• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybin a Jet

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing like a tremendously stupid 1st round draft pick to kick you right in the balls. I can think of little that's more frustrating.

You wait ALL year for that new 49er toy and BAM! Coal.

BAM! Herpes.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After waiving OLB Aaron Maybin earlier in the day, Bills GM Buddy Nix told reporters Monday evening that he doesn't believe Maybin could fit any defensive scheme unless he moved to "strong safety or something."

Nix spoke of Maybin's limited size and strength, and his failure to keep weight on. Maybin reported to camp weighing in the 220s. He did draw high marks for effort in practice, but the Bills deemed him incapable of contributing in game situations. He'll be eligible for waiver claims until 4PM ET Tuesday.

Yea, they said he looked more like a WR than linebacker when he reported.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yessuh. I believe me, you, mac and Dodub were the only ones strongly against Crabtree. Pozz didn't like the pick either if I remember correctly. The point is all of this "could've had" talk is ridiculous given how almost everybody loved the Crabtree pick.

I don't even remember being online that day but I do know I wasn't jumping up and down. Since we're not GM's, all personnel discussions should be ridiculous. I don't see anything wrong in playing a little "what if," especially on a guy that's been pretty underwhelming. Or can I only play that game if I run on and post about how horrible a pick is?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even remember being online that day but I do know I wasn't jumping up and down. Since we're not GM's, all personnel discussions should be ridiculous. I don't see anything wrong in playing a little "what if," especially on a guy that's been pretty underwhelming. Or can I only play that game if I run on and post about how horrible a pick is?

You can talk about and say what you want. It's a free board! Well, except for a select few.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Funny how things Domino, right? If we'd taken Oher, we wouldn't have needed Davis (and kept that 4th rounder, btw). We could have had Earl Thomas, Brandon Graham, Dez Bryant...Devin McCourty though he wasn't on the radar that high.

The domino effect indeed. The Crabtree pick has, to this point, definitely set us back.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybin needs to go on the Tim Lincecum diet.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yessuh. I believe me, you, mac and Dodub were the only ones strongly against Crabtree. Pozz didn't like the pick either if I remember correctly. The point is all of this "could've had" talk is ridiculous given how almost everybody loved the Crabtree pick.

Imac was not interested in forcing a Crabtree pick, but he was on board with taking him if he fell to us @ 10 and Stafford and Sanchez were gone.

My first post ever on espn, which was in response to Ninersickness wanting DHB went something like ~ "Why would the 49ers want to waste a DP on DHB or any receiver? We do not need a WR...."

I mentioned how I felt we had enough developable talent and Bruce, to which Ninersickness responded with some kind words of disagreement.

If my memory serves me right, Clyde, most on the board at that time held the belief that Crab was never going to reach us @ 10 and there was a lot of discussion between Crab and DHB.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imac was not interested in forcing a Crabtree pick, but he was on board with taking him if he fell to us @ 10 and Stafford and Sanchez were gone.

My first post ever on espn, which was in response to Ninersickness wanting DHB went something like ~ "Why would the 49ers want to waste a DP on DHB or any receiver? We do not need a WR...."

I mentioned how I felt we had enough developable talent and Bruce, to which Ninersickness responded with some kind words of disagreement.

If my memory serves me right, Clyde, most on the board at that time held the belief that Crab was never going to reach us @ 10 and there was a lot of discussion between Crab and DHB.

You remember your very first post? Good memory! :whoo:

I think only a very, very few people even talked about DHB at 10. Sickness was a big fan of his, but I dunno if he would've taken him that high. The #1 on my wishlist that year was Matthew Stafford, but that was a pipe-dream. At 10 I wanted Malcolm Jenkins bad.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You remember your very first post? Good memory! :whoo:

I think only a very, very few people even talked about DHB at 10. Sickness was a big fan of his, but I dunno if he would've taken him that high. The #1 on my wishlist that year was Matthew Stafford, but that was a pipe-dream. At 10 I wanted Malcolm Jenkins bad.

Yes, I do recall you liking Stafford now that you mention it. I liked both Stafford and Sanchez but was leery about Sanchez's college experience.

There is a rather funny and embarrassing story (involving me and Imac) surrounding my first post(s), and that is the only reason why I remember it.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I remember Orakpo's name being thrown out quite a lot back then because that's when I started reading the board. I thought that was the main debate going on - to take him or get crabs.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Raji and was his biggest fan. Damn you GB! Doesn't help watching him dominate either.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can talk about and say what you want. It's a free board! Well, except for a select few.

Right on, bro. Long as it's not the dribble from the old board, it's all to have fun talkin' about the team we root for.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The domino effect indeed. The Crabtree pick has, to this point, definitely set us back.

At least he's still young. All the kid has to do is stay healthy, start working hard and lose the alligator arms. Even if he's never dominant he has enough talent to be solid and then we can avoid "being forced" to drop another high pick on a WR.

Crabby, Edwards and VD should be productive enough to let us be choosy about drafting a receiver. That said, if he doesn't turn it around then we're pretty hard up for a CB, WR and OT in the near future. I wish we could pull a NO a find probowlers in later rounds (or even the first round at this point...).

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybinx-inset-community.jpg

He'll need to get a new haircut now.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At least he's still young. All the kid has to do is stay healthy, start working hard and lose the alligator arms. Even if he's never dominant he has enough talent to be solid and then we can avoid "being forced" to drop another high pick on a WR.

Crabby, Edwards and VD should be productive enough to let us be choosy about drafting a receiver. That said, if he doesn't turn it around then we're pretty hard up for a CB, WR and OT in the near future. I wish we could pull a NO a find probowlers in later rounds (or even the first round at this point...).

Hahaha! Agreed! Hell, I'm willing to start looking at grocery store baggers at this point!

As for Crabtree, yeah, Crabtree is not going to win any jump balls, he is not going to fool any defenders, he is not going to sacrifice his body to make a catch, he is not going to clear the middle for Vernon, etc, etc.

IMO, Crabtree is just another over-drafted, one-dimensional, hit him in stride and in space and see what he can do slot receiver. He is a solid #2 receiver talent wise, but with the unquestionable ability to become a solid #3 receiver when you factor in his attitude.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like we're entertaining him as an option.

mattbarrows Matt Barrows
RT @JasonColeYahoo: Source says Chi, SF, Den, Indy and NYJ have expressed interest in Aaron Maybin. Decision likely later tonight.
9 minutes ago

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we collecting 1st round let downs/bust?