• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat 2015 offseason thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year 20 mil for Wade - still slightly more than he shouldve gotten - but not bad - however, as Ira pointed out - this now creates difficulties for the Heat when it comes to cap and tax situation. Some re-working of contracts may need to take place.

As well, any shot at top FA is lost in a sense now - The heat will have to once again settle for guys willing to take less to join them.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year 20 mil for Wade - still slightly more than he shouldve gotten - but not bad - however, as Ira pointed out - this now creates difficulties for the Heat when it comes to cap and tax situation. Some re-working of contracts may need to take place.

As well, any shot at top FA is lost in a sense now - The heat will have to once again settle for guys willing to take less to join them.

it's a fine deal...and a deal Wade deserves for everything he's done for the franchise. should satisfy the Heat fans, Heat management and Wade himself.

but where you get at the depressing message that AGAIN guys will need to settle for taking less to join Miami? Miami since 2004 has been in a great position to make deep runs, since acquiring Shaq and getting the first title in Miami, the Heat have been relatively fortunate to have the rosters they've had.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Wade just signed, but Miami is meeting with Aldridge? How do they expect this to work out financially?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Am I missing something or did we not already add a top FA in Dragic?
Not sure if you understand the salary cap or not, but even if Wade left, we still wouldn't have had much room to sign anyone.

If Arison has to pay some tax, tough shit.
He can't expect the players to keep giving without ever wanting something in return.
His ships ( which he dodges paying taxes on) made over 200M net profit last quarter.
He'll be fine.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Wade just signed, but Miami is meeting with Aldridge? How do they expect this to work out financially?

The show I'm watching is suggesting a sign and trade involving Bosh.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show I'm watching is suggesting a sign and trade involving Bosh.
LOL after Bosh's tweet to Wade when he heard he was staying.

Poor Bosh, seems to be the ugly step child of the 'Big 3' in Miami and has never been fully appreciated.

Bosh literally called Wade his best friend in the tweet, yet everyone knows very well Wade knows exactly what the game plan is to try and get Aldridge, im sure Riley informed him.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside

Chalmers, Justice, McBob, BirdMan... Through in Haslem, Shabazz... We got a solid 9-10 man rotation. We are deep and got a good starting 5. We could take the East if we remain healthy for the playoffs.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside

Chalmers, Justice, McBob, BirdMan... Through in Haslem, Shabazz... We got a solid 9-10 man rotation. We are deep and got a good starting 5. We could take the East if we remain healthy for the playoffs.
possibly, if Heat remain healthy and the Cavs lose some guys...

I cant help but feel Miami is one more key player away from really contending.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something or did we not already add a top FA in Dragic?

I know most view signing their own teams guy as FA pick-ups - But, what I meant is that it will make it difficult to make splashes for players not currently with the team - i.e. Aldridge , Barea another rumored name, etc .
He can't expect the players to keep giving without ever wanting something in return.

They havent given nearly enough compared to what they have gotten

Birdman is a player the Heat can replace and improve upon - the rest of the guys you mentioned and the back end of the bench guys are fine as is

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That starting 5 of Miami is arguably the best in the league... but certainly top 3. While I agree Cavs are still better, I just don't trust the Cavs to stay healthy. Kyrie has huge injuries issues in his career. I get Wade misses time, but he has missed 1 playoff game in his career. When it matters, I trust Wade will be there more than Kyrie.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most view signing their own teams guy as FA pick-ups - But, what I meant is that it will make it difficult to make splashes for players not currently with the team - i.e. Aldridge , Barea another rumored name, etc .

They havent given nearly enough compared to what they have gotten

Birdman is a player the Heat can replace and improve upon - the rest of the guys you mentioned and the back end of the bench guys are fine as is

Paolo, if Wade hadn't re-signed and went to another team, the Heat would still be over the salary cap. Wade's contract doesn't hinder shit. It wasn't possible from the get go. Aldridge is likely getting the max, Barea may still be a viable option so long as Dallas doesn't offer more money (I think we only have the MLE at this point).

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo, if Wade hadn't re-signed and went to another team, the Heat would still be over the salary cap. Wade's contract doesn't hinder shit. It wasn't possible from the get go. Aldridge is likely getting the max, Barea may still be a viable option so long as Dallas doesn't offer more money (I think we only have the MLE at this point).

I am glad we got Wade. But I am shocked at the Monta Ellis deal. 11 million? That's it? Just putting this out there.. 4 years and 50 million for Monta Ellis would have been completely worth it for Miami. I don't know how, but that dude is one of the top 2 under rated players in the NBA. Him and Al Jefferson are my top 2.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I think we got him in the draft. Just need Barea the Lebron stopper and all set.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Right move to sign Wade. You can sign your own and go over. He had leverage as well beyond the emotionally. Would not have been able to get a quality replacement and maintain what we had without shedding more salaries to make up for Wade's production which is still very solid on the offensive side and diminishing but good at times on the D side.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am glad we got Wade. But I am shocked at the Monta Ellis deal. 11 million? That's it? Just putting this out there.. 4 years and 50 million for Monta Ellis would have been completely worth it for Miami. I don't know how, but that dude is one of the top 2 under rated players in the NBA. Him and Al Jefferson are my top 2.

He has a hard time getting along with teammates and is not that efficient. In golf, the guy would be a great get. In team sports, not so much.