• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybin a Jet

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of course they were. That entire draft screams Singletary. Two big, run-blocking OL in the first. A big, physical specimen at safety. A blocking TE in the Nate Byham in the late rounds. A big RB in the 6th round in Anthony Dixon.

Ugh, it's disgusting that they even allowed that clown in the war room.

Mays was Sing's pick and Dixon was Jimmy Raye's pick. The rest we don't know. I think it's a bit premature that people are already forming opinions on the 2010 class.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Of course they were. That entire draft screams Singletary. Two big, run-blocking OL in the first. A big, physical specimen at safety. A blocking TE in the Nate Byham in the late rounds. A big RB in the 6th round in Anthony Dixon.

Ugh, it's disgusting that they even allowed that clown in the war room.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Byham or Dixon picks. Who do you expect us to draft in the 6th round, the next Tom Brady???

The 1st and 2nd round picks are fair game for a lot of criticism.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of late it seems like taking a LB from Penn St. is as bad as taking a S from USC.

All jokes aside I see Mays' biggest problem as his lack of aggression. When I watch him play I see him do too much reading and not enough reacting. I see a guy who is afraid to make mistakes. I would like to see him just pin his ears back and play ball. He is way too talented to not make plays.

Also I blame the coaches for not hammering this in as well as not trying to make him a pro bowl special teamer. This guy should be leading every special trams unit we have.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Dodub that's a good point. Last year he was being criticized for not wrapping up and always going for the big hit at the very beginning of the year. It looks like he's gone way overboard playing fundamentally because he's stuck at half speed - a lot of that is because he's under the microscope.

At some point he needs to just cut it loose and play aggressively because he's the one who'll get cut loose very soon.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Anthony Davis : )

I was gonna say Crabby, but Clyde beart me to it...

Maybin CLEARLY isn't a good pass rusher. How about trying him out at ILB?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Byham or Dixon picks. Who do you expect us to draft in the 6th round, the next Tom Brady???

The 1st and 2nd round picks are fair game for a lot of criticism.

I think the Niners would have picked Iupati regardless.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Crabby is the reason we now have Davis! Grrr!

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i doubt he will be any good at ILB. ILB's need to be able to play sideline to sideline, play in space, drop down in coverage as well... I don't think he has that type of skill set

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As of late it seems like taking a LB from Penn St. is as bad as taking a S from USC.

All jokes aside I see Mays' biggest problem as his lack of aggression. When I watch him play I see him do too much reading and not enough reacting. I see a guy who is afraid to make mistakes. I would like to see him just pin his ears back and play ball. He is way too talented to not make plays.

Also I blame the coaches for not hammering this in as well as not trying to make him a pro bowl special teamer. This guy should be leading every special trams unit we have.

Paul Posluszy, Dan Connor, NaVorro Bowman, Tamba Hali (I think he's a OLB in the 3-4)

Will all be starting this year

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha...yeah Buddy!

Funny how things Domino, right? If we'd taken Oher, we wouldn't have needed Davis (and kept that 4th rounder, btw). We could have had Earl Thomas, Brandon Graham, Dez Bryant...Devin McCourty though he wasn't on the radar that high.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was hoping for a trade down & getting Oher & then Dez the next year or stay at 10 & take Orakpo.

Really liked Derrick Morgan too.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99% of ESPN's board were jumping up and down for Crabtree on draft day. It's hilarious how quick things change.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After waiving OLB Aaron Maybin earlier in the day, Bills GM Buddy Nix told reporters Monday evening that he doesn't believe Maybin could fit any defensive scheme unless he moved to "strong safety or something."

Nix spoke of Maybin's limited size and strength, and his failure to keep weight on. Maybin reported to camp weighing in the 220s. He did draw high marks for effort in practice, but the Bills deemed him incapable of contributing in game situations. He'll be eligible for waiver claims until 4PM ET Tuesday.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
99% of ESPN's board were jumping up and down for Crabtree on draft day. It's hilarious how quick things change.

This is true. About half over there thought Troy Smith was the franchise QB after 2 games as well. Football's great, but very few of its fans know the first thing about it.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After waiving OLB Aaron Maybin earlier in the day, Bills GM Buddy Nix told reporters Monday evening that he doesn't believe Maybin could fit any defensive scheme unless he moved to "strong safety or something."
Nix spoke of Maybin's limited size and strength, and his failure to keep weight on. Maybin reported to camp weighing in the 220s. He did draw high marks for effort in practice, but the Bills deemed him incapable of contributing in game situations. He'll be eligible for waiver claims until 4PM ET Tuesday.

Ouch...not really necessary to kick him when he's down. What's his 40 time? Maybe he's a 4-3 WLB?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. About half over there thought Troy Smith was the franchise QB after 2 games as well. Football's great, but very few of its fans know the first thing about it.

Yessuh. I believe me, you, mac and Dodub were the only ones strongly against Crabtree. Pozz didn't like the pick either if I remember correctly. The point is all of this "could've had" talk is ridiculous given how almost everybody loved the Crabtree pick.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On August 15, 2011, Maybin was waived by the Bills due to his third failed drug test in less than a month.
- wikipedia

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There's nothing like a tremendously stupid 1st round draft pick to kick you right in the balls. I can think of little that's more frustrating.

You wait ALL year for that new 49er toy and BAM! Coal.