• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Bennett to Eagles

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this year, yes, but next year Bennett's cap number will be $7M and Curry's would have been $11.25M.

I wonder if the Eagles can convert the roster bonus this year to a signing bonus and spread the cap hit out.

That Curry cap hit is nuts for what he is.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, if he is a distraction, or not very good anymore, t worst case, they cut him next year, and not suffer a huge cap hit. I think he will thrive in our system, and will enjoy a rotation, which will keep him from double teams.
the whole "he's a distraction" thing is such bullshit.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a strange world we live in now. Heading home and head Bennett is being traded. I instantly think of the Falcons, who I read was really kicking his tires. Instead I hear the Eagles and about drive off the road.

It’s aggressive.
It means bye bye Curry.

The bonuses.....signing bonus pro ration stays with former team. Roster and other bonuses move to new Team. Seattle had him primed to move. No proration left. The roster bonus is on us. If they held him a bit longer and had to pay the roster bonus it would be on them post trade.

I highly expect Howie to move his $5M to a signing and spread it over the remaining 3 years. It would take his total hit down to about 3 to 3.5 this year. Combined with cutting Curry (if we have to) it would save us about 2.5-3 on this years cap. It will be smart in the short term...but it’s a little dicey beyond that as it’s pushing money into already lean looking years coming up. Combine that with the looming negotiation with Graham and it gets interesting. Do they leverage having Bennett to try to talk Graham down? Do they go from getting out of a bad DE deal (Curry) and then end up overcommitting too much money to the DE position?

Very intriguing move.

I can’t help but wonder if they are done tinkering at DE this offseason (aside from trying to move Curry and resign Graham)?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a distraction and really can screw up this locker room quickly. I'm sure the Eagles could have looked other options. And he has injury issues and 32yrs old. Let's not think for a second all of this is worth the potential trouble heading our way.

I am not even sure what all of this noise is about. The Seahawks are not moving on him because he is vocal about social justice. Can everyone please eliminate this forced narrative when a team makes a business decision. No team is moving guys because they are vocal about social change. Not even the shitty ones.

Michael Bennett’s position on these areas had as much negative impact on the Seahawks last year as Malcolm Jenkins or Chris Long had negative impact on our season.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly expect Howie to move his $5M to a signing and spread it over the remaining 3 years. It would take his total hit down to about 3 to 3.5 this year. Combined with cutting Curry (if we have to) it would save us about 2.5-3 on this years cap. It will be smart in the short term...but it’s a little dicey beyond that as it’s pushing money into already lean looking years coming up.

$3.5M and Curry's $6M hit would save the team $1.5M this year. It would still save money on next years cap if the team converted the bonus.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$3.5M and Curry's $6M hit would save the team $1.5M this year. It would still save money on next years cap if the team converted the bonus.

There you go. You are better at math than me. Lol

Third down DL next year: Barnett and Graham outside, Cox and Bennett inside.
Fuck.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trust any of the numbers on contracts printed on the internet. As we saw last year they are wrong I know this, Howie is a cap guru that would not have made this move if he couldn't make it work on the cap.

I think its a great move. This is the first of probably 3-4 trades Howie will make. If I were Vinny Curry, Brent Celek, Tory Smith, Nick Foles and Ronald Darby I wouldn't make myself too comfortable. By this time next week they all could be either with other teams or looking for other teams.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trust any of the numbers on contracts printed on the internet. As we saw last year they are wrong I know this, Howie is a cap guru that would not have made this move if he couldn't make it work on the cap.

I think its a great move. This is the first of probably 3-4 trades Howie will make. If I were Vinny Curry, Brent Celek, Tory Smith, Nick Foles and Ronald Darby I wouldn't make myself too comfortable. By this time next week they all could be either with other teams or looking for other teams.

Just what I was thinking about cap numbers on the Internet. What SportsTrac had shows a 5M roster bonus. But I’m seeing things that the Seahawks are about that much in dead and only saved 2.2.

I think we might be getting Bennett for this year about 1.6. Put that with whatever we do with Curry and it could be both a player upgrade and a good cap savings.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DXtdwcgVAAE3AuR.jpg:large

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sends a very clear message IMO: This team is trying to repeat. They know they have a good team and are trying to win again now, not over 5 years.

With that in mind, I think you will see more bold trades. This is not over. I expect to see some new faces in here come opening day.

I also think you see that Lurie doesn't give a shit what your politics are. He doesn't care that Michael Bennett might be "woke" and outspoken on racial issues. That might be a positive in terms of getting players who want to come here, as opposed to the Houston Texans, etc.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sends a very clear message IMO: This team is trying to repeat. They know they have a good team and are trying to win again now, not over 5 years.

With that in mind, I think you will see more bold trades. This is not over. I expect to see some new faces in here come opening day.

I also think you see that Lurie doesn't give a shit what your politics are. He doesn't care that Michael Bennett might be "woke" and outspoken on racial issues. That might be a positive in terms of getting players who want to come here, as opposed to the Houston Texans, etc.
we've already got some of the most outspoken players in Jenkins and Long, why not add a more?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what Howie and Lurie care about: can you bring that heat? Welcome to DC Mr. Smith. Get re-acquainted with your old pal, Michael Bennett.

zcjKlj5.gif

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett: I am going to push those balls up into your mouth

Dak: Yes sir!

1520453444-NS_24Cowsseattle4.jpg

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what we needed. A lying race-baiting pos who feels he needs to make up stories about police brutality to show how "woke" he is. Awesome.

Didn't know much about him until I read some about him. Not a good guy and certainly not the kind of player I want on the Eagles or in the city. POS IMO. Bad trade.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know much about him until I read some about him. Not a good guy and certainly not the kind of player I want on the Eagles or in the city. POS IMO. Bad trade.

Care to share more of what you learned that makes him a POS IYO?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to share more of what you learned that makes him a POS?
the only thing I can think of is his claiming he was detained in Vegas after a gun went off.

That whole story was sketchy.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully this trade thins out the bandwagon a little.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think you see that Lurie doesn't give a shit what your politics are. He doesn't care that Michael Bennett might be "woke" and outspoken on racial issues.

Lurie is a liberal, so I would imagine he fully supports MJ, Long and Bennett.