• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Bennett to Eagles

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying they asked coaches of other teams? lol, you're reaching big time with that one. However unlikely that approach may be, let's go ahead and assume that's what Breer did, just for the sake of argument. How else would coaches of other teams know that he's a pain in the ass unless they were hearing it from seattle coaches? Maybe there's a conspiracy among coaches of other teams to trash Bennett as much as they can? lol, c'mon now.

People parrot all kinds of nonsense about teams from outside. See: Philadelphia Eagles, history

Bennett is respected as a player, and if the coaching staff is okay letting grownups be grownups, then he's going to be A-OK. If the coaching staff has to make all the players be automatons, then he might be a problem.

I'm just going off what an outsider sees of this year's Eagles, but they seem to shade to the side of letting adults be adults.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People parrot all kinds of nonsense about teams from outside. See: Philadelphia Eagles, history

Bennett is respected as a player, and if the coaching staff is okay letting grownups be grownups, then he's going to be A-OK. If the coaching staff has to make all the players be automatons, then he might be a problem.

I'm just going off what an outsider sees of this year's Eagles, but they seem to shade to the side of letting adults be adults.

Do the Hawks have a young player they're trying to clear a spot for? I don't believe the whole "getting rid of a loudmouth" angle. They gave Wilson a big contract so they'll need to find places to save a few bucks here and there unlike when Wilson was on his rookie contract. Could it be as simple as that?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Hawks have a young player they're trying to clear a spot for? I don't believe the whole "getting rid of a loudmouth" angle. They gave Wilson a big contract so they'll need to find places to save a few bucks here and there unlike when Wilson was on his rookie contract. Could it be as simple as that?

They need to clear up money for the O-line. The won a Superbowl and had the #1 D for half a decade, but those guys got real expensive. Seattle fans all knew that big (read expensive) changes were coming. When they traded for S. Richardson last year, the writing was on the wall. If it wasn't for McDowell being a dummy and riding in an ATV and landing it on his face, Bennett would have been on even thinner ice.

Sherman is being cut for the exact same reason, needing to spend money on the O. Wilson ain't expensive by today's standards at all, but that D was making crazy money as a group. Wilson is the key, if they can keep him upright, they should be playoff contenders every year he plays. No 'full' rebuilds necessary.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to clear up money for the O-line. The won a Superbowl and had the #1 D for half a decade, but those guys got real expensive. Seattle fans all knew that big (read expensive) changes were coming. When they traded for S. Richardson last year, the writing was on the wall. If it wasn't for McDowell being a dummy and riding in an ATV and landing it on his face, Bennett would have been on even thinner ice.

Sherman is being cut for the exact same reason, needing to spend money on the O. Wilson ain't expensive by today's standards at all, but that D was making crazy money as a group. Wilson is the key, if they can keep him upright, they should be playoff contenders every year he plays. No 'full' rebuilds necessary.

Wilson did seem to be running for his life the last couple of years so I hear ya on the O line thing.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he sack the QB better than Vinny Curry?

Bennett can Sack "&" pressure the QB better than Curry ... even if Bennett is on the decline, he's better than Curry who's proven to be vastly over paid.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to share more of what you learned that makes him a POS IYO?

There are numerous reports on his comments, activities, locker room issues and even a book he co-wrote. Good player but classless.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So list some of them. Should be easy.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, some of these guys don't like Michael Bennett... we'll see when he puts on green and terrorizes QBs.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or when he's constantly doing charity work in the community, or building houses in Haiti or...or...or...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug and Howie brought the Lombardi Trophy to Philly. I don't give a fuck who they bring in. If they think Bennett will make this team better then I will give them the benefit of the doubt. They earned that trust.

smokeyburgess

Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly fans will love Bennett when an opponent is driving for a winning score with minutes to play and the Eagles need a big sack. He seems to rise to the occasion. Saw him do it many times with the Seahawks. Wish he'd bag the twerk celebration though.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they re-jiggered Bennetts deal:

Michael Bennett, Eagles reportedly agree to restructured contract

One would think any jiggering right now would be to free 2018 space. But it is unclear on this one. The proof is likely in the details that the media doesnt wait for in the rush to report news first. This is not a rant against the F.O. in any way. They have clearly shown recently to be playing chess when we all are accustomed to checkers.

Just...on the face of it...the move is peculiar. My guess is that the money put into this year is LTBE and (if not earned) creates credit towards cap space next year when there is even more critical offseason work to do with very limited space.

Combine this news with the news that Bradham is signing up for five years and it is all very interesting. I have faith this F.O. can figure a way. It's just the not seeing the path to holding this team the next two offseasons that is really interesting right now.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they re-jiggered Bennetts deal:

Michael Bennett, Eagles reportedly agree to restructured contract

One would think any jiggering right now would be to free 2018 space. But it is unclear on this one. The proof is likely in the details that the media doesnt wait for in the rush to report news first. This is not a rant against the F.O. in any way. They have clearly shown recently to be playing chess when we all are accustomed to checkers.

Just...on the face of it...the move is peculiar. My guess is that the money put into this year is LTBE and (if not earned) creates credit towards cap space next year when there is even more critical offseason work to do with very limited space.

Combine this news with the news that Bradham is signing up for five years and it is all very interesting. I have faith this F.O. can figure a way. It's just the not seeing the path to holding this team the next two offseasons that is really interesting right now.

I should have taken my caveat from another post this morning and point out that these things are rarely right when first reported.

This one was way not right....just pushed his bonus back a little..no cap number change. Thats what I get for reading reporting of another reporter busting the news on Twitter. The douchenozzle had to come back later and admit he was very very wrong on this.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with anything in that article. Now if he was a scrub I could see your concern. Given the fact that he can back it up is completely different. I get it....... you don't like him. So far I have not seen anyone substianted their dislike with something credible.
This has nothing to do whether I like him or not... Just posting an interview of one of our newest members.

I know this guy has a ton of talent and will be asset t this team. As time passes by, this will blow over and at my older age I probably will forget the stupid shit of the kneeling down. I do like his motivation and calling out the NFCE QBs. Very WWE like and I laughed.

Last edited: