• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McDavid sweepstakes

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed that he went to the Blues but I could understand his reasons. I think he needs to go to a place that will embrace him, not just take him as a rental. Devils are the only choice IMO. No one else could embrace Marty like Devil fans could.

I agree I'm just not seeing ownership budge and take him back. Even though it would be a major benefit to both sides

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I'm just not seeing ownership budge and take him back. Even though it would be a major benefit to both sides

Way I see it unless they think Schneider should play every game and or they think Kinkaid is the goalie of the future, makes no sense to not bring Marty back.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Devils hockey? What is Devils hockey from the old nhl because since 05 this tea, has been a joke. It's a country club and I'm talking about the core vets on this team

Elias soft can't handle the c
Langenbrunner the captain getting upset about lemaire I think taking away his c or was it something else
Brother wanting nothing but to pad his stats by starting all those regular season games
Madden firing a puck at Juliet getting him fired.

Those are core players and they let that shit happen

Devils hockey from 90s don't win cups you need goal scoring and skill they didn't make the finals in 12 because kovy and praise played defense they made it because they were dominate players that could take over the game.

I'm all for rebuilding over tanking but let's be real we have sucked since the cup run I beleieve we have a little more wins then the oilers in that span of time. Yet how far are we into this rebuild what do we have to show for it

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils hockey? What is Devils hockey from the old nhl because since 05 this tea, has been a joke. It's a country club and I'm talking about the core vets on this team

Elias soft can't handle the c
Langenbrunner the captain getting upset about lemaire I think taking away his c or was it something else
Brother wanting nothing but to pad his stats by starting all those regular season games
Madden firing a puck at Juliet getting him fired.

Those are core players and they let that shit happen

Devils hockey from 90s don't win cups you need goal scoring and skill they didn't make the finals in 12 because kovy and praise played defense they made it because they were dominate players that could take over the game.

I'm all for rebuilding over tanking but let's be real we have sucked since the cup run I beleieve we have a little more wins then the oilers in that span of time. Yet how far are we into this rebuild what do we have to show for it
Developing players within the system, working the boards, hard work everything that was lost with kovy and his finesse game. His floating made this team lazy. Parise was a prime example of devils hockey

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils today remind me of the Rangers during the early 2000s when they would try to build teams filled with has been washed up players and put no emphasis whatsoever on defensive play. Even if the 1990s-early 2000s style is now ineffective, it's still better than whatever the Devils are trying to do on the ice right now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Developing players within the system, working the boards, hard work everything that was lost with kovy and his finesse game. His floating made this team lazy. Parise was a prime example of devils hockey

Yup, and David Clarkson too.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schneider has never been in a full time starting role until now, Kinkaid has been a career AHL goalie until now, team needs leadership in net, Marty brings that leadership. Makes it a lot easier for dmen to clear the puck out of the zone with Marty back there to distribute the puck.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty belongs with the Devils, the Devils belong with Marty, as far as I'm concerned, the 2 are the 1 and the same.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

your right he upped and left during ufa. prime example of devils hockey lol.

kovy just put a new spin on how he left the team lol.

yeah ideally the devils SHOULD just like any other team develop talent from within. but this hasn't been the devils "style" looooooooooooooooong before kovy got here. before this year with the young d it was elias/zajac/henrique/greene those were devils that were brought up in the system. everyone else was brought in. i'm trying to just go off the top of my head but the "era of devils hockey" died when madden/pando left. those were the last two of the old nhl defense first shut down hockey the devils played.

they have stefan down in the minors but for some reason are reluctant to bring him up. yet they go out and bring in ruutu last year and we have him for another year after this.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2015/

Eliteprospects.com - Dylan Strome

This guy's brother is an Islanders rookie, having a solid season. The trade deadline is a little over a month away. I'm hoping we hover around the same spot in the standings and sell, get some picks like we've been saying for Jagr, Zidlicky, Ryder and whoever else we can. If we can get a lotto pick combined with 3 or 4 2nd rounders we could be in pretty good shape. We can either use those picks or package those picks to move up or get a top 6 guy.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your right he upped and left during ufa. prime example of devils hockey lol.

kovy just put a new spin on how he left the team lol.

yeah ideally the devils SHOULD just like any other team develop talent from within. but this hasn't been the devils "style" looooooooooooooooong before kovy got here. before this year with the young d it was elias/zajac/henrique/greene those were devils that were brought up in the system. everyone else was brought in. i'm trying to just go off the top of my head but the "era of devils hockey" died when madden/pando left. those were the last two of the old nhl defense first shut down hockey the devils played.

they have stefan down in the minors but for some reason are reluctant to bring him up. yet they go out and bring in ruutu last year and we have him for another year after this.

:L same old cup lol it had nothing to do with overpaying kovy right lmao

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with you Clarkson...quit pointing out facts

I don't know must be something in the pizza :noidea: the season may be shot but we need to look to the future. I was thrilled we got larsson but after the way he has been developed I'm really weary on top picks regardless of who they are. We need to right this ship no matter what. I don't believe in can't miss picks lindtos wound up being more of a win for Quebec. Edmonton is a huge example of the dynamics of picks development and system. You can't just rely on a savior it takes hard work something we have been seriously lacking as of late

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I watched the World Juniors, and McDavid was rather quiet. I know what he did in terms of points, but I was also expecting domination since I kept hearing him compared to Crosby and Gretzky.
When watching Team Canada, at times he wasn't even their top player. Not saying that he won't be a star.

Anybody else watch the world juniors?
Domi's son is pretty good. Has 1000 times the skill his old man had. Good all around game from what I saw. He stood out.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the World Juniors, and McDavid was rather quiet. I know what he did in terms of points, but I was also expecting domination since I kept hearing him compared to Crosby and Gretzky.
When watching Team Canada, at times he wasn't even their top player. Not saying that he won't be a star.

Anybody else watch the world juniors?
Domi's son is pretty good. Has 1000 times the skill his old man had. Good all around game from what I saw. He stood out.

Saw bits and pieces. It is shocking to see Domi's kid with skills other than fighting. think the kid is going to be a player. On;y saw the US team a few times. The Eichel kid is supposed to be #2 right behind McDavid. We shall see.