• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat 2015 offseason thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnup, I'm still baffled at the love affair with Beasley. He's a good offensive weapon, but is a liability on defense. I've rooted for Beasley to make it, but at this juncture, he is what he is as has already been pointed out. Ennis has shown improvement from the time he's been drafted, to his first year in the league. Beasley's entering his 7th/8th season in the NBA, and after being the number 2 pick in the draft, he is what he is - a bust.

I'll take Ennis given that he doesn't have a higher salary then Beasley, and who shows promise on both ends of the court - including defense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Beasley, or any one guy on the roster makes or breaks your loyalty to this team, and renewing season tickets - then you are an even lesser man than initially thought.

Maybe instead of being a 365/24/7 total dick, maybe learn to read and comprehend.
Where did I ever say I wasn't or would not be a loyal Heat fan?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Maybe instead of being a 365/24/7 total dick, maybe learn to read and comprehend.
Where did I ever say I wasn't or would not be a loyal Heat fan?

Agreed. You just said you would not renew your season tickets. The issue wit Beasley was that a $1.3M salary would turn into a $3.9M one this year with th repeater tax given the money the team will need to dish out. Better to attempt to give that to Wade than to Michael. Don't blame you on the tickets though. Arison has been a penny wise and a pound foolish. Joel Anthony and Mike Miller played a large part in Lebron leaving. I get the commens about pouring money into the team and being a good business person and not losing money.....HOWEVER....in less than 25 years of team owership, an initial investment of less than 40M is now valued at 600M plus and growing. I get the owners not wanting to spend, but then they can expect situations like the one with Wade and the one with you turnup.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. You just said you would not renew your season tickets. The issue wit Beasley was that a $1.3M salary would turn into a $3.9M one this year with th repeater tax given the money the team will need to dish out. Better to attempt to give that to Wade than to Michael. Don't blame you on the tickets though. Arison has been a penny wise and a pound foolish. Joel Anthony and Mike Miller played a large part in Lebron leaving. I get the commens about pouring money into the team and being a good business person and not losing money.....HOWEVER....in less than 25 years of team owership, an initial investment of less than 40M is now valued at 600M plus and growing. I get the owners not wanting to spend, but then they can expect situations like the one with Wade and the one with you turnup.

My contract ends after this season.
They've been up my ass to extend, but at some point it just becomes 'not worth it' unless they rethink thier base starting prices.

I'll ignore Paolos ignorance on the subject, but do the math.
Heat premium prices are 3-4 times higher then MOST other team to begin with.
Then, depending on length of contract, you pay an annual bump of 5-7%.
There are some cool perks.....
But, it becomes pretty frustrating when you're looking at stub hub and seeing that on most game nights that you've paid 2-3 times more than the people buying resale or unsold inventory direct from the Heat.

I get all the reasoning behind the Beasley situation, but him being on the roster made MY game day experience tons more fun.

And James wasn't staying or leaving based on anything that went down with Miller or Anthony.

It's more than obvious to me how much he wants/needs to have total control.
He was never getting that here.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My contract ends after this season.
They've been up my ass to extend, but at some point it just becomes 'not worth it' unless they rethink thier base starting prices.

I'll ignore Paolos ignorance on the subject, but do the math.
Heat premium prices are 3-4 times higher then MOST other team to begin with.
Then, depending on length of contract, you pay an annual bump of 5-7%.
There are some cool perks.....
But, it becomes pretty frustrating when you're looking at stub hub and seeing that on most game nights that you've paid 2-3 times more than the people buying resale or unsold inventory direct from the Heat.

I get all the reasoning behind the Beasley situation, but him being on the roster made MY game day experience tons more fun.

And James wasn't staying or leaving based on anything that went down with Miller or Anthony.

It's more than obvious to me how much he wants/needs to have total control.
He was never getting that here.

I was simply pointing out the reasons you seem to have given for not wanting to either renew tickets or purchase , whatever the case may be. It is typical of the mentality of this lousy south florida fan base. Always looking for small stupid reasons not to show support.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, as most should know by now - Diva James has declared free agency as will Diva Wade more than likely. These two queens refuse to let an off-season guy by without them being in the spotlight over other deserving guys.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, as most should know by now - Diva James has declared free agency as will Diva Wade more than likely. These two queens refuse to let an off-season guy by without them being in the spotlight over other deserving guys.

James would be foolish to not opt out.
Not sure what Wades mindset is. We'll find out soon enough.

Either way, it's business.
How's it their fault if ESPN feels the need to scroll it on our screens all day and night?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was simply pointing out the reasons you seem to have given for not wanting to either renew tickets or purchase , whatever the case may be. It is typical of the mentality of this lousy south florida fan base. Always looking for small stupid reasons not to show support.

You're just a dick.
I know many people who support the Heat who live locally that rarely or never go to games for various reasons.

I know people who are Heat fans who can't go to Heat games because they don't live in NBA cities.
Again, where did I ever say I wouldn't support the Heat?

How many times have you committed to go to 2-3 preseason games, 41 regular season games+ if they make the playoffs?

Who are you to tell anyone how they should spend their time or money?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a good sign for us indicating that Wade isn't going anywhere.

He just started to follow Justise Winslow on instagram

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a good sign for us indicating that Wade isn't going anywhere.

He just started to follow Justise Winslow on instagram

Where's he going?
I never thought he'd be foolish enough to test the market if his goal was big bucks, multi year.
He'd embarrass himself.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times have you committed to go to 2-3 preseason games, 41 regular season games+ if they make the playoffs?

Who are you to tell anyone how they should spend their time or money?

I go to a hand full of games per month. Only reason I dont have a season ticket plan is because they dont make those for those who need accessible seating.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any talks that Miami is interested in Tobias Harris?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any talks that Miami is interested in Tobias Harris?

Won't be any cash left once Wade signs for a player like him.

On another note, I think it's great that Whiteside is going to travel and practice with the summer league team.
The man has been putting in the work all summer.
Can't wait to see the results in the fall.