard there is a very good chance Bennett comes here and busts his ass for this team since he will feel comfortable. Again, I could care less about what side of the political fence players fall ... but due to the environment here, it may help him give top effort and that's all I care about. Curry was "solid" for us, but he's not a force like Bennett is ... so I'm fine with the trade off for the next 1 or 2 years.

I like the way you said this. A lot. It’s a very good point. We come here for a product. And entertainment product. But if the politics involved inspire this guy to put in his best work....wow!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles will likely "guarantee" Bennett's roster bonus which means it will be spread between the 3 remaining years of his contract. His cap hit for this upcoming year would be 3,316,666.00.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lurie is a liberal, so I would imagine he fully supports MJ, Long and Bennett.

Very true. I love him as an owner. I think he's the best owner we've had n decades. I personally suffered a lot during the Braman years. And Tose was a drunken sailor, who gambled away a fortune, and almost moved the team to Arizona. Speaking of Braman, I covered the draft for my newspaper in 1985 at the Vet, and to see how his disdain for the media, was atrocious. Anyway, Jeffrey is a Liberal, but a nice person. We're lucky to have him. that said, if Bennett turns out to be a jerk here, he'll be cut next year. I have no fears.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. You articulated this very well.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rappaport reports that we got Bennett for a lesser deal than what New England offered.

The #Eagles had a deal with the #Seahawks yesterday morning for DL Michael Bennett. Then a third team jumped in and the deal stalled. Last night, it became clear it was happening, though Philly officials were still researching. Now it’s happened.

2:26 PM - Mar 7, 2018

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing people forget: Vinny Curry turns 30 in June. He is not that young either. So yes, Bennett only has a few years left tops, but Curry is also at a point where he is getting older. He played better last season but simply isn't worth $11 million a year. Now we replace him with a better player for next season, for less money. So long as Bennett doesn't become a cancer--which is a concern--there is little doubt he is a better player for us. He should certainly add some nastiness to that front.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't find a Seahawks player or coach that says anything bad about him. Puts in his work.

Well, maybe just a few coaches. But no more than that though...

Albert Breer: Why free agency crop isn't that good

1. We’ll have more on the Michael Bennett trade later in the column, but I wanted to address first what the Eagles are getting from the Seahawks: A player who isn’t quite what he was and picked his spots more than he has in the past, according to the three offensive coaches I asked about him. He was also a pain in the ass for the Seattle coaches.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. We’ll have more on the Michael Bennett trade later in the column, but I wanted to address first what the Eagles are getting from the Seahawks: A player who isn’t quite what he was and picked his spots more than he has in the past, according to the three offensive coaches I asked about him. He was also a pain in the ass for the Seattle coaches.

Maybe the Seattle coaches were pains in the ass, too?

Look....I’m not sticking my head in the sand on it. Not am I just looking for the thing that is going to derail this ride. Personally as an Eagles fan I’m done with fatalism.

Instead I’m going to take forward some belief that something great has formed here. That this is now a place talent comes to in order to thrive.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. I love him as an owner. I think he's the best owner we've had n decades. I personally suffered a lot during the Braman years. And Tose was a drunken sailor, who gambled away a fortune, and almost moved the team to Arizona. Speaking of Braman, I covered the draft for my newspaper in 1985 at the Vet, and to see how his disdain for the media, was atrocious. Anyway, Jeffrey is a Liberal, but a nice person. We're lucky to have him. that said, if Bennett turns out to be a jerk here, he'll be cut next year. I have no fears.

Lol. It’s always good to keep in mind what Eagles ownership was like before Lurie. With respect to all political views, I’m just not going to mix poliiics into it. It took a while but we have an owner who brought home what we always wanted delivered. That’s good enough.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll be able to pick his spots more because he'll play less than 50% of the snaps.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing I can think of is his claiming he was detained in Vegas after a gun went off.

That whole story was sketchy.

There's video of him cuffed and on the ground. Dun

Heh. Uh, just to be clear, that doesn't say SEATTLE coaches, does it?

Macho Grande

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Uh, just to be clear, that doesn't say SEATTLE coaches, does it?

Are you saying they asked coaches of other teams? lol, you're reaching big time with that one. However unlikely that approach may be, let's go ahead and assume that's what Breer did, just for the sake of argument. How else would coaches of other teams know that he's a pain in the ass unless they were hearing it from seattle coaches? Maybe there's a conspiracy among coaches of other teams to trash Bennett as much as they can? lol, c'mon now.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying they asked coaches of other teams? lol, you're reaching big time with that one. However unlikely that approach may be, let's go ahead and assume that's what Breer did, just for the sake of argument. How else would coaches of other teams know that he's a pain in the ass unless they were hearing it from seattle coaches? Maybe there's a conspiracy among coaches of other teams to trash Bennett as much as they can? lol, c'mon now.

We'll just have to see how the coaches here like him.

I'm sure he was a less of a pain in the ass when they were winning something...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah....what a pain in the ass POS....

Macho Grande

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah....what a pain in the ass POS....

He's still a POS. He was caught blatantly lying about police using excessive force on him in Vegas. A lie that probably would've gotten 3 minority cops fired if there hadn't been video proving that his version of events was all bullshit. Then after video was released, he quickly tried to change the narrative from excessive force to "racial profiling." All so he could get his 15 "woke" fame.

If that isn't enough, the most recent proof was Bennett going out of his way to try & injure the Jags' center at the end of their game last season by diving at his knees. Going after another player's knees during a kneel-down play after the game has been decided? That's a pos move, no matter how you try to spin it. But hey, he acts normal around kids, so let's give him a medal. Maybe if you search long enough, you can find a video of him kissing his Grandmother or some shit. He'll still be a POS who's cuddling with puppies.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still a POS. He was caught blatantly lying about police using excessive force on him in Vegas. A lie that probably would've gotten 3 minority cops fired if there hadn't been video proving that his version of events was all bullshit. Then after video was released, he quickly tried to change the narrative from excessive force to "racial profiling." All so he could get his 15 "woke" fame.

If that isn't enough, the most recent proof was Bennett going out of his way to try & injure the Jags' center at the end of their game last season by diving at his knees. Going after another player's knees during a kneel-down play after the game has been decided? That's a pos move, no matter how you try to spin it. But hey, he acts normal around kids, so let's give him a medal. Maybe if you search long enough, you can find a video of him kissing his Grandmother or some shit. He'll still be a POS who's cuddling with puppies.

Can he sack the QB better than Vinny Curry?