• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saquon Barkley to the Eagles

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't like this signing. Too much money for a running back that has had serious injuries and appears to have lost a step.

But...wouldn't it be hilarious if Saquon Barkley goes to Philly and looks like the running back phenom he was at Penn State now that he is behind an elite offensive line instead of a bum offensive line? It could really happen IMO, if he stays healthy.
You aren't playing through injuries for the Giants in a league that won't pay you.

The Eagles flipped all that on its head.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a playoff move. Not a regular season move. Personally I think it’s a great one. The only question is how you going to keep him healthy for the playoffs.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't playing through injuries for the Giants in a league that won't pay you.

The Eagles flipped all that on its head.

Not last years giants. But the season before. He would have played banged up!!!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell on this one. A lot will depend on how they utilize him. The Giants had zero options but to run him into the ground, Let's see if Moore can use him enough to be effective but still keep him healthy by year's end. Not sure if this is actually what the Eagles needed though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell on this one. A lot will depend on how they utilize him. The Giants had zero options but to run him into the ground, Let's see if Moore can use him enough to be effective but still keep him healthy by year's end. Not sure if this is actually what the Eagles needed though.
Yep. This is a divergence from the way the Eagles prioritize. If they were going to do that kind of divergence I was hoping it would be on defense at LB and S not on offense at RB.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. This is a divergence from the way the Eagles prioritize. If they were going to do that kind of divergence I was hoping it would be on defense at LB and S not on offense at RB.
Yeah, that was my thought as well. The defense should be their priority, imo. As you say, especially LB and the back end. The offense is already pretty sound.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Barkley stays healthy all year, which is not a guarantee, but if he does, he could very well be the most productive free agent RB this coming season. Then again, he better be with that oversized contract.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't like this signing. Too much money for a running back that has had serious injuries and appears to have lost a step.

But...wouldn't it be hilarious if Saquon Barkley goes to Philly and looks like the running back phenom he was at Penn State now that he is behind an elite offensive line instead of a bum offensive line? It could really happen IMO, if he stays healthy.
i wouldn't say hilarious, but as you say.. If he can stay healthy. This might turn out to be one of the better FA signings of the year.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The moment when I realized this might happen: Tiki Barber thought it was a terrible idea for Saquon.

Tiki still trying to make up for bad mouthing Eli. Only to watch E;li lead the Giants to a title a year after Tiki retired.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Barkley stays healthy all year, which is not a guarantee, but if he does, he could very well be the most productive free agent RB this coming season. Then again, he better be with that oversized contract.
All year doesn’t matter. Eagles are good enough and the nfc east is bad enough that they should be a playoff team. And playoffs good offenses focus more on running than they do in the regular season.

Saquon in the playoffs when the team doesn’t care about keeping him healthy is actually very scary for any opposing team.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’ll share carries with Gainwell at a minimum. I’m sure they will manage his workload.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All year doesn’t matter. Eagles are good enough and the nfc east is bad enough that they should be a playoff team. And playoffs good offenses focus more on running than they do in the regular season.

Saquon in the playoffs when the team doesn’t care about keeping him healthy is actually very scary for any opposing team.
I agree, what really matters health-wise is how he's doing come playoff time. The Eagles can afford for him to miss a game here or there during the regular season. But this also backs my previous statement that he'll need to be there when it matters most because that was one expensive contract.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiki still trying to make up for bad mouthing Eli. Only to watch E;li lead the Giants to a title a year after Tiki retired.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, invest in the most replaceable position. Rams learned the hard way with the Gurley contract

Actually the Gurley contract started the devaluing on the position

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, invest in the most replaceable position. Rams learned the hard way with the Gurley contract

Actually the Gurley contract started the devaluing on the position
Gurley is a great example of what happens at that position. You’re top 3 and arguably top RB overall in the league and then all of a sudden you’re not.