• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat 2015 offseason thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it really be that the Heat only drafted Napier to try to attract Queen James to return? Yes, its a salary dump - but the way the team handled him at times last season seemed as though they didnt value him as much. You cant judge trades until a few seasons down the road - but, even then - no matter if Napier ends up having a successful career or less than stellar career -This is just a dumb move - you beyond Dragic and Chalmers at PG you have basically nothing - the whole idea of playing Diva Wade at PG is suicidal considering how careless he can be with the ball at times, especially when it isnt going well for him. Zoran is not the answer and neither is TJ.

Its truly sad how negligent the Heat are with youngsters with potential over youngsters how are no doubt scrubs.

Guess it would be safe to say that days of Justise Winslow with the Heat are numbered

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Closes the door on one of the worst moves by this front office. The Heat essentially gave up a 1st, and two second round picks, some cash for 51 games of Napier. At least we got Dragic after using two first round picks for half a season last year. I think the Heat will likely also cut Ennis unless they can move Chalmers or Anderson. They have time to do that though. Would essentially have to give a team cash and maybe a pick to unload their salary. They have time until the end of April. Interesting to see what happens....They liked Tyler Johson and the potential of Richardson more than Napier. Don't blame them in a way.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it really be that the Heat only drafted Napier to try to attract Queen James to return? Yes, its a salary dump - but the way the team handled him at times last season seemed as though they didnt value him as much. You cant judge trades until a few seasons down the road - but, even then - no matter if Napier ends up having a successful career or less than stellar career -This is just a dumb move - you beyond Dragic and Chalmers at PG you have basically nothing - the whole idea of playing Diva Wade at PG is suicidal considering how careless he can be with the ball at times, especially when it isnt going well for him. Zoran is not the answer and neither is TJ.

Its truly sad how negligent the Heat are with youngsters with potential over youngsters how are no doubt scrubs.

Guess it would be safe to say that days of Justise Winslow with the Heat are numbered

Not sure what dumping an unneeded Nappier has to do with Winslow?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Napier but is this really a big deal? He wasn't getting minutes this year with our roster and we have 3 other guys who can play PG

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a dumb move. I was never impressed with Napier. I thought drafting him was a good idea because it might have helped keep LeBron. When LeBron bolted, we should have dumped him then. Norris Cole is a player than him. We should have sent Shabazz to NoLa. Either way, we can find Napier level talent off the trash heap in the NBA. We don't need 3 PGs on this team. We have solid ball handlers. If we get some injuries, I promise you we can find a guy that will shoot mid 30% from the field and have a 1.5 assist to turnover ratio that plays shit defense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of Napier likely means signing Josh Richardson. I'm okay with this.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of Napier likely means signing Josh Richardson. I'm okay with this.

By Zoran.
Now let's get rid of Walker and Ennis and bring back Beasley.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zoran traded - before the idiot says anything stupid, Goran approved of the move so his brother gets more PT elsewhere

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the moves the Heat are making seem to be setting themselves up for the next off season free agency period - Which is fine - every team should work relentlessly to improve their team at all times - That said, The Heat still need at least 10-11 quality players on the roster to get through a season - point is , while the next off-season is the big picture, there is still another season before that to be played - The Heat cant fully neglect putting a quality roster for this season to make miami a more desirable destination during the FA process.

Obviously it will have to be for a lot less money than players usually want - but the Heat need to really convince guys to come here and help the team - it is obvious the youth movement within the roster hasnt yet arrived.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Henry Walker gets waived. Yet another roster spot available

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ira Winderman reporting the Heat looking to work towards picking up the 50 percent contract of Tyler Johnson - so the Heat continue to let guys with potential go over scrubs - well then

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ira Winderman reporting the Heat looking to work towards picking up the 50 percent contract of Tyler Johnson - so the Heat continue to let guys with potential go over scrubs - well then

Tyler has been nothing special, but he is a much better athlete then any of the 3 just released/traded players.
By not having Walker, Dragic, Nappier..we lost exactly what?
I actually see more upside in Tyler then Ennis.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In losing Walker, Dragic and Napier - especially in Napier and Walker who contributed at times - we lose depth, which the Heat needed quite a bit of the entire season. Not saying they are the answer even at the back end of the bench - what I am simply saying is the Heat cant go into regular season game 1 with multiple roster spots open. Take care of next off seasons free agency when it comes around - try and have a bounce back season first.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In losing Walker, Dragic and Napier - especially in Napier and Walker who contributed at times - we lose depth, which the Heat needed quite a bit of the entire season. Not saying they are the answer even at the back end of the bench - what I am simply saying is the Heat cant go into regular season game 1 with multiple roster spots open. Take care of next off seasons free agency when it comes around - try and have a bounce back season first.

If we need to go that deep, it means it's either garbage time or we are screwed because of injuries.
We know the starting 5.
Then we know we aren't trading Winslow, Richardson, McBob, Amare and UD.
I don't at all see us missing any of the 3 released/traded players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we need to go that deep, it means it's either garbage time or we are screwed because of injuries.
We know the starting 5.
Then we know we aren't trading Winslow, Richardson, McBob, Amare and UD.
I don't at all see us missing any of the 3 released/traded players.

What team wouldn't miss their potential 12th, 13th, & 14th players? :L

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tyler has more upside than Zoran and Napier. Napier was huge disappointment (albeit he was a rookie). I like Josh Richardson, that kid has significant upside and is well balanced. We have a solid rotation, I think we'll be fine with the released players.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what dumping an unneeded Nappier has to do with Winslow?

I made that statement/comparison in reference to the fact that the Heat are obviously not yet ready to value and commit to youngsters as Napier - I am just saying that the Heat could very well give up on Winslow after a season or so just as they did Napier - they are obviously two different players and positions - I was not comparing them in that regard.