• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McDavid sweepstakes

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i am all for tanking but i dont think that means the devils themselves are tanking.

pens are kinda like the colts. they have peyton all those years then the 1 year they suck they are able to draft luck. the colts though weren't tanking to get luck they really did suck without peyton.

the pens? i dont know i was too young to remember about mario but reading the stories a lot of people think that.

the pens did get "lucky" to land sid though. that was the year that the lockout lost the year happened. who knows who really would've finished where that year. they based the lotto off the previous year and everyone had a "shot" (some better then others) at getting the #1 pick.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i am all for tanking but i dont think that means the devils themselves are tanking.

pens are kinda like the colts. they have peyton all those years then the 1 year they suck they are able to draft luck. the colts though weren't tanking to get luck they really did suck without peyton.

the pens? i dont know i was too young to remember about mario but reading the stories a lot of people think that.

the pens did get "lucky" to land sid though. that was the year that the lockout lost the year happened. who knows who really would've finished where that year. they based the lotto off the previous year and everyone had a "shot" (some better then others) at getting the #1 pick.

One credit I'll give the pens is that at least after sucking so bad they drafted well. Look at friggin Edmonton. How many #1 and they still suck. But the pens were friggin awful for years before Sid

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think edmonton just got shit luck with how good the prospects were at #1.

to be honest though i would've looked to move some of those #1's and move down in the draft.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know I'll never be a fan of tanking for a draft pick. I would rather see them work hard no matter what. Get back to devils hockey. They have strayed from what made this organization successful since signing kovalchuck. They should have let him walk and focused on guys like parise and building from within through hard work. Play it out get some if the fire and work ethic back in this team

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know I'll never be a fan of tanking for a draft pick. I would rather see them work hard no matter what. Get back to devils hockey. They have strayed from what made this organization successful since signing kovalchuck. They should have let him walk and focused on guys like parise and building from within through hard work. Play it out get some if the fire and work ethic back in this team

Tanking was worth it if you ask me…

If I ran the Devils I would for sure tank for CMcD…

Wish the Pens would've done it…
:doobs:

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree Clarkson....especially since I still have some tickets in February and March.

Plus tanking is clearly unmanly...rebuilding is one thing, actually holding players out is another

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Clarkson....especially since I still have some tickets in February and March.

Plus tanking is clearly unmanly...rebuilding is one thing, actually holding players out is another

I can't speak for 1984, but Penguin tickets were rather cheap in 2003-04, we did really well during the month of March, plus it helped us get Sid, so it was well worth it IMO.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need to get back to their old ways. Progress our players in the system like they used to. Henrique, sverson, Gelinas and a few others have been successful. But we have guys like larsson, Matthau and many others who are not progressing. Lack of ice time and valuable experience, enforcing the work ethic and improving upon their skills. Getting them tuned into the system. Don't get me wrong there's nothing I would want more than mcdavid, but I would like to see it happen the right way. They would have to develope him properly and not ruin him. And they really have to get the team back in track. Stop the sloppy and lazy play and get back to devils hockey. Otherwise we either find a way to destroy a great player or have a superstar on A bad team

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get back to their old ways. Progress our players in the system like they used to. Henrique, sverson, Gelinas and a few others have been successful. But we have guys like larsson, Matthau and many others who are not progressing. Lack of ice time and valuable experience, enforcing the work ethic and improving upon their skills. Getting them tuned into the system. Don't get me wrong there's nothing I would want more than mcdavid, but I would like to see it happen the right way. They would have to develope him properly and not ruin him. And they really have to get the team back in track. Stop the sloppy and lazy play and get back to devils hockey. Otherwise we either find a way to destroy a great player or have a superstar on A bad team

They implied that the Blues might dump Marty, if so, what do you think about the Devils picking him up? Or do you think the Devils would be better off with Schneider & Kinkaid?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 more wins & Marty gets win #700. I would like to see him get #700 with the Devils.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They implied that the Blues might dump Marty, if so, what do you think about the Devils picking him up? Or do you think the Devils would be better off with Schneider & Kinkaid?

9 more wins & Marty gets win #700. I would like to see him get #700 with the Devils.

I would like to see that happen. Not just to see him get win 700 for the devils but to see him retire a devil. Both would be beneficial to the team right now. They need the push and potential revenue. But I don't see it happening

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for 1984, but Penguin tickets were rather cheap in 2003-04, we did really well during the month of March, plus it helped us get Sid, so it was well worth it IMO.

I thought as long as you missed the playoffs that year (for the 3rd straight time) you were in the same boat with regard to the lottery anyway though? Hell, the Sabres came in 9th in the East that year and got the same odds that the Penguins did.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought as long as you missed the playoffs that year (for the 3rd straight time) you were in the same boat with regard to the lottery anyway though? Hell, the Sabres came in 9th in the East that year and got the same odds that the Penguins did.

True, we were with the Rangers, Sabres, & Blue Jackets for the greatest odds that year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see that happen. Not just to see him get win 700 for the devils but to see him retire a devil. Both would be beneficial to the team right now. They need the push and potential revenue. But I don't see it happening

I was disappointed that he went to the Blues but I could understand his reasons. I think he needs to go to a place that will embrace him, not just take him as a rental. Devils are the only choice IMO. No one else could embrace Marty like Devil fans could.