• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McDavid sweepstakes

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well just head in that direction. Blow up the team, staff and building for the future.

Sick of this disgusting play.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a Devil fan, I would just start rooting for the St. Louis Blues.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
im boycotting the season. so im all for tanking it for #1. i know people will say that they changed the draft lotto rules and all that. still though the team finishes last has the best shot at winning so give me that shot.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coyotes are going to get McDavid no matter what, pretty sure that was in the agreement when they sold the team.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So are we all in agreement this year to sell at the deadline?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the games we played this year I think last night bothered me the most. Blew a 2 goal lead for the 50th time this year and the Islanders just had their way with them for most of the night. The Islanders played like crap and still controlled play. Faster, more skilled, more of a fire. The 4 on 4 PP might as well have been shorthanded. Clearing the zone and getting a line change was reason to celebrate in that game.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kinkaid with another solid performance too. He and Gomez were the team's best players.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we're blowing it up you have to imagine the Devils could get some draft picks for Zids, Jagr, Ryder.

Maybe two more 2nds and a 3rd? That gets you 6 picks in the top `~75-80ish. Draft the 6 best fast offensive players on the board and hope a few hit the mark. Frustrating.

I would love to see how many leads this team has had this season and blow. Feels like a huge amount.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we all in agreement this year to sell at the deadline?

I would say yes, and ordinarily I would never. When I watch the Devils, it's borderline painful, even if they win. They are just flat out slow. Living near Pittsburgh, I obviously get to frequently see a team with speed and skill. The other night at work, I was watching the Pens and Jackets. If nothing else, it was a fun game to watch with lots of speed. And this is a Jackets team below the Devils in standings.

What do I see with the Devils? Slow, a bunch of endless cycling, point / perimeter shots. When do you see solid chances from the slot area? Never. Also, how often do you see a legit breakway or a well executed 2 on 1? I can't even remember anything recently. That speaks to how slow and lacking skill this team is.

Bottom line, we need to sell and build for the future. The Devils have a solid goalie in Schneider, who right now has to hate life with the team that is in front of him. Lou has done great things for this franchise, there's no doubt. But, with the team we have now, it seems pretty evident that he doesn't know how to build a team for the current state of the game. Also, I would guess that young skill players don't want to come to NJ with the stigma that still exists with Lou at the reigns. HAVE to clean house and start fresh.

Remember, the person who says it can't be done, is always interrupted by the one who just did it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys realize that you're only 4 points out of the final wildcard spot and only 5 points behind the Capitals for 3rd place in the Metropolitan Division, right?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would say yes, and ordinarily I would never. When I watch the Devils, it's borderline painful, even if they win. They are just flat out slow. Living near Pittsburgh, I obviously get to frequently see a team with speed and skill. The other night at work, I was watching the Pens and Jackets. If nothing else, it was a fun game to watch with lots of speed. And this is a Jackets team below the Devils in standings.

What do I see with the Devils? Slow, a bunch of endless cycling, point / perimeter shots. When do you see solid chances from the slot area? Never. Also, how often do you see a legit breakway or a well executed 2 on 1? I can't even remember anything recently. That speaks to how slow and lacking skill this team is.

Bottom line, we need to sell and build for the future. The Devils have a solid goalie in Schneider, who right now has to hate life with the team that is in front of him. Lou has done great things for this franchise, there's no doubt. But, with the team we have now, it seems pretty evident that he doesn't know how to build a team for the current state of the game. Also, I would guess that young skill players don't want to come to NJ with the stigma that still exists with Lou at the reigns. HAVE to clean house and start fresh.

Remember, the person who says it can't be done, is always interrupted by the one who just did it.

Agreed. You mentioned Cory. I wish he didn't have a NTC because I would even listen to offers for him. He is a solid goaltender, and he would probably get a nice return, but would have to waive his NTC.

I think on defense, this team is going in the right direction. We have to realize that a lot of these blown leads this season is because we have these young guys on defense who are making a lot of mistakes. But, its better to watch guys like Severson and Helgeson compared to what we had last season.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You guys realize that you're only 4 points out of the final wildcard spot and only 5 points behind the Capitals for 3rd place in the Metropolitan Division, right?

I see the standings, but we have to be realistic too. Look at our top lines forward lines and compare them to the rest of the league.
I am not going as far as saying tank the season. I would never root for a team that is losing purposely, but to sell at the deadline is not the same as tanking the season.

Like we have on defense, I would rather us put in some young guys on offense.
This team is fully capable of putting a winning streak together to get back in the playoff mix, but not sure if that's best for this team and the future. Similar to last year when the team refused to sell.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the standings, but we have to be realistic too. Look at our top lines forward lines and compare them to the rest of the league.
I am not going as far as saying tank the season. I would never root for a team that is losing purposely, but to sell at the deadline is not the same as tanking the season.

Like we have on defense, I would rather us put in some young guys on offense.
This team is fully capable of putting a winning streak together to get back in the playoff mix, but not sure if that's best for this team and the future. Similar to last year when the team refused to sell.

I could agree with that.

:suds:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed. You mentioned Cory. I wish he didn't have a NTC because I would even listen to offers for him. He is a solid goaltender, and he would probably get a nice return, but would have to waive his NTC.

I think on defense, this team is going in the right direction. We have to realize that a lot of these blown leads this season is because we have these young guys on defense who are making a lot of mistakes. But, its better to watch guys like Severson and Helgeson compared to what we had last season.

Cory had to know going into this season what he was in store for but yeah I gotta say goaltending in the nhl isn't what it use to be. You really have a ton of nhl talent out there that can stop pucks. You could play your cards right and rotate every few years with ufa goalies. A #9 and 7 years is a lot to give up. Hell what are you going to get for cory though? I don't think much better then a 1st and a prospect all teams that are good have solid goalies teams that are bad can just wait til July 1st which is what we should've done

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. And the Devils have in recent years put together a great second half to be in the playoffs.

That said, based on what I have seen, this team doesn't have the talent to make a run. In past years, the teams did have that skill level that either wasn't utilized properly, or they just sucked. This team, I don't see either of those things being the big picture.

PDB absolutely needs to go. :L

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With ALL of that said, I hope this team proves me wrong. But if by the trade deadline it isn't happening, there's still an option to sell a Jagr or a Ryder.

Looking at the numbers, we have Zajac, Cammalleri, Henrique, Greene and Clowe long term. Anyone else is expendable.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they aren't going to sell. i just hope that people finally start to complain enough that lou gets the boot.

tired of hearing how much he has done for this team.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they aren't going to sell. i just hope that people finally start to complain enough that lou gets the boot.

tired of hearing how much he has done for this team.

I guess its much easier for everyone to say fire the coach.
But I think the lineup and lineup options given to our coach is the problem.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he had two studs kovy and parise and was able to get to the finals. give him two more studs and see what he can do.