• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saquon Barkley to the Eagles

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Saquon... he seemed like a good dude, too...

... but the injuries. Pro football is just a brutal game, especially for RB's.

Anywho... screw him now that he's on the Eagles.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, invest in the most replaceable position. Rams learned the hard way with the Gurley contract

Actually the Gurley contract started the devaluing on the position
I generally agree with you, which is why I am conflicted. This is very uncharacteristic of the Eagles, who tend to invest in the lines of scrimmage and the secondary, and go cheap at RB and LB.

But maybe the Eagles concluded that the RB market was now too low after seeing guys like Barkley available as free agents for 3 year contracts while they are still in their 20s.

I see it as a total, unnecessary risk. But this draft is not strong at RB, and perhaps the Eagles really think that Barkley surrounded by talent on an actual good offense with the likes of AJ Brown and Devonta Smith and Dallas Goeddert will be a pretty strong chess piece.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High ankle sprain second week of season

Dude was a dud

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. This is a divergence from the way the Eagles prioritize. If they were going to do that kind of divergence I was hoping it would be on defense at LB and S not on offense at RB.
Got the LB from the Jets so that's a good start. My guess for Barkley is put as much talent around Hurts and hope he gets back the SB run type form. We will see a much more improved offensive scheme.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was my thought as well. The defense should be their priority, imo. As you say, especially LB and the back end. The offense is already pretty sound.
The offense didn't do shit down the stretch either.

Here's some totals after December started:

9 (playoffs)

They fucking sucked and need a RB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the LB from the Jets so that's a good start. My guess for Barkley is put as much talent around Hurts and hope he gets back the SB run type form. We will see a much more improved offensive scheme.
That's a passrusher in this defense, a position they've always prioritized.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’ll share carries with Gainwell at a minimum. I’m sure they will manage his workload.
Hmmm, the main reason we need a running back is because Gainwell is lame back there.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense didn't do shit down the stretch either.

Here's some totals after December started:

9 (playoffs)

They fucking sucked and need a RB.
While I agree on the offensive production, this only helps if they actually run the ball. A lot of that was shitty play calling. They were pass happy during that stretch and Hurts was banged up and not playing well yet they still often abandoned the run even when those games were close. Kellen Moore is known for being pass happy. Don't get me wrong Nut. I kinda understand that part of the move in respect to Saquon being a good character fit and helping Jaylen and hopefully being productive. I just think they needed to address the elephant in the room which is a defense that was giving up 30+ points to average QBs and let Drew Lock shred them in the final minute.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't like this signing. Too much money for a running back that has had serious injuries and appears to have lost a step.

But...wouldn't it be hilarious if Saquon Barkley goes to Philly and looks like the running back phenom he was at Penn State now that he is behind an elite offensive line instead of a bum offensive line? It could really happen IMO, if he stays healthy.

I think there are two very positive things here I am for one a proponent of players going and playing where they are from as they will be close to their friends and family and are familiar with the region would make them more comfortable. Also in this case Barkley is going to (at the moment) a much better organization with a better coaching staff, on a team that is used to winning and better culture. This very well could be a Christian McCaffrey situation of him going from NC to California.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I will say is regarding the injury concerns, Saquon has played 30 games over the last 2 seasons and basically carried the Giants offense. He is also still relatively young so I'm not reading much into the history. It was the same concern with CMC and going to a better organization mitigates that concern, imo. Also, he will be playing behind the best O-line he's ever had. Let's face it, the Giants have been really bad in that regard for some time. Again, my only question mark is play calling and utilization. With that O-line, even with the loss of Kelce, Philly should be pounding the rock down people's throats. It's where their success has really come from over the last few years.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did James Franklin screw up?

"For Barkley now to come back and be able to play within the state, in Philadelphia, He said that was one of the first things that Howie said to him on the phone as part of his sales pitch to him"

teams are not allowed to talk directly to the players during the negotiating window.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did James Franklin screw up?

"For Barkley now to come back and be able to play within the state, in Philadelphia, He said that was one of the first things that Howie said to him on the phone as part of his sales pitch to him"

teams are not allowed to talk directly to the players during the negotiating window.
It was a speaker phone...and Barkley just happened to be in the room with his agent when Roseman called. Honest!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a speaker phone...and Barkley just happened to be in the room with his agent when Roseman called. Honest!
Hey...I'm good with taking it right up to the line. Still...would not hurt my feelings if Rodger did a Rodger Investigation in the matter. maybe 2025 2nd round draft pick could be in order.
LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey...I'm good with taking it right up to the line. Still...would not hurt my feelings if Rodger did a Rodger Investigation in the matter. maybe 2025 2nd round draft pick could be in order.
LOL
OR Barkley has to go back to the Giants and rot

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is the negotiation window for if the teams can't negotiate? NFL being gay retards again. Shocking.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is the negotiation window for if the teams can't negotiate? NFL being gay retards again. Shocking.
1. James Franklin is a fat head kunt
2. There’s nothing to this that will stick. They will say that Howie was talking to the agent and he was on speaker and Saquon was in the room.
3. James Franklin is a tool.