• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saquon Barkley to the Eagles

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is the negotiation window for if the teams can't negotiate? NFL being gay retards again. Shocking.

Contact has to be through the agent until the tampering period is over. Not sure what reason there is for any of this, seems pointless. The rules are there though.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contact has to be through the agent until the tampering period is over. Not sure what reason there is for any of this, seems pointless. The rules are there though.
Yeah, the rules are there but they are dumb and honestly, the minute after the SB ends or any player is released, they should be automatically allowed to talk to anyone, imo. This tampering period thing is really stupid considering some players like Jackson and Wagner represent themselves.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the rules are there but they are dumb and honestly, the minute after the SB ends or any player is released, they should be automatically allowed to talk to anyone, imo. This tampering period thing is really stupid considering some players like Jackson and Wagner represent themselves.
the NFL rarely shows common sense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a player is released, they ARE eligible to talk to anyone. Players under contract continue to be so until the new league year begins, which happened at 4pm EST yesterday. Every league has a free agency period, not a free for all as soon as the last game is played.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Barkley to that contract is punishment enough. :heh:

...but if Roger wants to take away some additional cap space as well...:rofl:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles winning the offseason.

Barkley
White
CGJ back

Too bad winning the offseason is usually the kiss of death. But on paper damn they have had a good offseason. White has the potential to be the most impactful defensive addition of the offseason. Barkley on offense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles winning the offseason.

Barkley
White
CGJ back

Too bad winning the offseason is usually the kiss of death. But on paper damn they have had a good offseason. White has the potential to be the most impactful defensive addition of the offseason. Barkley on offense.
White’s play has kind of fallen off the last few seasons. Hopefully, he just needs a change of scenery kind of deal. I think he will fit well in pass coverage in the Tampa 2 stuff Fangio does. I worry a little about him vs the run in a 3-4. He’s gonna have to defeat unengaged guards.

Wish they prioritized Justin Simmons over Barkley. I’m anti-big financial commitments to RBs when the organization has been very productive using draft picks on their first contract, guys on the cheap, etc… That could have been scary in nickel with CJGJ and 2nd year player Sydney Brown in the slots and Justin Simmons playing centerfield. I was excited about all the disguise that can be created with that 3 deep kind of shell.

I just hope that they’re right. Eagles should still prioritize defense in the draft. I think they still lack a 2nd TE along with a WR3. Not thrilled with Davante Parker being able to fill that WR 3 role. I think he’s better suited as injury insurance for AJ Brown and Devonta Smith.