• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybin a Jet

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like last call time and you get dissed by the Butterface girl!

Which has only happened to friends of mine and not me! :whistle:

w215527293.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha!...Yeah, me too! "Hey Mabin, we don't want you, but you sure as hell better want us!"

I believe psychosis has begun :behindsofa:

We just got to walk tall MW... just walk tall! we're better people for this!:hippie:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is in NY taking a physical and is expected to sign with duh Jets.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Maybin - LB - Jets

Jets agreed to terms with OLB Aaron Maybin on a one-year contract.
"I think he's got some talent, some pass rush ability," explained coach Rex Ryan. "We don't need him to be a starter. We'll see." The Jets are essentially kicking the tires on Maybin, seeing if he has anything to offer on a one-year deal for the third-year minimum. According to reports, Maybin's weight is up to 242 after he initially reported to Jets camp at 228 following an offseason bout with pneumonia. Maybin drew high marks for his effort in Buffalo, but hasn't shown the ability to play football well at the NFL level. That figures to be his undoing in New York. He isn't guaranteed a roster spot.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Maybin - LB - Jets

Jets agreed to terms with OLB Aaron Maybin on a one-year contract.
"I think he's got some talent, some pass rush ability," explained coach Rex Ryan. "We don't need him to be a starter. We'll see." The Jets are essentially kicking the tires on Maybin, seeing if he has anything to offer on a one-year deal for the third-year minimum. According to reports, Maybin's weight is up to 242 after he initially reported to Jets camp at 228 following an offseason bout with pneumonia. Maybin drew high marks for his effort in Buffalo, but hasn't shown the ability to play football well at the NFL level. That figures to be his undoing in New York. He isn't guaranteed a roster spot.

How that develops will be interesting to watch.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well it's a good fit if he can somehow pan out. Jets could put him to use in their scheme rush better than most, and only have to pay the minimum (if he makes it). Can't blame the guy for going to the Jets. I'm indifferent like most anyway, even if he ended up a 49er.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Vernon Gholston is better IMHO. At least Vernon walks around on the street at 260. Maybin is naturally probably 220 and he's got to pump the crap out of himself to get up to 240.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Maybin is at 242 now and the reasoning for his off-season weight loss was pneumonia. Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
HA! Did I really use the exact same phrasing in two sentences? Or did I just type "Mays" and mean "Maybin?"

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him to the jets doesn't surprise me. Hes got physical talent but I just dunno if he could put the pass rush part together. I guess if anyone was gonna get the best out of him its that.coaching staff.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him to the jets doesn't surprise me. Hes got physical talent but I just dunno if he could put the pass rush part together. I guess if anyone was gonna get the best out of him its that.coaching staff.

Because they've gotten the best of the pass-rushers over there.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they've gotten the best of the pass-rushers over there.

No because they have one of the best and most aggressive 34s in the NFL. Who knows he may be gholston all over again but apparently they are willing to try.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because they have one of the best and most aggressive 34s in the NFL. Who knows he may be gholston all over again but apparently they are willing to try.

But why are you assuming that their coaching is the coaching staff to get the best out of Maybin? Who has thrived at 3-4 OLB in that scheme in New York? They had one of biggest physical specimens to enter the draft in the last decade in Gholston and they managed 0 sacks out of him.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why are you assuming that their coaching is the coaching staff to get the best out of Maybin? Who has thrived at 3-4 OLB in that scheme in New York? They had one of biggest physical specimens to enter the draft in the last decade in Gholston and they managed 0 sacks out of him.

Im not assuming anything from him. Im not even assuming he'll make the team. Im just saying if he'll succeed anywhere it would be in a defense like that who uses alot of different looks and always rushes.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not assuming anything from him. Im not even assuming he'll make the team. Im just saying if he'll succeed anywhere it would be in a defense like that who uses alot of different looks and always rushes.

And that's what I disagree with. Since Rex Ryan has taken over the Jets, have they even had a legitimate pass-rusher on the outside? I don't see why you'd think that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I still can't believe he was drafted AHEAD of Brian Orakpo. I don't know anyone except the Bills who didn't see that blunder coming.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more of a team pass rush rather than an individual rusher that gets the Jets D going. Actually I think one of their safeties comes down and gets the pressure/hurries more so than the LBs.